Tanner Mcevoy

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Tanner has been a great find and has made a number of plays when given the opportunity. I think I would rather have seen him lined up as the Split End instead on Kearse on that last play of the game. Hindsight is 20/20 but put a 6'5 guy with hops against a 5'10 4th sting CB and i think our chances of coming down with that pass go way up over what Kearse offers us.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think it's about Tanner being this great athlete, but more about Kearse having been there before.

Can you imagine the firestorm that would ensue had it been Tanner and him missing?
Why would you rely on a rookie when you have Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, GRAHAM?

My biggest question is, why not Graham?

TwilightError

Reaction score
Kearse has been clutch and he made every possible physical effort to bring down that pass, which Russell Wilson overthrew.

Still, McEvoy is one to watch and expect great things from. A secret weapon.

A

Anonymous

Tanner McEvoy, with a capital "E"!!!

:34853_doh:

Cryminy!

Yes, good player... :2thumbs:

hawker84

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1geujh49 said:
Tanner has been a great find and has made a number of plays when given the opportunity. I think I would rather have seen him lined up as the Split End instead on Kearse on that last play of the game. Hindsight is 20/20 but put a 6'5 guy with hops against a 5'10 4th sting CB and i think our chances of coming down with that pass go way up over what Kearse offers us.

So you're just going to post this and not acknowledge the fact that Kearse actually made a great catch and almost came down with it in bounds, even though RW put it too far out there? It's fine for folks to not be a fan of Kearse for whatever reason, but jeeeesh, give the dude a little credit for what he's done and continues to do when given the chance....

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks around here continue to think the receivers are a part of the reason for our offensive regression..... That last play was on Wilson, nobody else. He didn't audible into a slant route, and he threw the ball out of the back of the end zone.... Even if Graham had caught that ball, his momentum would have still carried him out of bounds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The team settling for Field Goals, and dropping a snap on a FG is just as much why the team lost. Not that one play.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Kearse made sense. If it's Baldwin or Graham alone on the right the Saints D probably would've put at least 2 people on that side. Kearse doesn't raise the same suspicion yet he has a long history of coming down with 50/50 balls in really clutch moments.

If the safety had gone to Kearse' side anyway that would've opened up more room for Graham and Baldwin on the other side.

Good play call, slightly overthrown ball, that's all.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":titurbqe said:
Wenhawk":titurbqe said:

So you're just going to post this and not acknowledge the fact that Kearse actually made a great catch and almost came down with it in bounds, even though RW put it too far out there? It's fine for folks to not be a fan of Kearse for whatever reason, but jeeeesh, give the dude a little credit for what he's done and continues to do when given the chance....

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks around here continue to think the receivers are a part of the reason for our offensive regression..... That last play was on Wilson, nobody else. He didn't audible into a slant route, and he threw the ball out of the back of the end zone.... Even if Graham had caught that ball, his momentum would have still carried him out of bounds.

He knew he had to audible the routes, but didn't have time. He probably made a choice...change the protection and go with the routes called to give the guys a chance to make a play or change the routes and risk the chance of not even getting a pass off due to a protection breakdown. I think he made the right choice, but he overthrew Kearse.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I have been talking up McEvoy since the moment they signed him in free agency. I do want to see his talents utilized increasingly more and believe he is probably a better overall receiver and football player.

But, Kearse caught that game winning touchdown against the Packers in OT to send the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. In my book, he is worthy anytime he is the target no matter what other better options are on the field.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Mcevoy is a good young player. Kearse made a heck of a catch and got a toe in on like others have pointed out, an overthrown pass.

I myself would have like to see Graham get a shot at either out jumping someone or blocking them out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This goes in the coulda woulda shoulda file.

McEvoy would have attacted a double team, had the protection been a bit better so RW could have had a bit more time.There was also a possibility to Graham on that play. Lining up Graham, McEvoy, Kearse, & Baldwin and better pass protection and there isn't the need for the hurried deep jumpball. Thought Kearse mad a heck of a play and just missed getting his 2nd foot in.

Too bad the D had trouble getting off the field all day.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Considering the dbl-pass play (great throw all the way across the field to hit CJ in stride), not to mention the STs snaps that also include a blocked FG (punt?), it might be fun to see Tanner get a shot at holder for Hausch. He's got great hands, is used to taking snaps since he's been a QB, and could be great for fake FG's - or at least for enough threat of it to influence the defense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":kmnhgxgv said:
This goes in the coulda woulda shoulda file.

McEvoy would have attacted a double team, had the protection been a bit better so RW could have had a bit more time.There was also a possibility to Graham on that play. Lining up Graham, McEvoy, Kearse, & Baldwin and better pass protection and there isn't the need for the hurried deep jumpball. Thought Kearse mad a heck of a play and just missed getting his 2nd foot in.

Too bad the D had trouble getting off the field all day.
I think if you have JG and TM in the back of the endzone they will make those catches easily but thats too hard for our playbook..

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm definitely not a huge Kearse guy but he did his job on that play (as he has on many) and got one foot in and made his best effort for the 2nd one. I would have rather seen the ball thrown to the inside but Kearse made one hell of an effort.

chris98251

Reaction score
peppersjap":21j7r4kr said:
I'm definitely not a huge Kearse guy but he did his job on that play (as he has on many) and got one foot in and made his best effort for the 2nd one. I would have rather seen the ball thrown to the inside but Kearse made one hell of an effort.

We tried that once, can't remember what game it was but it was a worse result.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mcevoy is too little tape to warrant double coverage. I'm encouraged, but cautious because he's currently the last priority to commit coverage to. Same with the large-framed WR who vanished after SB XLax.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Latest posts