Would you rather have St. Louis or Buffalo win this week ?

12thManNorth

Reaction score
The chances of both winning are pretty slim, but if you could pick just one, which one would you take ?

Of course a STL win would help our chances of wining the NFC West, and a Buffalo win would help in our quest to get the #1 seed should we win out

Zukistubbs

Reaction score
Buffalo, Because we control our destiny on the NFC West, but if Green Bay wins out then nothing we do will get us top spot. If however they lose 1 game and we win out we have home field throughout the playoffs.

Go Bills!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bills aren't going to beat the Packers. Rams chances of beating the Cardinals however is quite good.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But if I could have one wish come true for those two games, I'd wish a Buffalo win, regardless of what is more likely to happen.

pehawk

Reaction score
Aros":3bc2097c said:
Bills aren't going to beat the Packers. Rams chances of beating the Cardinals however is quite good.

I disagree. I think the Bills certainly will the Packers (unless the refs screw them as they did last week). The Bills can get really, REALLY good pressure with 4 and have a nice secondary. The Pack haven't looked good vs good defenses this year.

JonRud

Reaction score
Bills. Then we REALLY control our own destiny.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah this isn't close, a hypothetical Bills win is way bigger. We can take care of catching the Cards ourselves if need be.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Winning the division/getting IN the playoffs is priority #1. Anything that helps in that regard is paramount. While getting a #1 seed would be great, a win-out by Seattle this season is far from guaranteed. In fact, the odds are probably against it. So yeah, I'm not even going to think about 1 vs. 2 seed until this division is actually sewn up.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Bills do have a shot. Be nice to say they have a true homefiled advantage, and no points for inclement weather as they're both used to playing in frigid temps, but it sure would be nice if they could pull it off. Go Bills!!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Aros":3hoiz51w said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember back in 2011 when the Packers looked unstoppable, they finished 15-1, that year and the only team they lost? The KC Chiefs, a team much like Buffalo, with a solid defense and a ok offense. I think this is the best chance for a GB loss. That game is right before the Seattle game, so I'll be rooting for the Bills.

I do agree that the Rams have a better shot at winning. I think they will win tonight.

ivotuk

Reaction score
BUFFALO FOOLS!!! Then we win out and get Home Field Advantage on our way to our 2nd SuperB Owl :th2thumbs:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3tzeh2nz said:
Aros":3tzeh2nz said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember back in 2011 when the Packers looked unstoppable, they finished 15-1, that year and the only team they lost? The KC Chiefs, a team much like Buffalo, with a solid defense and a ok offense. I think this is the best chance for a GB loss. That game is right before the Seattle game, so I'll be rooting for the Bills.

I do agree that the Rams have a better shot at winning. I think they will win tonight.

If the Pack win big against the Bills with more high-octane offensive completions, would that damage your confidence in our ability to stop them? I'm hoping to see the Bills win it, but even if they keep the score down in a loss, I'll be satisfied.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
There's definitely no question that St. Louis has the better chance of winning between the two. They're a 4.5-point favorite over Arizona while Buffalo is a 5-point dog. Massive difference in the likelihood of the two results. But yeah a Buffalo win definitely improves our Super Bowl chances more.

OP
OP
12thManNorth

12thManNorth

Reaction score
I'm completely torn myself. A Buffalo win would be great as I'd love the #1 seed and to see the national media get off Rodgers' nuts for at least 1 week, BUT it kind of amazes me how everybody has seemingly just penciled us in for a win at Zona next week. Let's not forget, all of their losses have been on the road, nevermind that we can be an up & down team on the road ourselves as we've seen over the years. I know we've come off our best back to back road games we've played in the Carroll era, but you never know what can happen. Arizona is gonna be fired up too, Fitz is back and you know full well they're not liking hearing everybody hand the NFCW crown to Seattle when they've been leading the div all along. Zona's front 7 swallowed us up at home, and now you can add their crowd to the mix for the extra burst. We're the better team, I have no doubt about that, but I think we're all being presumptuous about going in there and winning. This also takes into account that we're all banking on automatic victories vs SF and STL, where especially the STL game, things could get scary. I think we'd be wisest to cheer for a STL win

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":jywzuwqh said:

I disagree.. I really feel like the Bills are going to get it done. They are very tough at home and their defense may be the best in the AFC.

No really.

Actually I'll go one step further.. I think the Rams AND the Bills both win this week.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jlwaters1":191zmasz said:
Aros":191zmasz said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember back in 2011 when the Packers looked unstoppable, they finished 15-1, that year and the only team they lost? The KC Chiefs, a team much like Buffalo, with a solid defense and a ok offense..

Guess who the QB was that year too?

Dave-Grohl.jpg

... Oops sorry. Wrong guy.

1412204172000 Orton

byau

Reaction score
Tough question

You suck man :D

My answer is St. Louis. So I'm a worrier, so for me I'll take St. Louis. Seahawks winning the division guarantees a playoff spot and so to me it's the division rivals losing first and foremost.

And then once we have sewn up the division, I'll look to seeding and a bye. Lions @ Packers is their last game so there's something there too.

Analagous to the classic baseball defense mantra: "Catch the ball before you throw it!"