Warren Moon on Rich Eisen

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Marshawn can complain all he wants about not getting the ball at the 1 yd line. We assume he is all about the team and would have scored. Fact is it's over with and those comments hint at some level of mistrust of his team or leadership. JS and PC are showing GREAT confidence in you now by offering this deal--metaphorically they are handing you the ball at the 1 yd line YET you give them the cold shoulder?

Moon is right on with his response. Marshawn must accept the fact your franchise QB is always the favorite son on any team. If Hasselbeck was still our starting qb this thing would not be different. Nobody has been overlooked and doubted more than Russell Wilson and his teammates are belly aching about him? On a team of misfits nobody carries a bigger chip on their shoulder than Wilson. With immature butt-hurt characters like Baldwin and Lynch this team's challenge might be how they deal with success/credit.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3rz8ez85 said:
Marshawn can complain all he wants about not getting the ball at the 1 yd line. We assume he is all about the team and would have scored. Fact is it's over with and those comments hint at some level of mistrust of his team or leadership. JS and PC are showing GREAT confidence in you now by offering this deal--metaphorically they are handing you the ball at the 1 yd line YET you give them the cold shoulder?

Moon is right on with his response. Marshawn must accept the fact your franchise QB is always the favorite son on any team. If Hasselbeck was still our starting qb this thing would not be different. Nobody has been overlooked and doubted more than Russell Wilson and his teammates are belly aching about him? On a team of misfits nobody carries a bigger chip on their shoulder than Wilson. With immature butt-hurt characters like Baldwin and Lynch this team's challenge might be how they deal with success/credit.

A swing and a miss

MysterMatt

Reaction score
kidhawk":2gguq8da said:
Russ Willstrong":2gguq8da said:

A swing and a miss
Yeah...what? This is exactly what I mean about the echo chamber. The conclusions it leads some people to jump to are sometimes nuts.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Echo chamber?
This is about the locker room dynamics that threaten your top players. Every team has locker room dynamics that affect production. It's the reason why Percy was traded.
Not a big deal at this time but closing your eyes to it doesn't make it better.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Fact is many of us fans are sick of this conspiracy talk by guys like Baldwin, Thomas and now Lynch himself.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
People who think this team has no locker room friction or is perfectly fine are nuts.

naholmes

Reaction score
sc85sis":13kkvlk2 said:
Marshawn is a great running back, and I love the tough on-field attitude he brings to the team. But if he really believes Pete--the guy who has defended him all year to the press and who has allowed him to be himself--would call a play with the sole intent of denying him a chance at MVP, he's off his rocker.
Lynch off his rocker? The dude is batshit crazy and I love him for it. I wouldn't read too much into his rambling quote. What is funny is that the MVP had already been decided and Chris Matthews would have been MVP even if Lynch scored.

theENGLISHseahawk":13kkvlk2 said:
If Lynch really believes the coaches conspired to get Russell Wilson the MVP and blew the Super Bowl in the process... it's time for the Seahawks to move on and withdraw their contract offer.
Come on! You're ready to jettison Lynch after that innocuous comment? You do realize it's the front office that took the contract public, trying to use public pressure to get Lynch under contract. And that's a year after they talked up Christine Michael and said Lynch had no leverage in negotiations. Now that the tables are turned and he has tons of leverage I can't blame him for playing hardball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I suspect every locker room in football has some drama. Only thing that matters is how they produce on the field, and this team clearly is the best in football.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3gx5tn3d said:
Echo chamber?
This is about the locker room dynamics that threaten your top players. Every team has locker room dynamics that affect production. It's the reason why Percy was traded.
Not a big deal at this time but closing your eyes to it doesn't make it better.
Fans and media, but especially media, speculating that they really have any idea what goes on in the locker room...and then presuming to draw even more conclusions from their own noise...is exactly what I'm talking about. Anybody getting riled up about this needs to turn off their radios and internets and take a vacation in reality for a while. I'm not saying you, specifically, but this is all much ado about nothing.

*EDIT*
Okay, having read the rest of your comments, yes, I think you're being silly.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1pqpqogz said:
Fact is many of us fans are sick of this conspiracy talk by guys like Baldwin, Thomas and now Lynch himself.

I know I am.

Time for the WHOLE team to rally behind Wilson, the quarterback, and STHU.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":11awco22 said:
So this is all about Lynch jawing with some Turkish reporter?

Welcome to the portion of the off season before free agency

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":23g7l3ea said:
SalishHawkFan":23g7l3ea said:
So this is all about Lynch jawing with some Turkish reporter?

