Russell Wilson original .Net post after we drafted him

seabowl

Reaction score
Can someone re-post the first post on .net after we picked him? It probably was:
Seahawks 3rd round-pick #75 Russrll Wilson

I would love to see the comments for that post just for shits and giggles.

kearly

Reaction score
My recollection of .net was that while the national media poo-poo'ed the draft, many Seahawks fans were very excited about it. Each of Seattle's first four picks (Irvin, Wagner, Wilson, and Turbin) had been talked about quite a bit on the forums pre-draft. The only player I remember much negativity for was Jermaine Kearse, who was a 2012 UDFA.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hope someone can find it, cuz ill come out looking like a genius! :D

I think most of us liked the pick, but i think it's fair to say the majority had some questions, and few thought he'd be a day 1 starter.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
seabowl":2wnpl01v said:
Can someone re-post the first post on .net after we picked him? It probably was:

FYI I though we drafted Seneca Wallace part 2. At least I hit on Mike Teel being a stud.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Most were optimistic coming off of 2011 as our defense was trending up and there was some excitement surrounding Flynn. A third round gamble on a QB who would have been a top 3 pick except for his height was exciting and fit the Moneyball fad of looking for value in unusual places. It helped that we were drafting #15 that year and so weren't really in the RG3/Luck sweepstakes in the first place and so there was nothing for people to melt down over.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Unfortunately they forum only seems to go back to October 2012 and I don't see any draft reaction threads in the archive forum.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
All I can remember is the meme thread from that night that took a lot of playful jabs at his height and/or Ashton's wide-open trap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1mu8thyv said:
I was excited about Flynn.

Surprised that I was wrong as I rarely am.
I hated Flynn.

I was right, as I rarely am.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":4kteo6i4 said:
[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]
I'd never seen this clip before.
Thanks for posting it, had a good laugh..!!!

Reaction score
seabowl":1wl2kn0x said:

I know what you're trying to look for.......
I am using the "search engine" on this site but can't get back to April of 2012.
If anyone can help out,
OP is looking for the THREAD that was posted on this board from Draft Day 2012 - announcing "pick 75 - QB Russell Wilson - Wisconsin"

Can you guys help pull that thread back up so we can review what was first said (by us) about drafting Russ...........

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: