Ok, this team is for reals

cymatica

Reaction score
I like to rip cable and bevell apart sometimes, and maybe they deserve it or maybe they don't. Maybe even when what they are trying isn't working, keeping the coaching staff together year in and year out and working through the tough times together is better than blowing it all up.

Watching the Carolina game tonight really made me realize this. While the panthers have been treading upwards the last few seasons, then being on top of the world(except that one game), now look at them this season. Seattle has gone through just as much, if not more, adversity in their run, but they just stay the course, work through it, and keep winning, and never get blown out in any loss even when they should be. The patriots can't even say that.

I might still scream at bevell or cable because I don't know any better, but we are probably better off with them.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I will only say the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't. But they are still a devil.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
HawkerD":2t3zy2lo said:
I will only say the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't. But they are still a devil.
Do you mean Bevill?

Cad

Reaction score
I need to see them perform consistently before I buy in. The O-Line is too hot and cold right now, and the difference between dominating and heart-attack games hinges entirely upon them.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think the point was that this team might struggle but it is still there every year. This is a remarkable run that I'm enjoying! No losses by more than 9 points since Wilson hit the field. The 15-1 Panthers just got the doors blown off. We are very lucky with this run, sometimes they under perform but they are in every game.

ballard1951

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3i60gj8h said:
For reals?

"The real (/reɪˈɑːl/; Brazilian Portuguese: [ʁeˈaw]; pl. reais) is the present-day currency of Brazil. Its sign is R$ and its ISO code is BRL. It is subdivided into 100 centavos ("Cents")." :oops:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Cad":20e13nr0 said:
I need to see them perform consistently before I buy in. The O-Line is too hot and cold right now, and the difference between dominating and heart-attack games hinges entirely upon them.

Sheesh! How about needing to see the players perform consistently??
HUGE difference with Britt in there today. Don't let the coach speak fool you. When they say Hunt had a 'good game' against the bucks, that just means 'for a rookie.' A night and day difference with Britt in there, and Carroll said that much, under no uncertain terms, during his post-game presser.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I think a lot of us knew, or at least believed, the team was for real all along. That's what made the underperformance so frustrating. I was pleased with a lot of Bevell's calls though--the targets to Jimmy inside the 20, if not the red zone. Hell, even the jump balls he missed, I just love that they're taking those shots now. Not to mention the sweep to Lockett, the use of Kearse as a blocker. It looked like people were being utilized well last night.

And lo, it resulted in 40 points. Let's hope we can keep it up.

And God I forgot how good Rawls is.

stizz19

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2nvsao3t said:
I think a lot of us knew, or at least believed, the team was for real all along. That's what made the underperformance so frustrating. I was pleased with a lot of Bevell's calls though--the targets to Jimmy inside the 20, if not the red zone. Hell, even the jump balls he missed, I just love that they're taking those shots now. Not to mention the sweep to Lockett, the use of Kearse as a blocker. It looked like people were being utilized well last night.

That sweep to Lockett brought back memories of when Percy Harvin was healthy. Lockett is so fast but it seems to me Percy was on another level.

stizz19

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":32xtaw3w said:

That sweep to Lockett brought back memories of when Percy Harvin was healthy. Lockett is so fast but it seems to me Percy was on another level.

seahawksny

Reaction score
stizz19":1005h1c0 said:
WindCityHawk":1005h1c0 said:

He was on another level. Problem was, is that he was on another level of A-Hole also. Hence he is out of league, or at lease in and out of league

Latest posts