Biggest fear or Concern going into Carolina

Anthony!

Reaction score
for me the biggest concern is

Game plan, will we go first 8 game style or 2nd 8 game style. Meaning will we let Wilson loose and play to win, or keep him handcuffed and play not to lose. Will we play like AZ game or play like Rams game.

Next how will Lynch if he plays effect the game plan. Meaning will having Lynch make them keep Wilson handcuffed

marko358

Reaction score
Anthony!":2kb5j0z8 said:
for me the biggest concern is

Game plan, will we go first 8 game style or 2nd 8 game style. Meaning will we let Wilson loose and play to win, or keep him handcuffed and play not to lose. Will we play like AZ game or play like Rams game.

Next how will Lynch if he plays effect the game plan. Meaning will having Lynch make them keep Wilson handcuffed

Just wanted to give you a shoutout for getting "loose" and "lose" right. So rare these days on the interwebz.

Oh and also, offensive game plan is my biggest concern. Bevell needs to draw up a plan which exploits their biggest weakness which is their secondary.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
My biggest concern is how much that last game may have taken out of them both physically and mentally due to the weather and how the game played out. Hopefully it won't be a factor because we will need to be 100% to win next Sunday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Play calling (and execution obviously) will be the number one factor, IMO.

I agree, we play not to lose and the game is already lost. Play to win, end of story.

Bevell? Your move.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Will Lynch play, and will his return be a distraction or a help?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Yea, I'd be worried that we start running into the brick wall and not trying to change.

My biggest issue is situational play calling and the willingness to change. This is mitigated by our defense playing well; if they keep it close in the 1st half, we'll be ok as we don't usually make a lot of adjustments until half time.

My biggest singular concern is interior penetration by their DT's. If we can keep Russ clean up the middle, I think we'll score some points.

We've shown the propensity to spread out the defense and run before. Michael is a good back for that, as he's so explosive. We need to pass protect though. If Wilson can find Baldwin in Lockett quickly, and Kearse can win his 1 on 1's vs. their shorter CB's, then we can mitigate most of their pass rush.

kf3339

Reaction score
Which Seahawk team shows up to play. If it's the first half version we will lose. If it's the second half version we will win. I'm betting the second half team will show up.

RussB

Reaction score
I hope we come out firing like the last cards game and really hope they dont play conservative. A little worried about ginn and olson but i think we will keep them in check with lane and shead playing good along with ET. Other than than that im pretty confident we should beat them.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'd have to say slow start.

We've played with a first round bye before and we've seen how teams can start sluggish after the week layover.

On the road, getting ahead early while Carolina adjusts may be critical. There will be a lot of energy there in Carolina. I'd expect the Panthers to finish stronger than us. They are every bit as talented physically and if we can manage to turn them into a more predictable passing team early that'll combat their home field.

I don't see Carolina as shrinking from the challenge late in this game. They have that confidence and I think it's plain to see. They don't think they can win, they know they can. And that makes for a compelling/close matchup.

kearly

Reaction score
Biggest fear is a big, last minute comeback from Cam, just like the 1st meeting.

I have a hunch that Lynch might not play this week. If he does play, I would expect less than 4 YPC.

My biggest hope is that Seattle starts hot and puts Carolina in a big hole. Not only would the Panthers offense suffer if made one dimensional, but if you can make Newton get down on himself, you will usually win the game.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2az5t0ea said:
My biggest concern is how much that last game may have taken out of them both physically and mentally due to the weather and how the game played out. Hopefully it won't be a factor because we will need to be 100% to win next Sunday.

I haven't heard this discussed much, but I did hear somebody in my office (I don't live in WA and he is a Broncos fan) talk about how it takes longer to recover from playing in a game when it's that cold.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Seattle Times reported that the headsets were going in and out during the Vikings game and that Wilson ended up having to call a lot of plays because he couldn't hear Bevell.

I imagine things would've been cleaner if communications weren't an issue. I expect the same in Carolina.

OP
OP
Anthony!

Anthony!

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2hzaijjh said:
For what it's worth, the Seattle Times reported that the headsets were going in and out during the Vikings game and that Wilson ended up having to call a lot of plays because he couldn't hear Bevell.

I imagine things would've been cleaner if communications weren't an issue. I expect the same in Carolina.

HMM so are you saying the issue was not....natural

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
4th quarter, 50 seconds left, up by 1, ball on Carolina 30, Carolina has all its timeouts. Or up by 4, either way.

Offense is gonna play all four downs and has nothing to lose. ( or is it loose?)