Go

:{)

Edit: can anyone confirm this. I'm stuck at work no time to surf

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/868552035972464640[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Lee may have deleted the post because Kaepernick told him to, or it could have just been that Lee made a mistake and misinterpreted some news he heard. Officially, there probably would be no reason for the Seahawks to hold back a signing announcement, if indeed one happened. We should find out one way or another quite soon — if there is no news this weekend, then probably nothing happened yet.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/5/27/157 ... e-seahawks

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Without getting political, Lee has been careless with his social media game in the past; a rushed or incorrect statement wouldn't be out of character. He might have heard Kaep was in town talking to Seattle and rushed to judgment. Ironically, Lee has now put Seattle in a minor pickle regarding a signing. Not going to say anything further re: that.

At the end of the day, Kaep would easily be one of the best backups in the league — especially with an improved run game to bolster his own scrambling ability. Additionally, an environment-change from SF would probably work wonders for most players, to be honest.

I'm on-board with this as long as he is affordable. Wilson is one missed block away from an injury he can't grit out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":juukojxr said:
Without getting political, Lee has been careless with his social media game in the past; a rushed or incorrect statement wouldn't be out of character.

I am a bleeding-heart-that-studied-inequality-theory-give-me-sociliast-democracy-like-Scandinavian-countries leftist . . .

and you are 100%, unarguably spot-on here. Lee has been impetuous in the past. Catastrophically so.

I'll be monitoring this situation closely.

endzorn

Reaction score
Who are you going to believe? The Seahawks or Spike Lee. I personally believe Spike. I think the Seahawks don't realize they've signed him yet and Spike broke the news.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't have a horse in the race, but Condotta doesn't "know" which way or the other. All he knows is that he doesn't know.

I mean, it's a reporter...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
endzorn":33979bhz said:
Who are you going to believe? The Seahawks or Spike Lee. I personally believe Spike. I think the Seahawks don't realize they've signed him yet and Spike broke the news.

Truth

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Time will tell.

All in all he's a better backup than the team has now.

The price will need to be right.

Somehow though I suspect this will get done, a 1 year deal which may allow the team to score a sweet comp pick if Kaep works out and improves his cred and inherent value to another team.

Josea16

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13wymo8t said:
Time will tell.

All in all he's a better backup than the team has now.

The price will need to be right.

Somehow though I suspect this will get done, a 1 year deal which may allow the team to score a sweet comp pick if Kaep works out and improves his cred and inherent value to another team.
I love the very fact the Seahawks are even willing to bring him aboard, it's exactly like the Raiders before Davis went medically insane and before David Carr. They took chances on people the NFL deemed no good and benefited from it time after time. Ted Hendricks, Jim Plunkett, Rich Gannon and the list goes on......

The Seahawks go with Frank Clark and Malcolm McDowell both seriously elite at their positions among others that are core players and ProBowl level multiple times.

I only wish the Seahawks get to be considered this generation's Raiders. That's legacy level hatred and I'm all in for it. :17:

It will get done if Keapernick is willing to play ball in the NFL otherwise it's all about the CFL for him. Which he's totally suited to dominate by the way. Doug F was flat out too short, CK doesn't have the NFL intelligence to be a starter. The former proved the jackasses wrong. I'm just hoping CK can prove he ISN'T just a backup or as dumb as bricks like RG3.

Crizilla

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":9g879bsj said:
Lee may have deleted the post because Kaepernick told him to, or it could have just been that Lee made a mistake and misinterpreted some news he heard. Officially, there probably would be no reason for the Seahawks to hold back a signing announcement, if indeed one happened. We should find out one way or another quite soon — if there is no news this weekend, then probably nothing happened yet.

Dude, seriously? Lee did this on purpose. This was nothing but a political stunt. Don't be so ignorant. I say this in the most respectfully way possible. If you look at Lee's past and the fact that there has been NO official announcement from any NFL source that the Seahawks signed Kaep, you would come to a logical conclusion that it is most likely a false story designed to get a rise out of people.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":kw2kfcf1 said:
KitsapGuy":kw2kfcf1 said:

Dude, seriously? Lee did this on purpose. This was nothing but a political stunt. Don't be so ignorant. I say this in the most respectfully way possible. If you look at Lee's past and the fact that there has been NO official announcement from any NFL source that the Seahawks signed Kaep, you would come to a logical conclusion that it is most likely a false story designed to get a rise out of people.

:snack: :irishdrinkers:

Attributing a purposeful intent to create a political stunt is definitely one way of looking at this.

OTOH, Lee may have thought the deal was going to be done after speaking with Kaep. I'm not so inclined to suspect a political motive, and rather suspect he prematurely reported w/o full knowledge of the situation out of a sense of hope that Kaep will not contiunue to be punished for his political views.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Well, if my time on the University of Washington campus has taught me anything it's this: Dont disagree with Spike Lee

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Spike Lee needs to keep his nose/politics out of Seahawk football. This is EXACTLY why we shouldn't go anywhere near Kraporpick.