If we lose to this Giants team at home..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
.. we don't deserve the playoffs

They are really bad.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah they don't look great. And that's with knowing that the offense will be throwing it every down.

strohmin

Reaction score
I still expect a close game, given how we still have a target on our back even though we may have fallen out of the national spot light.

mikeak

Reaction score
The few minutes I watched was blitz after blitz on Luck.

Will see how Wilson picks them up, moves people and make the right reads. And yes how many nanoseconds our line holds up...

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Not gonna lose man. The Giants are really struggling. They are mediocre at best at literally every position.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
mikeak":1vgh6ctv said:

Will see how Wilson picks them up, moves people and make the right reads. And yes how many nanoseconds our line holds up...

We will gash them with Lynch who should go nuts if they try blitzing.

Also, they just gave up over 40 at home. Their defense shouldnt scare a soul.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Why does it always seem, that the week before we play a team, they look like crapola.
The following week they play like gangbusters.
We must bring out the best in teams.

So, get ready for extreme effort from the Giants, even on a short week.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, even on a short week it looks like that giant team will be playing well rested.....after watching tonight. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2fdbso6s said:
mikeak":2fdbso6s said:

We will gash them with Lynch who should go nuts if they try blitzing.

Also, they just gave up over 40 at home. Their defense shouldnt scare a soul.

Assuming Bevell wants to give Lynch the ball or the OL doesn't ruin it with a penalty.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3e2vglfk said:

Washington blitzed him, and were extremely aggressive with pressuring him, and he torched them. It's not just pressuring him that works, it's containing him when you fail to get home immediately. Only two teams I've seen be able to do so, and that was St. Louis and Arizona last year. Giants don't have the personnel those two have defensively. I expect Seattle to really settle in offensively this week and put up some points.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ummmm...Have you guys watched any games outside of the Hawks this year?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day. The NFL has finally realized Rozzells dream of "any given Sunday"

I think EVERY team needs to be respected and all players need to keep after it until the last second ticks off the clock.

It is foolish at this point to worry/think about the playoffs. Just win this game, PERIOD.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If there ever was a game set up for a Hawks feel good blowout with some style points, this is it.

1. Bad Giants team that just got demoralized at home
2. short week for Giants
3. Have to fly all the way across the country
4. Now know they're not going anywhere this year
5. Their best player on defense is done for the year

Which is why I'm calling for another close game, cause apparently this year we don't have the ability to pull away from teams in the 2nd half.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":k3pl5qoa said:
Not gonna lose man. The Giants are really struggling. They are mediocre at best at literally every position.

I dont think our team is playing with any kind of consistency that would allow me even as a fan to overlook any team in the NFL. Didn't the 0-7/8 Raiders make it a game against us a few days ago?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2g4jx7lv said:
2 plays made and we are 7-1. I don't think we are bad.

a coin flip and we're 4-4. We're not that bad, but we're not that ahead of the rest of the NFL either.

jblaze

Reaction score
They're hurting in the secondary and Amukamara just went down last night for the season who is probably their best corner. I actually think the Raiders are a better team at this point. A fearless rookie with upside is more dangerous than Eli to me right now. Eli is a turnover machine and now that we've got a few, I think we get a few more this week.

Given how this season has gone so far, I won't anticipate a blowout. However I do expect a win in this one.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":1ki4hm71 said:
2 plays made and we are 7-1. I don't think we are bad.

When we were mired in mediocrity for years and years we always said that. There was always a play here or there that we didn't make that would have changed our season and got us into the playoffs. Guess what? All mediocre teams can say that and we sure did for years.

The difference between those teams and good teams is that good teams manage to make those plays (last year ring a bell?).

What kind of team we are will be answered in the second half of the season. So far we are not very good.

bandiger

Reaction score
jblaze":2c94ctrj said:
They're hurting in the secondary and Amukamara just went down last night for the season who is probably their best corner. I actually think the Raiders are a better team at this point. A fearless rookie with upside is more dangerous than Eli to me right now. Eli is a turnover machine and now that we've got a few, I think we get a few more this week.

Given how this season has gone so far, I won't anticipate a blowout. However I do expect a win in this one.

I'm expecting Lynch to have another good game, Giant's rush defense is worse than Raiders, we'll see.