Seahawks 7 pt favorites vs Cards

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=526

The most compelling divisional matchup takes place Sunday afternoon, when the Arizona Cardinals visit the Seattle Seahawks. The Cardinals, despite their NFL-best 9-1 record, have rarely cracked the top 10 in the betting market-based rankings used for this feature (see below). They are seven-point underdogs to the Seahawks, a team Arizona leads by three games in the standings. A win by the Cardinals would give them a 94 percent chance of winning the NFC West title — an outcome that was almost unthinkable at the outset of this season. Back then, most would have assumed a dogfight between the Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...implications-show-the-cardinals-some-respect/

beuoy-rfb-week12implications-3.png

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seems at least 3 points too high. I think I am with Chukarhawk here until they prove they're all together again.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seems to be -6.5 in most places. While I'm predicting that we win by double digits, I probably wouldn't have the confidence to give away 6.5, let alone 7, if I had to put money on it. But I wouldn't take the Cards' side of it either.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Yeah, that's amazing. This morning I heard Salk say that he'd take that because they have Skelton and we have Wilson. This strikes me as really lazy analysis, given that Russell hasn't shown he can do much more than run the ball and our OL isn't good enough to finish drives in the Red Zone. If we can't make key 1st downs or TDs against KC, a quality opponent with a solid defense, what makes anyone think we can do it against AZ, who has a better defense? I think our running game can help keep things close, but AZ is probably going to force Russell and our passing offense to beat them, and I'm not sure they're good enough at this point. If we win, it will be by a close margin.

I love our team, and I'll be screaming my head off for them, but they haven't done much that gives me confidence they can beat good teams this year. Maybe this game will be the one (fingers crossed).

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1pggi8yw said:
Yeah, that's amazing. This morning I heard Salk say that he'd take that because they have Skelton and we have Wilson. This strikes me as really lazy analysis, given that Russell hasn't shown he can do much more than run the ball and our OL isn't good enough to finish drives in the Red Zone. If we can't make key 1st downs or TDs against KC, a quality opponent with a solid defense, what makes anyone think we can do it against AZ, who has a better defense? I think our running game can help keep things close, but AZ is probably going to force Russell and our passing offense to beat them, and I'm not sure they're good enough at this point. If we win, it will be by a close margin.

I love our team, and I'll be screaming my head off for them, but they haven't done much that gives me confidence they can beat good teams this year. Maybe this game will be the one (fingers crossed).

I mean, if he really said they had Skelton then that's definitely REALLY lazy analysis.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
The points tell me that Stanton sucks. He sucks in practices and gets lucky in games. If you dont think Vegas looks deeper than NFL Redzone youre crazy.

Hawks win this game by double digits.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1jyckh15 said:
MysterMatt":1jyckh15 said:

I mean, if he really said they had Skelton then that's definitely REALLY lazy analysis.

Salk is lazy in general, the other day he was complaining about yardwork.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1hw8z85b said:
MidwestHawker":1hw8z85b said:
MysterMatt":1hw8z85b said:

Salk is lazy in general, the other day he was complaining about yardwork.

...yeah I can identify with him on that, I'm just an apartment renter.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2j5y3i54 said:
Skelton, Stanton...whatever. Was on my mobile device, which leads to all sorts of dumb shit like that. Oh, and I'm dumb once in a while, too.

byau

Reaction score
MysterMatt":tpqa5xfh said:
MidwestHawker":tpqa5xfh said:
Skelton, Stanton...whatever. Was on my mobile device, which leads to all sorts of dumb shit like that. Oh, and I'm dumb once in a while, too.

It's the age of little keyboards, big hands, and spellcheck. Letting typos and poor english slide because we all know what was meant. :) Love it.

My problem, I use the phrase "got it" quite a lot and unfortunately my space bar thumb is very fast and more often than not it comes out as "go t*t" which...well, sometimes the receiver did not know what I meant.

So, how about them Hawks?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
byau":2jvsfiac said:
MysterMatt":2jvsfiac said:
MidwestHawker":2jvsfiac said:

It's the age of little keyboards, big hands, and spellcheck. Letting typos and poor english slide because we all know what was meant. :) Love it.

My problem, I use the phrase "got it" quite a lot and unfortunately my space bar thumb is very fast and more often than not it comes out as "go t*t" which...well, sometimes the receiver did not know what I meant.

So, how about them Hawks?

Haha. I like the way my autocorrect tries to moralize with me and turn a certain word into "ducking" every time.

kmedic

Reaction score
As I mentioned before in another thread, the Cards will test us deep multiple times. This is a huge game for our corners, particularly Maxwell. Remember the play that Manning gouged us with earlier this year where the slot and outside receiver run deep routes that pick each other off? I can totally see John Brown taking it outside from the slot position deep and getting several huge plays on us. Communication between the safety (or possibly even the outside LB) and the corner will be critical to keeping tabs on their receivers. We've got to play tight coverage without causing PI's. If the corners get beat, at least hold them and get a 5 yard penalty instead of a PI or a TD.

Our pass rush at the same time MUST put more pressure on Stanton to not give him time to step up and throw the long bomb. Arians loves to take risks down the field, and he will no doubt do it against our shaky secondary and underperforming pass rush.

marko358

Reaction score
kmedic":27n3s0no said:
As I mentioned before in another thread, the Tards will test us deep multiple times. This is a huge game for our corners, particularly Maxwell. Remember the play that Manning gouged us with earlier this year where the slot and outside receiver run deep routes that pick each other off? I can totally see John Brown taking it outside from the slot position deep and getting several huge plays on us. Communication between the safety (or possibly even the outside LB) and the corner will be critical to keeping tabs on their receivers. We've got to play tight coverage without causing PI's. If the corners get beat, at least hold them and get a 5 yard penalty instead of a PI or a TD.

What happened to the bump and run this year? Seems so rare to see us utilizing it.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":371zess3 said:
Seems at least 3 points too high. I think I am with Chukarhawk here until they prove they're all together again.
It's not too high at all, the self-hating Hawks fans are going to be disappointed this Sunday when we blow out the Cards.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I was surprised to see this large of a point spread for a divisional game too.
I guess Vegas (as well as most of us) aren't sold on the Cardinals.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RunTheBall":22nhaaju said:
MizzouHawkGal":22nhaaju said:
It's not too high at all, the self-hating Hawks fans are going to be disappointed this Sunday when we blow out the Cards.
I hope it happens but can't believe it will happen given the current available evidence.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":38hm8xpe said:
RunTheBall":38hm8xpe said:
MizzouHawkGal":38hm8xpe said:
I hope it happens but can't believe it will happen given the current available evidence.
Same. I think it can happen, but I just haven't seen anything after Week 1 to make me want to bet the farm on it. I just don't think AZ is as bad as Vegas does...but I hope they're right!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think Arizona is exactly as bad as Vegas think it is. They've done a great job winning the close games and overcoming injuries, but Stanton isn't some unknown rookie QB with huge potential. He's a 30 year old career backup who has only started 8 games since 2008, with a career 10 TD-11 INT ratio. His completion percentage this year is just above 50% and I have no idea why people are just assuming he is going to play well at CLink.