Russell Wilson is a Warrior

ivotuk

Reaction score
He said that pass was on him. I don't know anybody with that kind of integrity to shoulder the blame for a monumental loss like that. Amazing.

We are lucky to have him as our Quarterback.

Last night I was angry, I hated Bevell, I was mad at Pete, I was hurt and dumbfounded. But after listening to Brock and Salk and after they played the part of Russell taking responsibility...I've had a complete change of heart.

Brock is right, as much as we hurt, just imagine what those players are feeling. They laid it all on the line for their fans, and a bad play call lost it all. I feel bad for them and appreciate what they have done. Brandon Mebane got hurt, Jeremy Lane has a nasty broken arm, Cliff Avril got a concussion! Can you imagine how upset he was to be pulled from the game?

Sure they get paid to play football, but these guys have also bought in to the "Seattle Way." We've never had a "Seattle Way" before. There's only 2 teams I've even ever heard of that for, and both played in the Superbowl.

My point is, as much as this hurts, please try to show support for your team, and the coaches that worked their asses off year around.

Be mad at Bevell all you want, but don't take it out on everyone else. :thfight7:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":286420h6 said:
He said that pass was on him. I don't know anybody with that kind of integrity to shoulder the blame for a monumental loss like that. Amazing.

We are lucky to have him as our Quarterback.

Last night I was angry, I hated Bevell, I was mad at Pete, I was hurt and dumbfounded. But after listening to Brock and Salk and after they played the part of Russell taking responsibility...I've had a complete change of heart.

Brock is right, as much as we hurt, just imagine what those players are feeling. They laid it all on the line for their fans, and a bad play call lost it all. I feel bad for them and appreciate what they have done. Brandon Mebane got hurt, Jeremy Lane has a nasty broken arm, Cliff Avril got a concussion! Can you imagine how upset he was to be pulled from the game?

Sure they get paid to play football, but these guys have also bought in to the "Seattle Way." We've never had a "Seattle Way" before. There's only 2 teams I've even ever heard of that for, and both played in the Superbowl.

My point is, as much as this hurts, please try to show support for your team, and the coaches that worked their asses off year around.

Be mad at Bevell all you want, but don't take it out on everyone else. :thfight7:

Well said sir.

seanoob

Reaction score
It was sickening to see Pete and Russ fall on the sword for that play call.

timmat

Reaction score
I think that many NFL QB's, given the opportunity to complete a short pass to win the Super Bowl, would jump at that chance. Folks that are claiming Russell should have audibled out of that play call are discounting his unflappable confidence in himself. That play should have NEVER been called, but Russell was not going to back down from the opportunity once it was called in to him. Should have never been a pass call. IF you do decide to call pass - that particular pass play is way too high-risk on 2nd down to your punt coverage gunner.

But Russell's belief in his abilities and his teammates is why we were there in the first place. In this case, I sure wish our coaching staff would have leveraged their own experience, and put a third year QB in a better position with the proper play call.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seanoob":1fn70xzc said:
It's what an actual HC and quarterback do unlike Bevell blaming it on Lockette.... :pukeface:

LTH

Reaction score
He should not have blammed Lockette but Holmgren said both Lockett and Kearse didnt run the play right so actually Bevell was right...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
LTH":19hqcwgh said:
He should not have blammed Lockette but Holmgren said both Lockett and Kearse didnt run the play right so actually Bevell was right...

Doesn't mean you throw them under the bus like that though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
629fb30075ed7d8e7ccc72270630e37d.jpg

2_0_6

Reaction score
Russell Wilson ‏@DangeRussWilson · 7h7 hours ago
Every setback has a major comeback.

#GreaterIsComing

Details

lobohawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1xk63pef said:
LTH":1xk63pef said:

Doesn't mean you throw them under the bus like that though.

Thought that was weak of Bevell also, from people's comments. Brock and Salk said when they finally saw the whole context of what Bevell said about Lockette, it didn't come across as throwing him under the bus.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Lockette could've fought a bit harder for that ball? looks like he felt the contact and flailed...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sonicsdave":348n5knl said:
Am I the only one that thinks Lockette could've fought a bit harder for that ball? looks like he felt the contact and flailed...

I don't think he expected the safety to be there. He closed that gap quick.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
seanoob":dj8t3l0t said:

maybe that's why it was explained so poorly by Pete..either way Pete is still the HC and has last word. Seemed to be some confusion out there prior to the play going off. Have seen the play again and it is gut wrenching to see...just awful.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I think it's admirable to back your QB like this, it's funny all the heat the Seahawks fans gave Kaepernick when he was in the exact situation. Plenty of time to win the game an challenged Sherman. Got picked, if I recalled an go back everyone says he's a choke artist. Which I understand because of the rivalry. Putting it all into context lets lay some major blame on the QB. He was starring down the bunch formation from the moment the play was called. He made a blunder that will forever be a part of his legacy just as Kap's int will be. Bevel an Carroll can't olay the game for them. Russ didn't make the throw, end of story. He owned up to it, everyone else should follow suit.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
It sucks that Wilsons only 2 postseason losses the Defense pretty much blew both times. In Atl he wins the game and the D chokes...in this game the offense did enough to have a 10 point lead and the D chokes...even regardless of that he drove the ball down and they decide to pass on a slant instead of a PA or Rollout which would of given him some more options..just..terrible

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2t1vmg4z said:
I think it's admirable to back your QB like this, it's funny all the heat the Seahawks fans gave Kaepernick when he was in the exact situation. Plenty of time to win the game an challenged Sherman. Got picked, if I recalled an go back everyone says he's a choke artist. Which I understand because of the rivalry. Putting it all into context lets lay some major blame on the QB. He was starring down the bunch formation from the moment the play was called. He made a blunder that will forever be a part of his legacy just as Kap's int will be. Bevel an Carroll can't olay the game for them. Russ didn't make the throw, end of story. He owned up to it, everyone else should follow suit.

grasping for straws... hug diff between a 25 yard fade against the best cover corner in the game.. and a awful play call and a pass that really wasnt that bad....

lobohawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":trwsugil said:
Sonicsdave":trwsugil said:

I don't think he expected the safety to be there. He closed that gap quick.

Brock described the issue. It wasn't that he didn't fight to get the ball. It was that he didn't fire out hard enough and was slower getting to the spot. The DB was going there no matter what, as they'd seen the play plenty in film.

Watch the clip and you can tell Lockette wasn't running a top speed.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":jjlyxl66 said:
Bob loblaw":jjlyxl66 said:

grasping for straws... hug diff between a 25 yard fade against the best cover corner in the game.. and a awful play call and a pass that really wasnt that bad....

Let's treat all posters with respect as long as they aren't out of line. We appreciate our opposing fan posters, especially the classy ones.

The other kind, well they kept the moderators busy swinging the ban hammer last night.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I was flat out going to name my baby russell wilson (my last name) if we won. not that i have discontent or anything now and i'm not, just that was kind of part of the deal i made with fate. But Russ is seriously like the 5th greatest "gamer" i have ever seen in my lifetime.

5. russell wilson
4. scottie pippen
3. kobe bryant
2. tiger woods
1. michael jordan

That list is absolutely legendary people 1-4, and #5 has serious room for improvement. His ability to lift a team, make plays, and compete is UNPRECEDENTED in the NFL.