What in the world is going on with Pete and this team?

seabowl

Reaction score
Players out of control
Offense just a mess and not admitting it
And now....

Pete admits that Sherm has been hurt half the season when it was never reported?

I hate to say it this way but HOW DUMB can you be? The league looks for stuff like this and we hand it to them on a silver platter. Just waiting to see what this will cost us.

I really thought this front office was a cut above the rest but with today's events I cannot for the life of me understand what they were thinking of. First they hide it and then announce it in the media. It really sounds like things are out of control and someone needs to step in and bring some levity to the situation. Enter Paul Allen?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I haven't seen anywhere that the team knew. Maybe it doesn't matter. Seems odd that they would acknowledge this now. If it was known Sherman was hurt there should be repercussions.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Dumpster-Fire.jpg

Seymour

Reaction score
If he is not limited in practice, then he doesn't need to be listed on an injury report.

This leads me to conclude....this is an excuse that Pete used to draw back the heat.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The real question.... How do all the WRs who were properly defended by Sherm with a bum knee feel now? Hahha! Sherm at 50% is still better than most. As for fines.... was Shanahan ever fined for ruining RG3's knee?

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":5ed16wag said:
The real question.... How do all the WRs who were properly defended by Sherm with a bum knee feel now? Hahha! Sherm at 50% is still better than most. As for fines.... was Shanahan ever fined for ruining RG3's knee?

You don't get fined for ruining your franchise QB's knee. You lose your job.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":31t4pj6p said:

They said his knee was hurt not his wrist and forearm.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1y681nxu said:
I haven't seen anywhere that the team knew. Maybe it doesn't matter. Seems odd that they would acknowledge this now. If it was known Sherman was hurt there should be repercussions.

That's what I'm afraid of.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seymour":jut656h2 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":jut656h2 said:

You don't get fined for ruining your franchise QB's knee. You lose your job.

Unless you're the OC, then you get sent to the Browns and end up OC of the Falcons and in line to HC.... I digress. Seriously though, the mettle that some of the Hawks players showed when bitten by the injury bug is a testament of their passion for the game and the team. Either that or their Physio is a magician!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
I know the Sherman injury thread is out there but as you can see from when this thread was started, I knew we were looking at trouble. I'll say it again:

How dumb is our HC for announcing to the media that you've been hiding an injury for half a year? :34853_doh:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
seabowl":3t9flqqe said:
I know the Sherman injury thread is out there but as you can see from when this thread was started, I knew we were looking at trouble. I'll say it again:

How dumb is our HC for announcing to the media that you've been hiding an injury for half a year? :34853_doh:
Pete Carroll just shot the team in its foot!

Why would you tell the world this?!?!

There is nothing to gain!

Was he intending to make an excuse?!

Oh yeah, great excuse, Pete! We definitely lost all those games because Sherm was injured....!

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete messed up. He's been "off" all year - including Training Camp.

Def. different overall tone than previous seasons.

Hope we don't lose a draft pick over this. OUCH.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think it's at least fair to wonder if Pete has lost the team at this point. The sky is not falling but this year has been a rough one and some warts are really starting to show with this franchise. Lots of blame to go around and again, it's fair to ask the question. I don't think he's completely lost the team but this offseason is the most important in this team's current window. We're going to have less draft picks but healthy cap space.

Need to refocus and find a way to make this roster cohesive and hungry again.

nash72

Reaction score
Rob12":aa4jffoi said:
I think it's at least fair to wonder if Pete has lost the team at this point.

Not completely, but I think its nearing. If next season is like this past one, its probably over.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With all the key injuries and a green OL you cannot expect a team to perform like it usually does.Those are the facts and injuries are not something anyone can control.The Sherman thing is nonsense,he played every game and practiced most of the time so if he never said anything until after the fact it's on him and only him.

Largent80

Reaction score
nash72":2cat6u0q said:
Rob12":2cat6u0q said:

Not completely, but I think its nearing. If next season is like this past one, its probably over.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to make the playoffs again, that would be the end of it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1rg8ynfc said:
With all the key injuries and a green OL you cannot expect a team to perform like it usually does.Those are the facts and injuries are not something anyone can control.The Sherman thing is nonsense,he played every game and practiced most of the time so if he never said anything until after the fact it's on him and only him.

So if he practiced MOST of the time then they knew something was wrong. The point is how if you are the head coach going to announce it to the media after the season knowing that it most likely would be an issue with the NFL? This was the main point of this thread. I love Pete but I'm not sure what's going on with him to have this many issues at this point.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2bo1nezo said:
IndyHawk":2bo1nezo said:

So if he practiced MOST of the time then they knew something was wrong. The point is how if you are the head coach going to announce it to the media after the season knowing that it most likely would be an issue with the NFL? This was the main point of this thread. I love Pete but I'm not sure what's going on with him to have this many issues at this point.
We don't know what happened and the NFL is looking into it so why speculate?I just do not believe PC would be an idiot to try and cover it up and then be honest after the fact.I'll wait until all the details are given.You know late in season all the players say "no one is not hurting" but you don't see all of them on an injury report..To me it's nonsense

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":3mxt48o5 said:
nash72":3mxt48o5 said:
Rob12":3mxt48o5 said:

Yeah, we wouldn't want to make the playoffs again, that would be the end of it.

Whats the point if they dont do anything once they're in?

The Breh

Reaction score
So letting the opposition know his knee is hurt so they target it...they get upped to a 2nd rounder.
* I nesrt Jennifer Lawrence "yeah, ok" gif here" *
: edit- iif ything P.A should fine Pete' dumb ass shit foe that dumb ass "revelation" :187734: