I'm a Seahawks snob now.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Someone asked me the other day when I was going to get the 2014 NFC West Champions hat and it dawned on me that I wasn't even planning on it. Why? Because why own a division champ hat when I can have the conference and SB champ hat?

Wow. How far this bald head has come over the years.

Presumptuous much? This is what a Super Bowl Championship does to me, especially now that we looked poised to repeat. In years past I would jump all over any division champ gear because that usually was the pinnacle of our achievements, and even those were fairly rare.

I've even had people make comments when I'm wearing my NFC Champions hat. "Conference champions? You know they won the Super Bowl?" LOL. Yeah, I know.

I truly never thought I would see the day I was snobby about which championship Seahawks gear I decide to purchase. It's nice to have choices!

Anyone else?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'm the same way and it started last year.

In fact, I bought nothing from last year until the Super Bowl stuff all went on sale about a month ago. Got a great hat for like $15.

I plan to execute the same strategy in November 2015, buying our second Super Bowl win swag on clearance.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the same reason, but I'd never say that aloud to anyone; I'm "innocently waiting", you might say, since the division champ stuff will be available regardless.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BocciHawk":6ihopqoz said:
I'm the same way and it started last year.

In fact, I bought nothing from last year until the Super Bowl stuff all went on sale about a month ago. Got a great hat for like $15.

I plan to execute the same strategy in November 2015, buying our second Super Bowl win swag on clearance.

....and when the Seahawks gear goes on Sale for the 3-pete in November 2016. he he he

Yes..I am waiting on the Conference Championship too..he he he

jacobsod

Reaction score
lol that's not snobbish, that's SMART!

Heh I did the same thing last year too, I was like...WHY would I want NFCW Champs hat when the SB hat will be so much nicer!

Was kinda an afterthought, didn't even realize I was doing the same thing this year until I just now saw your post. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit snobbish then. Oh well, IT'S MY RIGHT after so may years..! :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":3p2yyv2z said:
I'm waiting for the same reason, but I'd never say that aloud to anyone; I'm "innocently waiting", you might say, since the division champ stuff will be available regardless.

Yep. That's me. Waiting for final results; anything will be available right after, so I'm just waiting to see what level I'm getting. And yes, it's a stark turnaround from years past where I rushed out to get the Division Champs stuff because OMG we won the division!!!eleventy!!!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
After waiting 10 years to have more than 1 or 2 choices to buy Seahawks gear here in NJ, I cant imagine what the 38ers went through. P.S. You are only a snob if you use an accent or wear a smoking jacket when you purchase the gear.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
I get what you are saying, and I understand. However, I am stillgiddy about adding to the collection, that I am wearing the hat now. I also eagerly await further adding to the collection this year. It never gets old for me.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
200020558-001-mature-man-wearing-smoking-jacket-gettyimages.jpg

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":11grwg2p said:
After waiting 10 years to have more than 1 or 2 choices to buy Seahawks gear here in NJ, I cant imagine what the 38ers went through. P.S. You are only a snob if you use an accent or wear a smoking jacket when you purchase the gear.

What about Peaches Scarf? What if you are wearing Peaches' Scarf???

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I asked the same question to some others yesterday about whether they would be getting the divisional gear. Each response was: "No, I'll wait for the Super" well, you know how that ends.

I do think it would be interesting if at the end of this, should the Seahawks win out, if they had a hat with both logos on the gear back to back. I have high hopes. That would be some special gear to own.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":gh1qasnl said:
NJSeaHawk":gh1qasnl said:

What about Peaches Scarf? What if you are wearing Peaches' Scarf???

is Peaches wearing it in the summer? Is it tied with the intricacies of Navy knots? All of this must be accounted for, you know.
On a side note...would it be snobbish of me to wear the Seahawks smoking Jacket and walk into Lids to see what new Hawks hats they carry?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I also learned that all these things Don't Disappear months later, and can be had for so much much cheaper later.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm the same way, but for a different reason. I don't even look at the division or conference championships as an accomplishment worth owning clothes over. Only the Super Bowl champions gear for me. I don't own any conference champions gear, and that includes the 2005 season.

CHawk

Reaction score
Last year my daughter bought me a hat with the seahawks and super bowl logo for my birthday a week before the big game so after we won I had "champion" embroidered on the back (in lime green}. I'm hoping to take it back and have back to back put on, or maybe the dates never know what will happen in the future. :0190l:

Barthawk

Reaction score
I plan on waiting till March or April to buy SB gear. that stuff was marked down quite fast and I can still pimp the XLVIII gear until it becomes necessary to purchase the back to back SB Champs gear.