Rookie Confessional: Tyler Lockett (NFL.com Video)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pass/0ap3000000498938/Rookie-Confessional-Tyler-Lockett?icampaign=nflcom-cs-homepage-videoswap_generic_nfl[/urltargetblank]

Hadn't seen it posted. just a short video clip

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Just have this feeling that teams are going to be kicking themselves for not taking this guy in the First Round. Potentially dynamic receiver and explosive returner.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2j79ai5y said:
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fan-pass/0ap3000000498938/Rookie-Confessional-Tyler-Lockett?icampaign=nflcom-cs-homepage-videoswap_generic_nfl[/urltargetblank]

Hadn't seen it posted. just a short video clip
Thanks for posting this. I think the kid is going to be the steal of the draft.
Maybe I'm being a Homer J Simpson by saying that but my gut is telling me he is going to be a superstar right off the bat.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I look forward to going against Peterson......(NFL shows clip of Adrian Peterson).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
From what I've read and seen, this kid's got "it" like Russell had "it" when he entered the league.

He's steeply invested in becoming an NFL star. He's got the heritage and the family to support him and set expectations.

I believe that this kid is going to get our juices flowing again on punt returns and perhaps even on kick returns... not to say anything about his WR skills.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3eyh6y65 said:
I look forward to going against Peterson......(NFL shows clip of Adrian Peterson).

Lol that was hilarious. Poor editing there for sure

Looking forward to Lockett, and really enjoyed his quiet "just wait and see" confidence

Hawks46

Reaction score
While he's not a quick as Baldwin, he's significantly faster. My two favorite things about him are that he's considered one of the best route runners in the draft, and also was the 2nd best at long receptions.

Like Mizzou gal said, they had a terrible QB and average skill position players. Lockett was their offense, and everyone knew he was getting the ball, yet still couldn't stop him.

Dang3Russ

Reaction score
I can't wait for this kid to play. I'll be so bold as to say he will return a kickoff for a touchdown in the season opener!!!

I think this was the steal of the draft and hence why the Hawks paid four draft picks to move up to select him when he was still on the board.

His work ethic is phenomenal, just wants to be the best like Earl and Russ. He'll give Russ a deep threat option.

Just ecstatic to watch him suit up and play!!!

Training camp can not come soon enough!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Dang3Russ":md3hw8vl said:
I can't wait for this kid to play. I'll be so bold as to say he will return a kickoff for a touchdown in the season opener!!!

I think this was the steal of the draft and hence why the Hawks paid four draft picks to move up to select him when he was still on the board.

His work ethic is phenomenal, just wants to be the best like Earl and Russ. He'll give Russ a deep threat option.

I think he's going to be a dynamic returner as well, but my issue is with blocking on returns. It was pretty bad last season. We need to step it up in that department to give him a chance to get going.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
[Lockett] is very quick, however, and is already a polished route-runner, traits that helped him stand out already against Seattle's vaunted Legion of Boom as a complementary threat on drag routes across the middle or occasional deep balls. Opponents playing close to the line of scrimmage to slow down Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks' top-ranked running game may instead find Lockett (or Graham) running free behind them.

"It's been really fun to learn about Tyler," Carroll said. "He's got a lot of responsibilities. He's going after this return job, he's inside playing in the slot in the receiver position, and he's been outside.

"We've just thrown everything at him because he seems to be able to handle it. He studies really hard. You don't really know until you get these guys how dedicated they will be, but he's been an exciting addition to the team."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/seahawks/story ... er-lockett

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":3iqvzxb9 said:
Dang3Russ":3iqvzxb9 said:

I think he's going to be a dynamic returner as well, but my issue is with blocking on returns. It was pretty bad last season. We need to step it up in that department to give him a chance to get going.
Excellent point. Hopefully that is being addressed.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":17ipp0np said:
kidhawk":17ipp0np said:
Dang3Russ":17ipp0np said:

Excellent point. Hopefully that is being addressed.

'Being addressed' in what way? The bad blocking last season was largely because we lost Coleman early-on. The problem was compounded when we lost starters to injury as the season progressed, which called for some of our ST players to split their PT and game time.

We've got a very capable return man now. The rest depends on key players staying healthy.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I thought some of the poor returns last year, attributed to the blocking, were actually more the result of Richardson's delayed reaction time, poor vision, and lack of shiftiness. He showed good straight-line speed, but that paid off inconsistently, even when there appeared to be adequate blocking. Anyway, I hope Lockett gets a shot at kickoff returns. He has a chance to be something special.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm just thinking about a formation later in the year that features lockett, richardson, graham and ADB with Beastmode and Wilson in the backfield. Can't wait!