Chase Coffman is the secret weapon

King Dog

Reaction score
Pete was smart not giving Carolina any film of Chase Coffman last week in the Vikes game. Hopefully no one from the Panthers organization is monitoring these boards.
Pgui5OY

BigMeach

Reaction score
Why?

If the Carolina Panthers coaching staff was desperate enough to monitor fan boards to get information on their opponent we already have the game in the bag.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
At first i thought you were serious, but i see you're just trying to keep the mood light

Wartooth

Reaction score
I hope they keep this kid around!
He was a stud in college, and has an upside...
Seeing how 'geeked' he was in that Cards game after that touchdown was telling.
Maybe he just needed to get healthy, and be in the right environment.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bevell just needs to keep the Panthers off balance. We have many weapons to choose from. The winning team will keep their opponent off balance or will out play them with better execution.

RussB

Reaction score
Anyone else think this game is just going to be an ass kicking by the hawks?

OP
OP
K

King Dog

Reaction score
BigMeach":3vnpqqv5 said:
Why?

If the Carolina Panthers coaching staff was desperate enough to monitor fan boards to get information on their opponent we already have the game in the bag.
lol

olyfan63

Reaction score
RussB":38dosamg said:

No, I think we are in for a scratching, clawing catfight.
No basis to predict anything but a close, hard fought game. I'd be most happy to be wrong, I just don't see a blowout.
I see the game being won by 1 of the 2 QBs making their case for postseason MVP.

Blaze

Reaction score
RussB":3sdin7hp said:

Right here, I said 35-9 and sticking to it. Just a gut feeling 8)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with their TE than ours. We have to cover Olsen this time or we are toast.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know this thread might be meant facetiously, but Coffman is a talent we can use. He is the poorest man's version of Jimmy Graham, true, but as a spread tight end, a guy who is not expected to sustain blocks and spring a RB, he is a pretty good player.

When you watch the Panthers in week 6, one of the things that stands out is how much they bracketed Graham. And Graham still produced. They will not be bracketing Coffman. The Safeties are far more likely to be looking at Baldwin and Lockett.
I think Coffman and Wilson could get some easy seam looks. Just please don't line them up off tackle in double TE formations, that plays to what the Panthers want to do in disguising their pass rush looks.

Seafan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1zzvef0g said:
I know this thread might be meant facetiously, but Coffman is a talent we can use. He is the poorest man's version of Jimmy Graham, true, but as a spread tight end, a guy who is not expected to sustain blocks and spring a RB, he is a pretty good player.

When you watch the Panthers in week 6, one of the things that stands out is how much they bracketed Graham. And Graham still produced. They will not be bracketing Coffman. The Safeties are far more likely to be looking at Baldwin and Lockett.
I think Coffman and Wilson could get some easy seam looks. Just please don't line them up off tackle in double TE formations, that plays to what the Panthers want to do in disguising their pass rush looks.

Agreed about Coffman. Has the best hands of all our TEs. A nice target.

I wonder if he'll be active. The last two weeks they have only had 2 TEs active. With Tukuafo possibly out then they may activate 3 TEs. Lynch will replace Brown.

I look forward to Chase being on the team next season. He and Russ seem to have developed a little chemistry already.

chris98251

Reaction score
He also can block, our last game I seen some wood laid on some guys by him.

evergreen

Reaction score
RussB":thugclkt said:

I feel it too but am too cowardly to admit it first. None of the other Hawk/Panther games were one sided except last year's playoff game. and this year's first three quarters. We are night and day different than we were then, are they? Damn, they almost went undefeated...

Lanakila

Reaction score
Blaze":16feswq6 said:
RussB":16feswq6 said:

Right here, I said 35-9 and sticking to it. Just a gut feeling 8)

I'm with you guys! This is going to be like SB 48 where we smoked Denver.