Warren Moon on Rich Eisen

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://now.nfl.com/play/9652ad89-8f49-47b8-8d22-2dcbc738620e?icampaign=nflnow-cs-homepage-res_moon_lynch[/urltargetblank]

Rocket

Reaction score
Very valid points raised by Moon.
Good link, good find, good interview.

The dude's like my Uncle Baby. He was a gentle and kind man, a great carpenter... but fishin' with dynamite left him a bit goofy sometimes. LOUD noises and such. True story.
I hear there was a lot of dynamite in Oakland back around 15 years ago, or concepts similar. Noise-wise and otherwise.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Marshawn is a great running back, and I love the tough on-field attitude he brings to the team. But if he really believes Pete--the guy who has defended him all year to the press and who has allowed him to be himself--would call a play with the sole intent of denying him a chance at MVP, he's off his rocker.

samwize77

Reaction score
sc85sis":1w5ycp5h said:
Marshawn is a great running back, and I love the tough on-field attitude he brings to the team. But if he really believes Pete--the guy who has defended him all year to the press and who has allowed him to be himself--would call a play with the sole intent of denying him a chance at MVP, he's off his rocker.
This

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Get a life? Um, he's right. Most of us love Lynch, but if he truly DOES believe there was some kind of conspiracy, he's flat out wrong.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing the "Hawks didn't want Lynch to get the MVP" narrative. It's just so ridiculous and fictitious I don't get why it's talked about.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If Lynch really believes the coaches conspired to get Russell Wilson the MVP and blew the Super Bowl in the process... it's time for the Seahawks to move on and withdraw their contract offer.

Rocket

Reaction score
I don't believe that he believes the TEAM didn't want him to win the MVP... but it's possible and possibly reasonable that he could feel this way about the NFL brass.
It would have shoved a corncob sized burr straight up Rog's heinie... up to his tonsils maybe.

The confusion as to the identity of "they" is quite common when "they" are termed they.
Conspiracy 101 clearly says that "they" lurk in the shadows.

ivotuk

Reaction score
More Moon from 710 ESPN:

Need to know: Warren Moon holds nothing back and proves you can love a guy and admit he has faults. QB's are treated differently, period. The Mariners set a tone this off-season, and so far they've followed through. Curt Schilling's blog post about vile twitter behavior actually got some results. Plus Say What.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Hall of Famer and Seahawks commentator Warren Moon joins "Danny, Dave and Moore" to talk about Marshawn Lynch's comments about the last play of the Super Bowl and if they could cause an issue.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

jblaze

Reaction score
Very valid points. We all love Marshawn on the field, but off he's a lot of trouble for PC/JS. He seems to think everyone is out to get him.

PC/JS have gone out of their way to accommodate Lynch and his personality. Any thought that they had any ideas other than winning the super bowl in that moment are ridiculous regardless of what the league thinks.

I'd be pissed too that I didn't get the ball but put the tin foil hat away man...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1asdkpuo said:
I'm so sick of hearing the "Hawks didn't want Lynch to get the MVP" narrative. It's just so ridiculous and fictitious I don't get why it's talked about.

Because clearly some players on the team, including Marshawn himself apparently, believe it? Of course its is ridiculous and false, but if the freaking players believe it is true that is a major problem.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":fganhed5 said:
Hawkfan77":fganhed5 said:

Because clearly some players on the team, including Marshawn himself apparently, believe it? Of course its is ridiculous and false, but if the freaking players believe it is true that is a major problem.
Do players believe it though? I know it was talked about, but do players actually believe that's the case? Lynch makes a comment that we possibly over analyze (basically because Obomanu said something to the effect that some players thought it was possible). Do they still actually (or did they ever) believe that PC didn't want Lynch to get that TD?

If players want to be divisive (and I'm not saying any of them are) then they need to go. I don't care who they are.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The only reason this is even a topic is because of everyone being upset over the way we lost the Superbowl. It was BRUTAL! And people are looking for an answer to the question, "Why would you call that play?"

Even Marshawn said he had faith in his teamates to pull off that play because they had done a hundred times before. But it was an emotionally devastating end to a great season, and like with death, people keep asking why, or what if.

I don't blame people for talking about it, it's part of the grieving process. But to read anything serious in to it is over the top imaho.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":3t1gdyo0 said:
LOL, yeah, love him as a player, BUT..... not exactly an Einstein moment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rocket":j7zgmnkw said:
I don't believe that he believes the TEAM didn't want him to win the MVP... but it's possible and possibly reasonable that he could feel this way about the NFL brass.
It would have shoved a corncob sized burr straight up Rog's heinie... up to his tonsils maybe..

But to make the conspiracy leap of faith, Lynch and others would have to believe that in the moment of calling the last play the league somehow got to Pete and told him to pass it?

I can't speak to what it is to be Marshawn Lynch, but sometimes I think he (and other players) play up the "whole world's against me" cause far too often.

If thinking this way helps guys like Lynch play with more fire and anger? Then I'm all for it, but it sure as hell is tiresome to hear and read year after year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Warren Moon kicked ass in that interview. Eisen tried to goad him a little but Warren was having none of it.

Like Moon said, if the coaches didn't want Marshawn to win MVP, why did they hand off to him on the previous play? Better blocking from Okung and Lynch would have been in for the TD and the MVP.

It's simple, they had 3 downs, 20 seconds, and 1 time out. How do you take every opportunity to get the TD and win? You call the play that takes advantage of down, distance, and defense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Listening to this podcast now from 710, kind of long winded it but pretty good listen:

March 3, 2015 - Hour: 2

Warren Moon weighs in on his thoughts about Marshawn Lynch. Russell Wilson is the favorite but what does Lynch and Baldwin think about that?

Plus, Blue 42 how would the Seahawks WR look with Andre Johnson, Maclin, Cobb or other 1st round prospects.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

MysterMatt

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ukouizf said:
The only reason this is even a topic is because of everyone being upset over the way we lost the Superbowl. It was BRUTAL! And people are looking for an answer to the question, "Why would you call that play?"

Even Marshawn said he had faith in his teamates to pull off that play because they had done a hundred times before. But it was an emotionally devastating end to a great season, and like with death, people keep asking why, or what if.

I don't blame people for talking about it, it's part of the grieving process. But to read anything serious in to it is over the top imaho.
Indeed. I suppose that players all live in their own echo chambers to one extent or another, but everything Marshawn says gets tossed right into another, larger, echo chamber that produces a truly epic level of nonsense. This obsession with trying to get into his head is just silly. Local sports radio is now completely not worth listening to unless they discuss the Mariners. Even questions on the draft quickly devolve to whether or not the team should move on from #24 based on their latest overreaction to something they think he said.

Hyak

Reaction score
There obviously are some that believe in this "theory" as crazy as it is. Logic tells people otherwise but I do agree that Carroll has to address it as they move forward when OTA's start. I am sure it's more media driven than anything at this point but locker rooms are full of gossip and cattiness just like any other work place.

Latest posts