Welcome to the portion of the off season before free agency
I'm just waiting for someone to take offense with my use of the word jawing. Nothing better to do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
naholmes":22t3pcs2 said:
sc85sis":22t3pcs2 said:
Marshawn is a great running back, and I love the tough on-field attitude he brings to the team. But if he really believes Pete--the guy who has defended him all year to the press and who has allowed him to be himself--would call a play with the sole intent of denying him a chance at MVP, he's off his rocker.
Lynch off his rocker? The dude is batshit crazy and I love him for it. I wouldn't read too much into his rambling quote. What is funny is that the MVP had already been decided and Chris Matthews would have been MVP even if Lynch scored.

theENGLISHseahawk":22t3pcs2 said:
If Lynch really believes the coaches conspired to get Russell Wilson the MVP and blew the Super Bowl in the process... it's time for the Seahawks to move on and withdraw their contract offer.
Come on! You're ready to jettison Lynch after that innocuous comment? You do realize it's the front office that took the contract public, trying to use public pressure to get Lynch under contract. And that's a year after they talked up Christine Michael and said Lynch had no leverage in negotiations. Now that the tables are turned and he has tons of leverage I can't blame him for playing hardball.
I don't believe Marshawn has any more leverage now than last offseason. Either he signs or he doesn't. Either he plays or he retires. John and Pete aren't going to let him hold them hostage (so to speak). He's still got a year left on his current contract and he's pushing 30. Obviously they want him back, but as important as he is he's still just one player.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":clkc6w4n said:

Baldwin is becoming a locker room cancer. When the team finally realize that they have to let him go, it will probably be too late! Just have a really bad feeling that the media and Baldwin (fueled by jealousy) are setting Wilson up to fail.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ALL of this could've been put to rest immediately if Darrell Bevell had simply said "I screwed up" right after the game. But sadly he's not man enough to do something like that and would rather deflect the blame elsewhere (Lockette). Pete could also kill it by having him "resign" but he's unwilling. It could well cause major problems this next season and I for one am worried about the fallout from this.

As kearly said: "Darrell Bevell, the gift that keeps on giving".

seahawks08

Reaction score
I am sorry, why are people surprised about locker room feelings and relationships. Humans have emotions, jealousy and all other traits that does create confusion and drama. We go through it at work, home and every where else. The while world was thinking the ball will go to Marshawn. The players felt that too, the commentators all football gurus know that. There will be rumblings and hard feelings and it will take time to get over it. I would rather have a locker room problem and have Pete fix it rather than have a fractured locker room that doesn't sat anything. Yes we as fans feel upset, the players feel upset and the coaches should to. Its perfectly fine for Marshawn to think that way. I can live with that, when you are passionate about a game, these thoughts do come to mind. It takes a while to heal and normally when your coach keeps coaching you, you get over it as a player.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
seahawks08":1hov5xxr said:
I am sorry, why are people surprised about locker room feelings and relationships. Humans have emotions, jealousy and all other traits that does create confusion and drama. We go through it at work, home and every where else. The while world was thinking the ball will go to Marshawn. The players felt that too, the commentators all football gurus know that. There will be rumblings and hard feelings and it will take time to get over it. I would rather have a locker room problem and have Pete fix it rather than have a fractured locker room that doesn't sat anything. Yes we as fans feel upset, the players feel upset and the coaches should to. Its perfectly fine for Marshawn to think that way. I can live with that, when you are passionate about a game, these thoughts do come to mind. It takes a while to heal and normally when your coach keeps coaching you, you get over it as a player.

That's the idea. However sometimes communication breaks down between player and coaches because of mistrust and perceived slights like in this conspiracy theory. Pete tried to nip it in the bud by addressing it the day after yet some fans and players continue to perpetuate this crazy talk. It is up to Pete to handle these issues because it may affect contract talks and production.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
hawk35fan":39ftm59o said:
Russ Willstrong":39ftm59o said:

Baldwin is becoming a locker room cancer. When the team finally realize that they have to let him go, it will probably be too late! Just have a really bad feeling that the media and Baldwin (fueled by jealousy) are setting Wilson up to fail.
Yes. Unfortunately some folks are blind to these things. To them it's about echos that they hear in the empty chamber between their ears.
Locker room friction happens on every team but I can't think of another current franchise where high profile players continue such crazy and divisive talk about their leaders. It's troubling that to think that this continues after they traded Percy. It speaks to the lack of locker room leadership and to the fact that Percy was probably not the only problem.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":wxkao5k5 said:
hawk35fan":wxkao5k5 said:
Russ Willstrong":wxkao5k5 said:

Yes. Unfortunately some folks are blind to these things. To them it's about echos that they hear in the empty chamber between their ears.
Locker room friction happens on every team but I can't think of another current franchise where high profile players continue such crazy and divisive talk about their leaders. It's troubling that to think that this continues after they traded Percy. It speaks to the lack of locker room leadership and to the fact that Percy was probably not the only problem.

Huh??? I think it is a bit crazy to speculate what goes on in the locker room. Since the Bowl there has not really been a locker room to speak of. This will be more of a concern once camp starts. Also just because we don't like players saying or doing certain things does not always translate to bad locker room. I think there is plenty of leadership in the locker room. Yes there was a void that needed to be filled at the beginning of last season but other than Percy what makes anyone think the leadership role has not been filled? I think the best example would be the late season pep talk Kam had with each player. After that look what happened. IMHO once they get back to camp and the frustration of the bowl has waned a bit the coaches and team leaders will work on resolving any issues. I have faith that since Pete is a "players" coach he will not let this slide. Besides how mature is a player to let this keep them from performing at a top level on the field???