Do we look at trading Sherm to the load on other areas

Boycie

Reaction score
This might be a knee jerk reaction after the loss, but it is clear that we need o line help, and also in other areas, so do we look at unloading Sherm for picks and cap space? I like him, but I am sort of getting the feeling that he might want out of here.

Thoughts???

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sherman makes offenses avoid 1/3 of the field (except for GB and Atl) he isn't going anywhere. We need a better #2 who can create turnovers.

Optimus25

Reaction score
No. Even if his talent was marginal his availability week in week out is worth it.

If you wanna see a team after trading their system corner look at Carolina.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Not ridiculous, I would trade sherman in a second for the right package from another team. What good is a cb, when d line can't get any pressure?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This ain't fantasy football or Madden. If know that comment PO's some folks but oh well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
storm74":rlmognl2 said:
Not ridiculous, I would trade sherman in a second for the right package from another team. What good is a cb, when d line can't get any pressure?

Your defensive line also can't get pressure when Corners don't cover anyone. We need a better slot corner and a better number 2 Corner

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I would trade Sherman, Wilson, Kam, anyone on the team that is taking a huge chunk of CAP if I knew I could get a equivalent value in the draft.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Optimus25":369yr5o1 said:
No. Even if his talent was marginal his availability week in week out is worth it.

If you wanna see a team after trading their system corner look at Carolina.

The loss of Norman hurt the Panthers because they received nothing in return. A 3rd round comp pick in 2017, no long term noose of a contract, and Bradberry's promise and skill set will help in 2017 and beyond, but did nothing for the 2016 Panthers. Different than trading Sherman for immediate equal compensation.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":389ngl7b said:
I would trade Sherman, Wilson, Kam, anyone on the team that is taking a huge chunk of CAP if I knew I could get a equivalent value in the draft.
I think every team would. :lol:

Pie Romania

Reaction score
LMAO. Yeah, let's trade our best player at the position when we might not even have Shead available to play at the beginning of this next year (depending on his injury - he is a restricted free agent by the way) and Lane taking some major steps backwards this season. You trade Sherman, you're going to have to use multiple draft picks to address the position and you may very well still be worse at the position next year. If we had good, proven depth behind him then that might change my position, but we don't, so no.

timmat

Reaction score
No way. It currently takes a league MVP QB and lots of injuries for a team to shred our secondary. Start trading guys like Sherman, and mid-tier QBs can start doing this. We can go into most games needing 30pts to win. No thanks.

We can improve our O line without trading Sherman, Kam, etc. Cap is going up, space is good next year. Remember - we probably don't need to become a top 5 Oline. Get avg vets in here. A 15th ranked O line would have got us a first round bye this year.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Ya know... A ton of the players that were young and hungry when we won the SB are now heading into the latter, overpaid part of their careers. They still have MASSIVE trade value. If we had a cold-blooded GM, we could parlay those into a ridiculous cache of draft picks, and do what Pete and John did in 2012. Stock this roster with young, hungry talent, with a massive upgrade to our offense. It's just the fact that we are sentimentally attached to our guys (me included). The death knell of teams. New England is a perfect example of cutting popular players and adding cheaper, younger, but yet very capable replacements. I'd start with Sherm. He'd bring in a few meaty draft picks all on his own... It's time to start thinking that way, or just watch our team get old and ineffective, and mediocre. Time to make some hard decisions, or the Seahawks are doomed to sink back into oblivion....

gonzhawk

Reaction score
No
but he does need to step and and be a more positive leader.
He is a seasoned vet and should practice what he preaches.
I love him, but I also feel he let his team down by putting his
anger first. One player is not bigger than the team.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I say No.

Sherman makes our Defense better - he's a great tackler for a CB. Only way he is moved is if Pete gets tired of his nonsense - which probably won't happen