Russell Wilson is a Warrior

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I understand the team concept, but in the most important moment of the game, you give the ball to your best player. You do what you do best and dare them to stop it. Period.
To me, the only safe play would have been a QB Sneak. If we fail, we would force the refs to measure or review. We cannot lose yardage on a QB Sneak. If Brady can run the QB Sneak, Russell who is stronger can definitely do it. All we needed was cross the plain of the goal line.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":2ti3uxfg said:
OkieHawk":2ti3uxfg said:
LTH":2ti3uxfg said:
He should not have blammed Lockette but Holmgren said both Lockett and Kearse didnt run the play right so actually Bevell was right...

Doesn't mean you throw them under the bus like that though.

Thought that was weak of Bevell also, from people's comments. Brock and Salk said when they finally saw the whole context of what Bevell said about Lockette, it didn't come across as throwing him under the bus.
Of course.....nobody should be blaming Bevel for making that stupid call....What?
ANYONE will play hell to EVER convince me that Marshawn Lynch wouldn't have punched that ball in from the 1 for the win.
Hell, even Billicheck and Brady were astonished at the GIFT that Bevell handed to them...Just rewatch their facial expressions when that play call blew up on Bevell.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":3sf02wob said:
HawkFan72":3sf02wob said:
Sonicsdave":3sf02wob said:
Am I the only one that thinks Lockette could've fought a bit harder for that ball? looks like he felt the contact and flailed...

I don't think he expected the safety to be there. He closed that gap quick.

Brock described the issue. It wasn't that he didn't fight to get the ball. It was that he didn't fire out hard enough and was slower getting to the spot. The DB was going there no matter what, as they'd seen the play plenty in film.

Watch the clip and you can tell Lockette wasn't running a top speed.
OH! I see what your saying now, Lockette didn't know the play as well as the undrafted Rookie, that was playing for the other team did, when it's explained like that, it's way more understandable. :mrgreen:
Why didn't you just say the Lockette is extremely fast from the neck DOWN, just not very swift from the neck UP.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Hate to admit it, but if I was in the same situation, I would have probably had a moment of weakness and threw my OC under the bus.

Latest posts