Jimmy Graham Another Thread

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Is this guy ever gonna have a breakout game?!

I'd like to see a 2 TD game at least once this year!

Salary says he should. Catches say no!!!

Remind me again he's still on the team?!

Come on, Wilson! Make it happen!!

Crizilla

Reaction score
when you start trying to force that kind of stuff bad things happen, we need to continue spreading the ball around more like today

hawknation2015

Reaction score
He did some special things when they had him lined up on the line of scrimmage at split end. They need to do more of that . . . not sure Bevell has it in him.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1ifpue1d said:

Well it's pretty difficult for him to have a breakout game when he received only 3 targets today. 3 targets, 3 catches. He's doing what he can. The rest is really out of his control. The couple drops he had last week is an anomaly. He's a huge athletic target with a large, vertical catch radius and good hands. It's not his fault he's not being utilized correctly but I honestly doubt if he ever will be by the Hawks.

red grenadine

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":w5iodkkq said:
TheLegendOfBoom":w5iodkkq said:

Well it's pretty difficult for him to have a breakout game when he received only 3 targets today. 3 targets, 3 catches. He's doing what he can. The rest is really out of his control. The couple drops he had last week is an anomaly. He's a huge athletic target with a large, vertical catch radius and good hands. It's not his fault he's not being utilized correctly but I honestly doubt if he ever will be by the Hawks.

At the end of the day, I just don't understand the trade to get him if this is how we are going to use him. One of the top redzone weapons in the NFL and we cannot find a way to integrate him into the red zone offense

I would rather still have Unger + an olineman from the draft

Polk738

Reaction score
no way Jimmy Graham was gonna have a big day with the way Rawls was handling business, that and I think him and Russ are still building chemistry, I mean its not like he had a 1000 yards his first year with Drew Brees either.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's all on the OC in my opinion. JG was a beast in NO. DB probably didn't want him and is proving that point.

red grenadine

Reaction score
Rob12":36jmxc2j said:
7 catches for 140 against Carolina.

8 for 140 actually. No touchdowns either. No touchdowns since week 3 actually.

No other games over 100 yards. He has one 83 yard game (CHI) and one 75 yard game (DAL)

Otherwise its:

50 (STL)
11 (GB)
29 (DET)
30 (CIN)
31 (SF)
41 (ARI)
39 (SF)

And our Red Zone offense is worse than last year and is actually last in the league. This is what gets me - we brought him in to help our RZ offense and if anything our RZ offense has taken a huge step back.

Seafan

Reaction score
You act like RW has his choice of receivers on every play. Do you really think he gets past his 2nd read often? Drew Brees was the perfect situation for Jimmy. He'd do well with Brady as well. Defenses have to account for him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2v1wkln9 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2v1wkln9 said:

Pretty much. Anyone know how a player can get better than 3 catches in 3 targets ?

In Jimmy's case, maybe less holding penalties and better blocking, but we're talking receiving in this thread.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oh, sorry.

I thought this thread was from last week. Was going to move it to the archives but my mistake. I forgot that we're complaining after the wins as well 'round here. Carry on...

Northern Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah not much more you can ask from him when he has 3 targets. I loved him on the outside running that slant on 3rd down. We need more of that with the pressure RW will face against much better defenses

JustTheTip

Reaction score
It is really hard to make plays when you are busy on the sideline tucking your jewelry into your uniform.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Was Graham also in on Luke Willson's TD catch? The theory being that JG's presence caused the D to put a worse cover LB on Willson.

Graham can have a big impact without making a single catch. And the catches he did make were mostly key first downs.
When JG makes a defense adjust, and creates openings for others, and we move the ball and win, his stats in any particular game are largely irrelevant.

Slick

Reaction score
Did he anybody notice if he had a significant reduction in snaps yesterday? I was at the game and a couple times he started his way onto the field and was told no. Body language was understandably pissed off.

Not rumor mongering, I'm sure guys who want to make plays always do this. But I thought I noticed a lot more plays off...

pmedic920

Reaction score
We don't need to abuse #88 when the run game works like it did yesterday.

As far as I could tell he did everything he was asked to do.
IMHO just because you pay a guy a lot of money, doesn't mean he has to be the reason that you won.
It's a team game and he did his part.