Earl tweets he's contemplating retirement

LolaRox

Reaction score
I posted this in the game day thread, but think it also belongs in the main forum

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/805606919175970816[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If you just suffered a potential broken leg, and your an intense, emotional, and competitive player like ET is, not surprising.
His mind is racing.

seabowl

Reaction score
I cannot believe that he tweets during the game after being injured. Why would you do that?

seabowl

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":17a5n2b5 said:
What's a timeline on his cracked tibula?

Timeline? He's retiring. Didn't you see his tweet.

253hawk

Reaction score
Earl is an intense and extremely emotional guy; I wouldn't take it too seriously.

seabowl":1ilfleil said:
I cannot believe that he tweets during the game after being injured. Why would you do that?

Gotta beat Adam Schefter to the punch.

DHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cyh2i11 said:
If you just suffered a potential broken leg, and your an intense, emotional, and competitive player like ET is, not surprising.
His mind is racing.

I agree. Of course you hope he changes his mind, but in the end you can't blame a guy for looking out for his health.

nepahawk

Reaction score
I love Earl but, I don't like how he threatens retirement.
This is not the first time he mentioned retirement.
You're a football player, injuries happen, buck up buttercup.

DHawk

Reaction score
nepahawk":20j34j81 said:
I love Earl but, I don't like how he threatens retirement.
This is not the first time he mentioned retirement.
You're a football player, injuries happen, buck up buttercup.

Well, he's young, has a family, won a Super Bowl, made millions. If the passion isn't there and he wants to worry about being able to walk as he ages, why not.

Plus, it's early for worrying yet. Dude is emotional as hell.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Contemplating retirement seconds into discovering you have a broken leg isn't that crazy. Earl plays with his heart on his sleeve and he is probably heart broken. That said, his passion for this game is so intense I would find it hard to believe he will decide to retire now.

I also don't think Earl would do that to Kam. Kam is already gonna feel completely sick over this whole thing especially if he ends Earls career. Those two are brothers for life, just can't see this happening.

A

Anonymous

425HawkSpark":21wptdpz said:

For the record: The bone is the "tibia", which is the smaller calf bone. Not to be confused with the"fibula" or shin bone.

:les:

Megatron

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3bzlz3hi said:
425HawkSpark":3bzlz3hi said:

For the record: The bone is the "tibia", which is the smaller calf bone. Not to be confused with the"fibula" or shin bone.

You have it backwards, the tibia is the larger bone (shin bone) and the fibula is the smaller bone.

http://www.childrenshospital.org/~/...er-extremity-program/tibula_fibula.ashx?la=en

Timeline on injury depends on where the fracture occurred and if it was displaced or not. Cracked tibia could mean anything.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Moon speculated 6-8 weeks. That's possibly NFL CG/Superbowl if they carry him.

Did Gronk infect Thomas with the Madden Curse when Thomas took Gronks soul?

A

Anonymous

Megatron":zvuzcdwf said:
HoustonHawk82":zvuzcdwf said:
425HawkSpark":zvuzcdwf said:

You have it backwards, the tibia is the larger bone (shin bone) and the fibula is the smaller bone.

http://www.childrenshospital.org/~/...er-extremity-program/tibula_fibula.ashx?la=en

Timeline on injury depends on where the fracture occurred and if it was displaced or not. Cracked tibia could mean anything.

My correction stands corrected.

Thanks.

As you mention, depending on the nature of the fracture, it could mean he could lose a good bit of his speed, which is pretty much his game. Sucks big time, regardless.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he's out for the season. The climb to the Super Bowl just got steeper.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Extremely sad tweet, really puts into focus how big injuries are to players now days, they really can end careers.

Would be sad to see Earl walk away so young.