Great News. (Rawls related)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Didn't see anybody mentioning this.
3042862163b2708d6c589b1a8358f006.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
That would imply a fairly quick recovery, so yeah, great news. Tough break for the kid, but that sounds nice. Maybe could have expected this given he walked off the field barely limping, but still it sounded serious.

Hurry back, kid!

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
It's all good bro, people that have already commented and finished in them, might appreciate a fresh one on the positive side of the Rawls injury.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
That is great news, maybe he won't be back anytime soon, but here's hoping he'll come back at 100% healthy :thirishdrinkers:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Fractured ankles are a strange deal. I broke mine skiing... actually, I broke it slipping in the parking lot on the way to the hill, but nevertheless I was able to walk on it without too much pain for an hour or so after it happened. Swelled up like a balloon, though. A complete recovery *should* be quick for Rawls.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Awesome. He should have no problems being ready by next preseason.

I have a plate and 6 screws in my ankle, well 5 screws now, I needed one for my screen door.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Really awesome news, hope it's one of those things where he can come back like it never happened.

muxpux

Reaction score
As a skateboarder who has had my ankles x-rayed numerous times and came back negative.... Sprains can be worse than breaks sometimes. There's lots of bones in the feet. One cracks and it's a "break" but it isn't necessarily how you picture a broken arm or something. All I'm trying to say is I've heard of plenty of people walking off broken ankles, yet last time I sprained mine I could hardly limp

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
muxpux":3h0amzfz said:
As a skateboarder who has had my ankles x-rayed numerous times and came back negative.... Sprains can be worse than breaks sometimes. There's lots of bones in the feet. One cracks and it's a "break" but it isn't necessarily how you picture a broken arm or something. All I'm trying to say is I've heard of plenty of people walking off broken ankles, yet last time I sprained mine I could hardly limp
As basketball player who on numerous occasions had ankles that looked like grapefruits at the bottom of my legs, I agree.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think I want to wait to hear Carroll say something similar at a new conference after MRI results get back to confirm, but certainly this is a happier report than what we hard from Carroll right after the game. I'm guessing this kind of info gets leaked to Brock by Rawls agent rather than the team doctors.

muxpux

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1qx8i8ha said:
muxpux":1qx8i8ha said:
As basketball player who on numerous occasions had ankles that looked like grapefruits at the bottom of my legs, I agree.

I think this sums up what I was saying....

"Depending on the type and severity of the fracture or the sprain, the prognosis of a sprain may actually be worse than a fracture."

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It would be nice to start next training camp without a bunch of PUP guys.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Great news.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but even with his injury I'm just fine going into next season as Rawls as the starting RB. I saw enough to know this kid's special.

Cartire

Reaction score
Interesting. Sportscenter just reported that surgery would happen sooner then later.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I posted this in the Rawls injury thread, but unfortunately have not yet seen any follow-up sourced confirmation. Still just hoping Brock has heard something official from somebody.