Lynch Retirement (speculation)

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I always look at these kind of articles and think, "not much insight if I could write the exact same thing from my rec room easy chair." It's a bunch of speculative garbage that's a waste of internet space.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Cable leaves, it will only be to be a HC. Some Oakland fans want him back badly. SO yeah, I could see him going with Cable back to Oakland.

But the speculation about retirement is not really news. He thought about retiring after the SB, speculating on it, even if sourced, is not really very newsie.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
From a human perspective I hope this is true. I want Marshawn to retire healthy, and as a Hawk.

My dream scenario would be Marshawn retiring and Seattle donating 10M to his foundation.

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone I hear from Oakland credits Cables success to Hue Jackson. With serious, very stern statements. The Raiders organization is so screwed up even the fans can't decide who to credit.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1gvlr9dh said:
Anyone I hear from Oakland credits Cables success to Hue Jackson. With serious, very stern statements. The Raiders organization is so screwed up even the fans can't decide who to credit.
The ones I talk to can't forget he beat the Broncos twice in one year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Getting so sick of Ian Crapoport and his weekly bad news trying to create a distraction for the Seahawks "reports." This guy must dislike the Seahawks more than Tony Dungy. So sick of hearing about his anonymous "sources" too. Who is it Ian? The brother of the head janitor at C Link?

pehawk

Reaction score
James in PA":jtvcqby2 said:
Getting so sick of Ian Crapoport and his weekly bad news trying to create a distraction for the Seahawks "reports." This guy must dislike the Seahawks more than Tony Dungy. So sick of hearing about his anonymous "sources" too. Who is it Ian? The brother of the head janitor at C Link?

Yes, it's a conspiracy.

AgentDib

Reaction score
They only post this stuff because they know everybody rushes to read it. It's just a symptom of being successful. These have been very generic "scoops" lately: "Team may pay player based on how player performs" and "player wants more money next season."

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
So the guy is upset with the FO, because "they talk too much" but now his agent is blabbing about how Lynch might retire. I'm guessing it's a negotiation tactic, but crap is hypocritical.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This article is true. I've been saying for weeks that Marshawn is more likely to retire after this year than all the speculation about being cut and playing for another team. People do not realize just how close he was to retiring after the Super Bowl. The reason he held out this offseason was not because he wants to be the highest paid running back or any other stuff like that...it was because he was thinking of walking away after this year and wanted to get as much as he could before he walks away.

The media has taken its toll on Lynch. He's sick of it. Added with the injuries, he's leaning towards being done.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yawn. Another gameday morning, another silly Seahawks story. Rapoport is a puppet who applies no logical thinking to anything he reports. He's the absolute worst during draft season. Case in point, this story contradicts his own story from a couple weeks ago that suggested that the Seahawks would control this decision and that Marshawn didn't talk to coaches. Now, it's Marshawn's decision and Cable is his BFF. Just stahp.