Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

That's Seahawks football!

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
That's Seahawks football!
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:01 am
  • It's funny to come on here after a win and see so many naysayers! It's a victory, celebrate it! This team has many "ugly" wins every season. That's good, you've got to win the close ones! Throughout this team's success with coach Carroll, it's always started with a strong D and an offense that does just enough to win. It's looking like we're in the drivers seat of this division much earlier in the season than I expected us to be! Enjoy it.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

Re: That's Seahawks football!
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 am
  • You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 am
  • There's still things to be concerned about. But this team won ugly, as they have quite a lot. I'll take it and have a nice couple of weeks football-wise.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:46 am
  • I expected nothing less than an ugly win. That's how this team does it. Don't care how, no style points.
    Obviously they gotta' get that running game rolling. Feels like the Bye week is coming at a real good time too.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 am
  • I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

The Seahawks showed that they are not going to be giving up the division any time soon. It was a GREAT WIN!!

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:55 am
  • Games down to the wire are common, it happens. You should never apologize and/or feel bad about a Win. To say this fan base has become ridiculous spoiled is an understatement.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:57 am
  • Aros wrote:I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

The Seahawks showed that they are not going to be giving up the division any time soon. It was a GREAT WIN!!

Super Bowl winning teams get lucky. A lot.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:58 am
  • Not much was said about Russ saving that pick 6, and them settling for a FG. That was huge.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:01 am
  • I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 am
  • That was a great win heading into the bye week. No significant injuries yesterday.

It's easy to point out how inept Bevell is at this or that, but I'll keep quiet about him after a win. Its great they beat these Rams who they always seem to struggle against. The same Rams that went down to Dallas and won last week.

Go Seahawks!
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 am
  • bmorepunk wrote:
    Aros wrote:I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

Very true. In 2013 the Hawks had a handful of ugly, "lucky" wins. People seem to forget that and think we just cruised to a Super Bowl.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 am
  • It's been at least 3 years since we've had a "clean win" over the Rams, and I don't even know how long since we've dominated them at their house. Any win is a good win over the team that has owned us the last 3 years.

Look at all the flukey wins that Fisher got the Rams to pull off against us. Fake punts, weird trick plays, etc. A handful of their wins came because of weird trick plays that only work once and Fisher uncorked them against us. Guess what? They still counted as wins.

I picked the Hawks to lose yesterday and I couldn't be happier to be wrong. I don't care how it happened.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:32 am
  • They beat the Lambs by 3 touchdowns in Seattle last year.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 am
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    bmorepunk wrote:
    Aros wrote:I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

Very true. In 2013 the Hawks had a handful of ugly, "lucky" wins. People seem to forget that and think we just cruised to a Super Bowl.

Two sayings come to mind.

1. It's better to be lucky than good. ;)

2. The harder I work, the luckier I get. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 am
  • 60 minute game, you could point out plenty of "lucky breaks" for both teams
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks

I am a fully formed sports fan, capable of feeling more than one emotion after games.

So it's not black and white for me. I LOVED how the D played, fast and physical, awesome to see. But I'm still super frustrated with the offense. When the defense gives you TWO turnovers on the Ram's half of the field...........you gotta put the game away.

Cause if Kupp catches that game winner? THAT'S what we're talking about today, another terrible offensive performance. Didn't happen, and that's awesome. But holy moly Russell, put the damn game away when the D gives you the ball on a silver platter at the Ram's 25 with 5 minutes left.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:41 am
  • I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.
    Running game needs to improve. But if people want to be unhappy after a win, go for it. Just not my own preference, that's all. Play calling was ridiculous conservative at the end of the game imo. Hopefully they improve on that and go for the throat in the future. Especially when you just need a first down to seal the deal, and you refuse to call a roll out for Russ. Makes zero sense.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 am
  • Okay I will play along.

So were there plenty of frustrating moments? Hell yes! I was LIVID at the lack of pressure on Goff!! We just couldn't get home and our one and only sack came when Goff fell down. I could have made that sack.

