Request: GIFs of the non-called DPI involving Kearse

HawkGA

Reaction score
That play (plays?) get brought up a lot in discussing the non-called DPI at the end of the game. For the benefit of those of us who didn't watch the game, can somebody put up the GIFs of those plays?

Thanks!!!

Tical21

Reaction score
It was about 5 yards from being catchable. Nothing g to see here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that it was a BLATANT molesting from behind, no call. The guy isn't even looking back at the ball and he's hugging Kearse from behind while the ball is in the air. No call.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Weren't there two no calls. The over thrown ball and one that was a short crossing route at the goal line. Even though the ball was overthrown a bit if he hadn't had the guy draped on him it would have been closer, maybe catchable.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2k8jyfnn said:
Doesn't change the fact that it was a BLATANT molesting from behind, no call. The guy isn't even looking back at the ball and he's hugging Kearse from behind while the ball is in the air. No call.

No way Kearse would have caught the ball even if he had Calvin Johnson range, they would not make a call on that ever.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wrong. It was at a minimum a holding call. It happened WAY before the ball got there, so it should have been called before your assumption that it wasn't catchable. Holding is holding regardless if the ball is catchable. You see that called all the time.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I don't know man, ive seen enough crazy superman type catchs to know that if Kearse had atleast 2 more unimpeded steps he might have made a diving grab.

Who has the avi of Doug's superman catch? NFL players make stupid catchs each and every week.

BUT I like that since they didn't call that, they didn't call Sherms. I dont care if you call it tight or loose (id prefer loose) but call it both ways. And the refs did.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
A jersey tug should be holding hands down. Wouldn't be PI necessarily but you always hear that mentioned as one of the things you *can't* get away with is pulling the jersey.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hdq2u70i said:
Wrong. It was at a minimum a holding call. It happened WAY before the ball got there, so it should have been called before your assumption that it wasn't catchable. Holding is holding regardless if the ball is catchable. You see that called all the time.

Agreed. Ask the Jets about that, they were getting ridiculously ticky tack calls against them all game against AZ on Monday night.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Here is a .gif of the play. It is a long .gif but I wanted to show 3 angles on the same .gif.

To me this looks easily catchable and it was clearly pass interference. His left arm grabs kearse and doesn't allow him to make a play on the ball which lands just a couple yards past him.

Kearse.gif

Smellyman

Reaction score
Easily catchable.

didn't that play result in a missed FG?

The refs cost us 6! Where is the outrage.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Hawks46":t294bhei said:
SoulfishHawk":t294bhei said:

Agreed. Ask the Jets about that, they were getting ridiculously ticky tack calls against them all game against AZ on Monday night.

That crew is by nature ticky tacky. That's the same crew that officiated the Seahawks/Rams game. We had the most "unusual" calls against us I can remember since XL

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1lsbc0z1 said:
Not as obvious as shermans but still PI.

it seems more obvious. two battling for the ball compared to a guy just grabbing from behind because he is beat.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Thank you for the gif!

I actually don't see that one being as bad. If the camera was more zero'd in maybe, but I can't really see it. I don't see a jersey tug (maybe that was a different play?). The arm grab is pretty much about the time the ball is overhead. Certainly in a game of "let them play" I wouldn't expect that to be called. In a game of "let's go back, review the tape and look for PI and other penalties where we can" then maybe.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Oh and I'll add, the DB was definitely playing the ball too (or at least made it look like he was playing the ball).

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkGA":3r3kr8d3 said:
Thank you for the gif!

I actually don't see that one being as bad. If the camera was more zero'd in maybe, but I can't really see it. I don't see a jersey tug (maybe that was a different play?). The arm grab is pretty much about the time the ball is overhead. Certainly in a game of "let them play" I wouldn't expect that to be called. In a game of "let's go back, review the tape and look for PI and other penalties where we can" then maybe.

I agree. At the time I as hoping for a flag, but after the review any contact was incidental, especially considering the slight overthrow.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I have to side with not a PI at all. Kearse never went for the ball, regardless of it being catchable or not. The DB doesn't look, to me, like he contacts Kearse until the ball is over their heads. I don't see any contact from behind prior to that.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Slightly overthrown, close one.

Speedsters Tyler or PRich might have had a better chance.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seems like another illustration of the refs letting them just ball it out-which is the way it should be IMO. So Atl fans really have nothing to complain about because that's the way the crew was calling it that day.

Just because the majority of the other crews are in the habit of letting receivers jump into a DB and call DPI all day, doesn't make it right for the media to scrutinize other crews who let the players duke it out like the old days.

Latest posts