Hawks trying to trade WR Kearse

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
As you post your celebratory memes, keep in mind that hardworking Seahawks players are able to see what you're writing, and that doubling down and being a "tough, gotta earn your pay" hardass doesn't make it any less so. If you've never been on the field yourself...

Geologic

Reaction score
I understand why but it sucks. Kearse had some clutch catches for the Seahawks

edit: Kasen Williams seems like a lock now

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3sdycju0 said:
Ideally it would be in a package deal for a DT, but most likely will be a low round pick.

Anything more than a 7th rounder would be a steal. He's only due $2.2 million this year, but he's also scheduled to make $5 million next season. If a team is in need, he's probably worth a 7th rounder and the $2.2 million for this season, but whoever gets him will either need to renegotiate the deal or they'll end up cutting him at the end of the season which means it may just be a conditional pick.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I don't see a lot of trade value in a guy who can block...
But, only catches about half of the passes thrown his way.
Either way, it looks like he's gone.
Good luck to him!

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2g7s4e67 said:
MontanaHawk05":2g7s4e67 said:
As you post your celebratory memes, keep in mind that hardworking Seahawks players are able to see what you're writing, and that doubling down and being a "tough, gotta earn your pay" hardass doesn't make it any less so. If you've never been on the field yourself...

Who was posting celebratory memes? Not sure this comment is relevant to the discussion here.

If you followed the link you'd see tons of them. And it would be a blind man who hasn't seen many on this forum wish for Kearse to be cut/traded. How Seahawks fans react to a trade rumor is generally going to be relevant on a Seahawks forum. Much more so than a post that doesn't even discuss the actual topic at hand

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I think the Hawks would have to throw in a draft pick to entice a team to agree to take on Kearse's contract so we can clear cap space. No way a team gives US a draft pick for the "privilege" of paying Kearse starter's money.

kidhawk

Reaction score
xStickybudz":avqbjuhe said:
Meh just keep him, he probably worth next to nothing anyway

We only keep him if he can be better than everyone we are going to cut. When we re-signed him, it was true. This year it may not be

kidhawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":1drxngpt said:
I think the Hawks would have to throw in a draft pick to entice a team to agree to take on Kearse's contract so we can clear cap space. No way a team gives US a draft pick for the "privilege" of paying Kearse starter's money.

He's only saving us $2.2 million this season if we cut him. We are on the hook for the last $3.66 million of his signing bonus. Right now that means we actually lose cap space to cut or trade him. It's worth it though if we can upgrade the WR position by keeping other guys.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It makes sense. I still say it makes more sense to cut him and then bring him back in 3 weeks when somebody goes IR. I bet he hangs around...reports were that he had interest for more money elsewhere previously, but chose to stay.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It just feels like it's time. If it does happen, I wish him nothing but the best. He is one heck of a class guy, and has carried himself with class while being here. I think it's time, but I don't agree if they end up just cutting him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":28tu3b3w said:
You have got to be kidding me...this is a joke right?

Sealake80

Reaction score
Kearse will probably be here this year. He is underated by fans IMO.

Pete and John just checking all options. Business as usual.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Can't imagine there is much interest.

Seems like the next bit of news in these cases is the player simply being released.

sutz

Reaction score
Hard to believe right now, with about 1,000 players due to be released this weekend. Gonna be a lot of 5/6 WR on the market as FA, I think.

:229031_shrug:

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":776dorqy said:
CalgaryHawk":776dorqy said:

He's only saving us $2.2 million this season if we cut him. We are on the hook for the last $3.66 million of his signing bonus. Right now that means we actually lose cap space to cut or trade him. It's worth it though if we can upgrade the WR position by keeping other guys.

For some reason I thought a team saved more cap space if they traded a guy to another team rather than cut him, but I realize I must be mistaken about that. I'd prefer to just keep him if there's no cap space to be saved by trading him - keep 7 WRs if they don't want to cut Mcevoy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":39fzrcsc said:
kidhawk":39fzrcsc said:
CalgaryHawk":39fzrcsc said:

For some reason I thought a team saved more cap space if they traded a guy to another team rather than cut him, but I realize I must be mistaken about that. I'd prefer to just keep him if there's no cap space to be saved by trading him - keep 7 WRs if they don't want to cut Mcevoy.

I believe if we are in season, then his contract becomes guaranteed, and thus we'd save cap space by trading him. As it's pre season, we could get the same thing by cutting him as trading him. Either way we are on the hook for the remainder of his signing bonus whether or not we pay his salary.