Raising them right

Reaction score
I am bringing my second daughter (now10) to her first game. Back in 2009 I brought my oldest daughter to watch our Mora/Ruskell led team get demolished 27-3 by the Tardinals as her first game.
When we returned home from that game my then 5 year old was pissed that she didn't get to go and wanted to know how old she had to be to go watch the Seahawks. I told her maybe when she turns ten. First thing she said to me on her birthday was 'what game are we going to dad'. Lets hope this time is a different outcome.

:179417:

A

Anonymous

Taking your child to a Hawks game is critical in their development, and I can vouch for the importance of doing so.

Good work, Sir.

OP
OP
FrickinChickens
Reaction score
Thanks Houston, she really doesn't understand much about football but she is excited to go. Just to see and hear her makes all the drama of personnel, coaching, injuries and even win-loss melt away. I cant what to see her expression the first time she walks out of the tunnel. Priceless

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
FrickinChickens":15udgws9 said:
I am bringing my second daughter (now10) to her first game. Back in 2009 I brought my oldest daughter to watch our Mora/Ruskell led team get demolished 27-3 by the Tardinals as her first game.
When we returned home from that game my then 5 year old was pissed that she didn't get to go and wanted to know how old she had to be to go watch the Seahawks. I told her maybe when she turns ten. First thing she said to me on her birthday was 'what game are we going to dad'. Lets hope this time is a different outcome.

:179417:

Father of the year right here. Hope we win one for her.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
FrickinChickens":2zm3vf5u said:
Thanks Houston, she really doesn't understand much about football but she is excited to go. Just to see and hear her makes all the drama of personnel, coaching, injuries and even win-loss melt away. I cant what to see her expression the first time she walks out of the tunnel. Priceless

If she doesn't understand the game; no big deal.

IMHO: The thrill of being among 60,000 people, all screaming, getting excited, etc., is what makes it fun! Kinda like going to your first concert.

byau

Reaction score
Love it. My kids just watched their first game (on tv). My daughter (4) ended up running off with the other two girls (both 5) to play dress up. My 2 yr old watched with us and I know he doesn't know what's what but I would give a running commentary anyway about what was going on because... Well, somehow I have faith the effort pays off.

And clearly your story is a great example. She remembered all these years and you are following through. Total father of the year material. Love to hear how it goes !!!

;)

mikeak

Reaction score
HEARING PROTECTION

I love that you are taking your kid but for their sake pack some hearing protection in the bag if they need it.

I haven't taken my kids yet but when we see the Aces play hockey up here in Anchorage then I have a set for each kid (over the ear kind of thing)