Offense was inept in the first quarter, and really, pretty much throughout. The stats show anything but a prolific showing.

I will say it again, last I checked even Tom Brady and the Patriots don't look all that great every game. It's life in the NFL.

Just happy today that we won a gritty game against a Rams team on the rise in their house.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:58 am
  • Pats just won a game because the Bucs kicker missed 3 field goals. They won another game largely because of crap time management by the Texans. Niners lost to the Lambs on a crap PI call. Lions lost to the Falcons on a very iffy call. Falcons barely beat the Bears. Ugly happens all over the league.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:01 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.
    Running game needs to improve. But if people want to be unhappy after a win, go for it. Just not my own preference, that's all. Play calling was ridiculous conservative at the end of the game imo. Hopefully they improve on that and go for the throat in the future. Especially when you just need a first down to seal the deal, and you refuse to call a roll out for Russ. Makes zero sense.

Exactly, we just said the same thing.

Hell of a win, I'll take it. But big negative takeaway is once again the offense is terrible on the road, even when handed the ball twice on the opponent's side of the field.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 am
  • I'm also amazed at the negative comments, but each to their own.

The lack of pressure on Goff concerned me somewhat, however Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson more than made up for it towards the end, that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

It was the most enjoyable game this season for me and perfect to be able to enjoy it for 2 weeks knowing the last Seahawks game was a win! It would have been truly awful to be sitting at 2-3 heading into the bye with the Rams having a 2 game lead.

We are, hopefully, just starting to get hot...We're in for a hell of a season!
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 am
  • original poster wrote:...that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

DUDE!!! :shock:

He looked like a ninja on fast forward on that play! S I C K

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 am
  • Aros wrote:
    original poster wrote:...that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

DUDE!!! :shock:

He looked like a ninja on fast forward on that play! S I C K

Absolutely unbelievable! He looked like Von Miller!

Glad it wasn't just me blown away by it! Even more impressive considering it was one on one with Andrew Whitworth.
    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:21 am
  • It's crazy to me how so many people could have circled this game as a huge concern even before the season started, then we come out with a HUGE victory (it put us in 1st place) and yet people still complain.

I don't think there's a football game that exists among two teams on a fairly equal playing field where you can't find some issues throughout the game for both teams.

I keep hearing how we were lucky to win because they dropped a pass towards the end of the game in the endzone, yet in other games this year, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with simple mistakes that cost us games, but you didn't hear people say how the other team got lucky....nope, you heard how we sucked. So basically if we make a mistake, we suck and if the opponent makes a mistake, we suck. I don't think I'll ever completely comprehend how that works.

Whenever I think about this game, all I can think is how we held the #1 offense in the league to 10 points.....25 points under their average before Sunday. Are we playing to the level I'd like? Not at all, am I happy to have won going into the bye week, and be sitting in first place right now..hell yes I am

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:23 am
  • original poster wrote:I'm also amazed at the negative comments, but each to their own.

The lack of pressure on Goff concerned me somewhat, however Frank Clark and Sheldon Richardson more than made up for it towards the end, that speed rush from Frank Clark blowing past Andrew Whitworth :shock: :shock:

It was the most enjoyable game this season for me and perfect to be able to enjoy it for 2 weeks knowing the last Seahawks game was a win! It would have been truly awful to be sitting at 2-3 heading into the bye with the Rams having a 2 game lead.

Unfortunately with Avril out now, our D line is getting thinner and thinner........which means for big chunks of the game you're going to see 2nd and 3rd stringers being extremely ineffective. Which is what we saw yesterday.

If we want to keep guys like Bennett, Clark and Richardson halfway fresh, these new guys like Smith and Jones have to step up........or else the starters are just going to wear down, especially come playoff time.

Good time for a bye.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    original poster wrote:I'm also amazed at the negative comments, but each to their own.

Unfortunately with Avril out now, our D line is getting thinner and thinner........which means for big chunks of the game you're going to see 2nd and 3rd stringers being extremely ineffective. Which is what we saw yesterday.

