Cardinal fans, REALLY? This is what you came up with after?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
To be fair, that's just one Cards fan who immediately gets shouted down by a bunch of other Cards fans.

I thought that forum was really sad, actually. No schadenfreude from reading their forums. Most of them are just crushed that they had a shot at winning a SB this year before Palmer went down, and they are realizing how futile everything feels with this team historically. I feel bad for 'em. Not bad enough to wish they won, but I know what they feel like.

Laloosh

Reaction score
His buddies aren't having it. Read the responses.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That post was crazy !! " Uh, CRAZY !!! hahahaha

He was quickly put in his place by realistic AZ fans that understood the ass beating their team took. I still don't hate
AZ or their fans. I hate the Rams and 9ers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's just puking up what many of the talking heads say about Russell, that he thrives on broken plays and has a hard time running a traditional passing game. All false.

Russell was out of this world amazing last night, inside the pocket, outside the pocket, running......the man makes professional football players look stupid. If this idiot can't admit that's he's just another homer fans that can't deal with defeat and has to make stuff up to sooth his butthurt.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1yx6h225 said:
He's just puking up what many of the talking heads say about Russell, that he thrives on broken plays and has a hard time running a traditional passing game. All false.

Russell was out of this world amazing last night, inside the pocket, outside the pocket, running......the man makes professional football players look stupid. If this idiot can't admit that's he's just another homer fans that can't deal with defeat and has to make stuff up to sooth his butthurt.

Actually, I think his take is a pretty objective analysis of Russell Wilson. Ask yourself if we'd have sniffed the Super Bowl trophy without Wilson's epic something-out-of-nothings.

His problem is that he, like most talking heads, seems to think that the "Wilson scrambling offense" is some kind of unauthorized, unsustainable, doomed-to-fail-any-day-now philosophy. By now, we've shown that's just not the case. Wilson is an archetype unto himself. Where Romo uses an offensive line to give himself time, Wilson uses his legs. What's the difference, really? Combined with an unprecedented knack for finding the first-down marker and knowing when to slide, he's proven he can win that way. He's not RG3 thrusting himself into a cloud of dust; he's neither built fragile nor prone to dumb decisions.

Combine that with Lynch and a historically great defense, and you've got yourself a contender for the next fifteen years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Considering how long AZ had a futile football team (like we did...), I wouldn't feel dirty at all rooting for them on a year we couldn't make it.

I feel for their fans and frankly, it sucks that they had a shot and lost their QB. Their coach is fantastic and that ability to play through all that adversity and still almost make it? How can you not admire them?

Put aside the Sherman/Peterson thing and just look at the hand they were dealt all year and how they made the most of it.

They really had a shot this year, but with that coach I think they have a shot for a while. Anyone that can get that far using a 70 year old QB, and then 2 guys that barely make the practice squad? Deserves all the respect in the world.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1hpglxxo said:
Actually, I think his take is a pretty objective analysis of Russell Wilson. Ask yourself if we'd have sniffed the Super Bowl trophy without Wilson's epic something-out-of-nothings.

I can't make this leap of faith. This fan just watched the Hawks destroy his team, so he's grasping at critical straws.

Are some of the media members objective in their analysis of Russell? Sure, I'll give you that. But not this knucklehead, he's just butthurt.

Why is Russell downgraded as a QB because he's an amazing scrambler and runs for 40 yards when every other QB in the league gets sacked? He can still make all the throws in the pocket, has amazing touch, etc etc.

And sustainable? This is the NFL, what's sustainable?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The point he tries to make - that improvising out of broken plays in not sustainable - is flat out misguided. The object of defense is to cause a play to break down; every well designed offensive play has a counter designed defense against it. Wilson has proven time-and-time again that he can make something out of nothing. Just like a master magician, Wilson is a master at the art of deception and is something you cannot game plan for and is what make Wilson so great! When you cannot explain it, people gravitate toward explaining it away as fluky or unsustainable.

Largent80

Reaction score
Meh, they had their best shot years ago and let that p.o.s. from Pittsburgh score a defensive touchdown at the end of the game. Sucks to be them.

I don't feel one bit sorry for any franchise in the NFL.
I paid my dues.