Seattle could be flexed out of two Sunday Night games

ringless

Reaction score
With the Ravens falling to the Cardinals this week it is likely that another game is flexed into the late game instead of that being a Sunday night matchup in Baltimore. This could essentially change it to being a 10AM start.

In additon PFT had this to say:

Bengals at Cardinals has unexpected sizzle; however, the Cardinals play the Seahawks on NBC during the preceding Sunday night. (One solution would be to flex out of Cardinals-Seahawks in Week 10 and into Bengals-Cardinals for Week 11. However, beyond Patriots-Giants, which CBS undoubtedly has protected, Vikings-Raiders is the only game that currently stands out as a viable alternative to Cardinals-Seahawks. Besides, Cardinals at Seahawks could be a very good game, despite Seattle’s struggles.)

Barakas

Reaction score
Should update your title as the current one has a different meaning that may get people riled up before they read the rest of your post.

How about, "Seattle could be flexed out of one and maybe two Sunday Night Games".

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen, but I understand why it would. When are the flex changes usually announced?

kf3339

Reaction score
Seattle is a heavily followed team around the country, and very possibly by the time these games happen we could be leading the NFC West. So I think it would have to be a real need for the network and NFL to make this change.

Certainly not something we need to worry about at this point.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2q5m7cb4 said:
There is zero chance the ARI/SEA game gets flexed
Agreed but I think there's a very big chance the Ravens/Hawks game gets flexed out depending on what other game might be available. If it does it's gonna suck if he Hawks play at 10 AM against Baltimore cuz they have a 10 AM the week before at Minny. If the NFL wanted to be fair they's schedule the Baltimore game at 1:00 (4:00 PM Eastern time) if it does get flexed out. But when was the last time the NFL was fair to west coast teams? Oh, never.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kf3339":9u54vo1j said:
Seattle is a heavily followed team around the country, and very possibly by the time these games happen we could be leading the NFC West. So I think it would have to be a real need for the network and NFL to make this change.

They are?

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkFan72":37g4xi95 said:
I hope this doesn't happen, but I understand why it would. When are the flex changes usually announced?

They have until up to 12 days before the game.

The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Vpk0718":14003i8z said:

SEA loses this Sunday and Arizona wins. The game suddenly becomes far less interesting nationwide. But also looking at the Sunday games for week 10, I don't see what else they would put in its place unless the Redskins somehow pull off the upset at Patriots making that Redskins vs Saints game more interesting for the NFC playoff picture.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1hhunc1n said:
kf3339":1hhunc1n said:

They are?

I think if Seattle can closeout this year strong, it'll go a long way towards keeping Seattle interesting for those outside of Seattle. I was just in the Times Square Foot Locker a couple weeks ago and they had Seahawks gear in there. That's a big deal because they normally only carry the team with national fanbases, but yeah make no mistake the Seahawks are gonna have to remain in deep playoff territory for another year or two to remain that way, another SB victory would have helped big time.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I understand Phoenix is a melting pot. But this year you would think we were in Seattle. New Seahawks fans are everywhere to be found at all times.

While I don't think the AZ/Sea game gets flexed. I think the Baltimore game does no matter what. I mean one team is already 1-5 or 1-6.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2uwuzx6i said:
Vpk0718":2uwuzx6i said:

SEA loses this Sunday and Arizona wins. The game suddenly becomes far less interesting nationwide. But also looking at the Sunday games for week 10, I don't see what else they would put in its place unless the Redskins somehow pull off the upset at Patriots making that Redskins vs Saints game more interesting for the NFC playoff picture.

Agree, I don't see that either. Right now the only CBS game in the afternoon is Cinci@Ariz the next week. They will protect that game, all the other CBS games that day stink. Serious doubt CBS will give their best game of the day to another network.

Will know in less than a week, though.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
For purely selfish reasons I would have no problem with this. Some of us have work in the morning.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ringless":w4lx1u1c said:
I understand Phoenix is a melting pot. But this year you would think we were in Seattle. New Seahawks fans are everywhere to be found at all times.

While I don't think the AZ/Sea game gets flexed. I think the Baltimore game does no matter what. I mean one team is already 1-5 or 1-6.

This is the crux of it right here. If we keep winning, you're going to have a good team playing one with a really poor record. If we lose another one, you're going to see two sub 500 under performing teams playing. Either way, it's not a likely great game, but what are the alternatives ?

taz291819

Reaction score
Basis4day":2kgz240v said:
kf3339":2kgz240v said:

They are?

They are here in Alabama. Our local Fox affiliate has been showing the Hawks' games all season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think SEA/BAL is absolutely getting flexed.. especially when you look at the other games on the slate..

- Falcons/Panthers (could be a really big game for the NFCS)
- Cowboys/Packers (huge for ratings.. hard to see FOX not protecting this one)
- Steelers/Bengals (another big division game)
- Raiders/Broncos (never know, the Raiders are improved and could be in the WC race come December)

Conversely though.. our Week 17 game against the Cardinals may very well move to SNF too.. if that's a game for the division.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":qdhtfo1f said:
I think SEA/BAL is absolutely getting flexed.. especially when you look at the other games on the slate..

- Falcons/Panthers (could be a really big game for the NFCS)
- Cowboys/Packers (huge for ratings.. hard to see FOX not protecting this one)
- Steelers/Bengals (another big division game)
- Raiders/Broncos (never know, the Raiders are improved and could be in the WC race come December)

Conversely though.. our Week 17 game against the Cardinals may very well move to SNF too.. if that's a game for the division.

Well crap. Damnit Baltimore. You guys suck and its messing with our schedule lol. I would be pretty upset if it gets flexed. Two 10 AM games in a row? That would suck. And im sure the NFL would love it.