Wait...We are the early game?

checkdanews

Reaction score
I expected the #1(Panthers) seed to get the prime time game. Plus our game seems much more exciting then Arizona/GB. I just don't get it...Is this just how it always works? Or is this as weird as it feels?

Torc

Reaction score
The Packers are probably one of the more popular teams in America.

Oh, and there's a conspiracy to keep the Hawks out of the Super Bowl and we do worse in early games. :)

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I think the Arizona - GB game will end up being entertaining theater. It's going to be a shootout.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm the first to jump all over the league, but the other game being played is in Denver, which is Mountain time.

It's pretty hard to schedule a 10 am game on Mountain or Pacific, IN those time zones.

That said, I'm not sure why they have to have a 10 am game at all. Why not have a game start at noon, and a game start at 3:30 ? It's the friggin playoffs, there's only 2 games a day.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":28d481g7 said:
I'm the first to jump all over the league, but the other game being played is in Denver, which is Mountain time.

It's pretty hard to schedule a 10 am game on Mountain or Pacific, IN those time zones.

That said, I'm not sure why they have to have a 10 am game at all. Why not have a game start at noon, and a game start at 3:30 ? It's the friggin playoffs, there's only 2 games a day.
This what they do for the conference championship games on that Sunday (Noon and 3:30 starts) and all the Saturday games are 1:30 and 4:00 so why not in the divisional round and WC round on Sun? Someone? Anyone?

I know I'm a conspiracy theorist and all but what other logical conclusion outside of having it available to screw a west coast team on start time is there?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawks46":18wm3jrh said:

They do start at that time.....in the rest of the country.

Its only super early and weird for you guys on the west coast :)

Cartire

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":xbjup18g said:
Hawks46":xbjup18g said:

This what they do for the conference championship games on that Sunday (Noon and 3:30 starts) and all the Saturday games are 1:30 and 4:00 so why not in the divisional round and WC round on Sun? Someone? Anyone?

I know I'm a conspiracy theorist and all but what other logical conclusion outside of having it available to screw a west coast team on start time is there?

The only reason I know its not a consipiracy is because its been those times for many many years.

However, I agree, there is no reason to have it that early. Noon and even 4:30 start would be just fine.