Wilson after the INT

Sealake80

Reaction score
My goodness. Dude is an epic football player. Who saw that hit?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He saved a TD. He was the only guy to slow down Reid's momentum enough for other guys to catch up.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
He may have saved the game. Giving up the TD at the end like that would have robbed us of serious momentum going into half time. Who knows how the game would have turned out.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3lyebkde said:
Love the hustle, but that was a terrible int in the first place.

With eight seconds left and no TOs, we probably should have kicked the FG. Even if he completes that pass inbounds, and the receiver is held shy of the end zone, we would not have had time to line up for another play.

razor150

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2br25aol said:
Love the hustle, but that was a terrible int in the first place.

I was just a bad pass all around. If Baldwin makes the catch it is doubtful he gets in the endzone and still no field goal.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
I agree. Terrible pass. But good god. He trucked the dude at the end. Ive never seen a QB make that play. Frankly I'm surprised more people are not freaking out about it. Can anyone post a replay?

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
No pout in our man RW after and INT. He goes Beast. Seriously for me - that hustle and hit right there was the play of the game. An INT by our QB is the play of the game for me folks. That there explains everything. Character and grit and a never give up attitude. Their guy had an army around him and Wilson took them all on. Fearlessly. We will win more SB with Wilson guaranteed if he stays healthy. Before he retires people will call him the greatest leader in NFL history. That's my play of the game and my prophesy. I saw beast in him. Think he probably - like every true hawk has learned a ton from Lynch. Go Hawks

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Face it...Russ plays with great courage. Very few other QBs in the NFL could of made that play. Even though he did not have is "best" game, he guided his team to a win.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I loved that he made the play with like 4 Niners around him to block him. That pass play should have never been called. It should have been kicked with 8 seconds left for the 3 points. With no way to stop the clock we were at risk to much. The end of that series was coaching fault.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Not kicking the field goal there was so GD stupid. Sometimes Carroll's game management makes me crazy.

OP
OP
S

Sealake80

Reaction score
The INT and the throw in that situation pissed me off... But then I learned something about Wilson. I can't wait to find a replay so I can watch it over and over again. When u mess up. That is how to respond.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
nanomoz":yr0vbbsn said:
Not kicking the field goal there was so GD stupid. Sometimes Carroll's game management makes me crazy.

Why? There were eight seconds on the clock. That's easily enough time for two plays. You either take a shot at the end zone, or you take a shot at the sidelines to get better field position for the field goal. If the ball hadn't been a bit high and back, it'd have been in perfect position for a touchdown.

Wilson made a bad throw, let it get away from him a bit. The call wasn't bad, though.

And he's certainly a lot more ice-veined after a pick, I've noticed. If he's going to throw a pick, I'd rather it be as early in the game as possible, so he has longer to go full Wilson on the defense the rest of the game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Guy behind me at the game was complaining about wilson most of the game.

Apparently wilson is supposed to be super accurate with a linebacker rampaging directly up the field at him on every single play.

This O-line would kill this team if we didn't have an escap artist at QB.

endzorn

Reaction score
I think that play will go down as one of the worst plays he's had as our QB, even though he saved the TD. Really poor decision. I thought he played a very good second half though.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":ovcgd4ow said:
nanomoz":ovcgd4ow said:

Why? There were eight seconds on the clock. That's easily enough time for two plays. You either take a shot at the end zone, or you take a shot at the sidelines to get better field position for the field goal. If the ball hadn't been a bit high and back, it'd have been in perfect position for a touchdown.

Wilson made a bad throw, let it get away from him a bit. The call wasn't bad, though.

And he's certainly a lot more ice-veined after a pick, I've noticed. If he's going to throw a pick, I'd rather it be as early in the game as possible, so he has longer to go full Wilson on the defense the rest of the game.

With eight seconds left and no timeouts the defense merely has to defend the end zone and keep everything in front of them. The odds of scoring a TD there are small compared to the odds of losing the chance to kick a field goal. Terrible decision by Carroll there. Take the three and go into the locker room.

zhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":alc8g5p5 said:
Face it...Russ plays with great courage. Very few other QBs in the NFL could of made that play. Even though he did not have is "best" game, he guided his team to a win.

Don't forget, he's a self proclaimed bully. :thirishdrinkers: :49ersmall: :thirishdrinkers:

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I can't believe we're so far apart on this. Some calling it his worst play ever and some calling it play of the game. Anyone watch Rodgers today?. The game's best? Men have bad plays and even bad games. I appreciate the guts and grit, but mostly the THIRTY-FOURTH win of his career. The best of all time to start a career. ( with two games left). Dumb throw. Who cares? We won.