Update: Kam Out, Sowell Quest, Rawls on track for Week 11

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Nov 5
Seahawks SS Kam Chancellor (groin) has been ruled out for Week 9.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/347011/seahawks-ss-kam-chancellor-ruled-out-for-mnf
Coach Pete Carroll expected Chancellor to return this week, but he'll miss his fourth straight game. Chancellor has yet to practice since going down in Week 4. Kelcie McCray will continue to start at strong safety.

Seahawks LT Bradley Sowell (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 9.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7784/bradley-sowell
Sowell was limited in practice this week. Coach Pete Carroll said he's still not ready to return. Undrafted rookie George Fant will make another start against Buffalo on Monday night.

Coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls (fibula) could return in Week 11.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10420/thomas-rawls
Nov 5 - 5:31 PM
Source: Stephen Cohen on Twitter

2_0_6

Reaction score
I still think we don't see Kam until' the New England game. Hopefully Rawls is back then also.

ARhawk

Reaction score
As much as I love Kam, have we really missed him since he's been out? Our safety play hasnt missed a beat with McCray doing a great job filling in for Kam. Someone tell me I'm wrong because I dont want to think Kam could be expendable.

stang233

Reaction score
No reason to play any starters for the NE game. Should just take the Arch Bishop approach and take a second bye week.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Pretty much full of "coach speak" for the year.

Pete's "looking good" or "close to" is starting to wear thin with me. He's been saying Kam has been "close" for atleast the last week.

Bottom line, I'll believe it when I see it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ARhawk":10imr9ys said:
As much as I love Kam, have we really missed him since he's been out? Our safety play hasnt missed a beat with McCray doing a great job filling in for Kam. Someone tell me I'm wrong because I dont want to think Kam could be expendable.

I think him being out is a main reason why we have seen back to back games with 100 yard rushers. Granted the defense was on the field forever, but having him out there laying hits definitely has been missed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":13klu4kd said:
ARhawk":13klu4kd said:

I think him being out is a main reason why we have seen back to back games with 100 yard rushers. Granted the defense was on the field forever, but having him out there laying hits definitely has been missed.

:ditto:

There were several times when RBs got extra yards, even if McCray made the tackle where Kam would have stopped him close to the LOS, imo.

RussB

Reaction score
ARhawk":1vfh551r said:
Kam has been beasting this season, i watched him closely because of his last season. Hes been all over the place this year, laying the wood on anyone that is there to be hit, has been good in coverage and beasting in the run game. I cant wait till hes back to be honest, mccray is solid though.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
RussB":11ydari7 said:
ARhawk":11ydari7 said:
Kam has been beasting this season, i watched him closely because of his last season. Hes been all over the place this year, laying the wood on anyone that is there to be hit, has been good in coverage and beasting in the run game. I cant wait till hes back to be honest, mccray is solid though.

agree! IMO he was our best defensive player (Bennett maybe too). He was a loss for sure. Intimidation counts for something, even to professionals

getnasty

Reaction score
stang233":2aggzz16 said:
No reason to play any starters for the NE game. Should just take the Arch Bishop approach and take a second bye week.

This post is stupid. We've lost like 1 game by more then 1 score in the last 5 years. Plus as much as we play down to our competition we also play up to it.

RCATES

Reaction score
PC has been giving the "Kam will get some work in this week and has a chance to play" for the past 2.5 weeks. Then Wednesday's practice report comes out showing he didn't participate. Like others have said I no longer listen to Pete's upbeat banter's. He has been boasting about Wilson's running ability and movement being much better for weeks. Then on gameday Wilson looks like he's got 50lb sand bags hanging from his thighs and has zero burst.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Kam's been pretty slow to recover from injury ever since the contract dispute.

I suspect that there is an unspoken agreement between him and management that he's only going to play at 100% for the rest of his time here (until the end of this year.)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Wonder if slotting Kam at LB and let McCray play SS would be an option?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1xsp29de said:
Bobblehead":1xsp29de said:

Who's place would Kam take at LB though?

Well, I'm thinking Wags and KJ are a lock.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Why people expect to get something out of a coach's press conference, especially when it comes to injury status/updates, is beyond me. They are pure posturing. Just accept that fact and move on.

12thbrah

Reaction score
stang233":18m9f1k8 said:

Hell no! This teams needs every game if they want a shot at home field.

RCATES

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2zskpqfn said:
Bobblehead":2zskpqfn said:

Who's place would Kam take at LB though?

You're joking right? We are on our 3rd LB at the Right side OLB position. Morgan on IR (1st), KPL injured (2nd). We have been shuffling at this position for weeks between Marsh who is more of a 3rd down pass rusher/DE and a sprinkle of Coyle now and then. I actually like the idea of Kam at this LB position allowing Mccray to stay deep with Earl. Doubt it happens though.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Russ looked good at the end of last game. Wouldn't surprise me if he was moving like he always did in 2-3 weeks.

Kam is one of the most important defensive players on the team but McCray is an excellent back up so no need to rush Kam back. Even if he was near full this week I'd opt for limited snaps against the Bills.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ARhawk":3ukwqml7 said:

I think where we've missed Kam is run support. He comes up and makes big plays at the los for no gain or losses. We also lose that intimidation factor where you get guys that drop a pass or two a game because they hear Kam coming.

McCray is faster, and might end up being better in coverage, but he's not nearly Kam's equal in run support or intimidation.