Pete Mentioned Other Coaches being Requested

kidhawk

Reaction score
He was just on KIRO 710 and said that he has meetings today and that they need to get coaching in order due to Dan leaving and then added that other coaches are being requested for interviews. They didn't ask him for any details and he didn't offer any.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3uz1d1wi said:
Not surprisingly, Quinn will try to take as many coaches with him as he can.

No doubt...I would like to know who he's looking to take though....guess we'll just have to wait and see

hawknation2015

Reaction score
marko358":2otlwm03 said:
hawknation2015":2otlwm03 said:

Please take Bevill with you!

That would be one way to turn a negative into a positive . . . for everyone. Matt Ryan would be a much better fit for Bevell's pass first philosophy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
marko358":3ry3vq3o said:
hawknation2015":3ry3vq3o said:

Unless Bevell wants to be demoted, him going to Atlanta makes no sense. They already hired Kyle Shanahan for the OC position.

Bevell should be fired, but he will survive simply because it's February 3rd and all the good candidates for OC are gone.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
PFT was saying that our Assistant O-line coach was going to Atlanta to be Quinn's O-line coach there. We have Cable, so Pete probably won't put up much of a fight to keep him.

I don't have a link because it was in a random article a few days ago and I'm not going to sift through them at this point. But there's one coach that has been poached by Quinn already.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawkFan72":28d833dv said:
PFT was saying that our Assistant O-line coach was going to Atlanta to be Quinn's O-line coach there. We have Cable, so Pete probably won't put up much of a fight to keep him.

I don't have a link because it was in a random article a few days ago and I'm not going to sift through them at this point. But there's one coach that has been poached by Quinn already.

Pat Ruel? He's not that good anyway.

vonstout

Reaction score
Kris Richard/Ken Norton Jr./ Rocky Seto could all be possibilities for Quinn to steal from us.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
vonstout":2c710qko said:
Kris Richard/Ken Norton Jr./ Rocky Seto could all be possibilities for Quinn to steal from us.

Rumor has it that Richard is being tapped to replace Quinn here....Seto is someone Pete said knows absolutely every detail of the system and has been with him in it from day 1. That is one I could see Quinn trying to get, but I hope he doesn't.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3pc0p32n said:
HawkFan72":3pc0p32n said:

Pat Ruel? He's not that good anyway.

I'm just curious, what is the basis for this conclusion? I understand you've maybe seen him at TC, but maybe that's not his strength. Maybe he is dynamite teaching on film. Maybe he's not. I've just never heard anyone complain about an assistant OL coach...anywhere...ever.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
vonstout":214xmmck said:

Maybe, but the DC position is already going to be filled in Atlanta by either Richard Smith or Raheem Morris.

The rumors I've heard about Norton is that he's not angling for a bigger role right now, so he's likely sticking around. I don't see any of these guys leaving for a parallel gig in Atlanta, so they'd need to be promoted. I don't see any upward move for Seto in Atlanta if the DC spot is filled. Maybe if Quinn decided to limit his new DCs role and gave Richard the "defensive passing game coordinator" title that we use with Seto, he could be pried away. I dunno.

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ol69geg said:
marko358":1ol69geg said:
hawknation2015":1ol69geg said:

That would be one way to turn a negative into a positive . . . for everyone. Matt Ryan would be a much better fit for Bevell's pass first philosophy.

Pass first philosophy? We pretty much lead the league in rushing attempts under Bevell . . .

McGruff

Reaction score
vonstout":3jk4tg0l said:

Norton will stay. He's a Pete guy through and through and isn't really interested in a coordinator gig.

Either Richard or Seto will be our DC, and Quinn will probably tab to other as his DC.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":226r0cvu said:
vonstout":226r0cvu said:

Norton will stay. He's a Pete guy through and through and isn't really interested in a coordinator gig.

Either Richard or Seto will be our DC, and Quinn will probably tab to other as his DC.

As Volsung said, reports have had the Falcons DC position filled from before the Super Bowl. He is likely taking coaches, but not coordinators

McGruff

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qg9zhw5 said:
McGruff":2qg9zhw5 said:
vonstout":2qg9zhw5 said:

As Volsung said, reports have had the Falcons DC position filled from before the Super Bowl. He is likely taking coaches, but not coordinators

Didn't know that about the DC. I knew Shanny was the OC, but hadn't heard about the DC.

Wondering if Marquand Manuel gets tabbed there to coach the secondary. Of course, depending on what happens with Richard, Manuel might have that position available here.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Found it. It's not Ruel.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/562376083710816256[/tweet]

I've never even heard of this guy, honestly.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Here is some relevant info from PFT about the Falcons coaching staff:

"Kyle Shanahan will serve as offensive coordinator, Richard Smith as defensive coordinator, and Raheem Morris as assistant head coach/defensive passing game coordinator.

They also named Bobby Turner running backs coach, and Mike LaFleur as offensive assistant, while retaining special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong, defensive line coach Bryan Cox, tight ends coach Wade Harman, wide receivers coach Terry Robiskie and assistant special teams coach Eric Sutulovich from the previous staff."

Based on that, it's possible that the "other coaches" thing doesn't refer to Richard or Seto.

Anyone have a handy list of which teams are still seeking coordinators?

Latest posts