If we want to keep guys like Bennett, Clark and Richardson halfway fresh, these new guys like Smith and Jones have to step up........or else the starters are just going to wear down, especially come playoff time.

Good time for a bye.

I'm personally not as concerned about Avril being out as I am excited about Frank Clark getting more reps. Next man up etc.

I was exactly the same with Jeremy Lane last week, not disappointed he was out, excited that we get to see more of what our rookie Griffin and newcomer Coleman can do.

Naz Jones, Marcus Smith, Jarran Reed etc have shown me nothing that would make me concerned to see them getting more playing time whatsoever, I'd consider our D-Line seriously stacked from top to bottom.
    original poster
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Naz Jones, Marcus Smith, Jarran Reed etc have shown me nothing that would make me concerned to see them getting more playing time whatsoever, I'd consider our D-Line seriously stacked from top to bottom.

Reed played pretty well yesterday, but both Jones and Smith were terrible. We need those guys to play better going forward.

But I agree on Clark, he was a beast.......especially at setting the edge. Brilliant job, Gurley and the Ram's run game had NOTHING.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 am
  • kidhawk wrote:It's crazy to me how so many people could have circled this game as a huge concern even before the season started, then we come out with a HUGE victory (it put us in 1st place) and yet people still complain.

I don't think there's a football game that exists among two teams on a fairly equal playing field where you can't find some issues throughout the game for both teams.

I keep hearing how we were lucky to win because they dropped a pass towards the end of the game in the endzone, yet in other games this year, we shot ourselves in the foot many times with simple mistakes that cost us games, but you didn't hear people say how the other team got lucky....nope, you heard how we sucked. So basically if we make a mistake, we suck and if the opponent makes a mistake, we suck. I don't think I'll ever completely comprehend how that works.

Whenever I think about this game, all I can think is how we held the #1 offense in the league to 10 points.....25 points under their average before Sunday. Are we playing to the level I'd like? Not at all, am I happy to have won going into the bye week, and be sitting in first place right now..hell yes I am

Amen brother!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:49 am
  • Aros wrote:I will never understand negativity after a win. Or how we "escaped" (i.e. got lucky as if we weren't deserving of a victory) with the win. Give me a break. Does Tom Brady throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs every game? Please. Winning is HARD in the NFL. Especially these days when parity rules. To go down to LA and beat what was up until yesterday the most prolific offense in the NFL...That's not luck. That's GRIT.

GRIT....Yes, that's the absolute perfect framing. :vodka:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:59 am
  • Great defense work. I guess us naysayers would be better kept at bay with less punts and field goals or just less three and outs. Overall a good game but I can't seem to think our tight ends throwing a bomb is a wise play. We have more weapons to employ than to outfisher a fisher less team

We had top on outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NOLAHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"

Because they found another way to (as AROS put it) GRIT out a win against one of the most prolific Offenses in the League leading up to this game.
    The Seahawks didn't just roll over for the LA darlings.
    "That's Seahawks Football".
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:05 am
  • I don't get the people saying we "escaped" either. The D forced 5 turnovers from one of the hottest offenses in the league. That's dominant football.

The offense should buy them all dinner though, because holy crap, they still look totally inept.
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 am
  • Looking forward to more "lucky" wins. Or "escaping" with a win. Cool
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I get it, but we're NOT talking about it, because it didn't happen. 60 minutes to score more than 10 points at home. Game could have went either way, plenty of blown opportunities for both teams.

You "Drive For Show, & Putt For Dough"
    The Rams Defense was doing a damned good job of containing RW, and stifling our Run Game, so within the "Last Five Minutes" the Rams D was playing hard nose, they were desperate to get the ball back, WE were to playing MISTAKE FREE football.....Sometimes you just have to play NOT TO LOSE.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 am
  • Maybe, but rolling Russ out when he's running for his life in from the pocket seems almost too conservative. Oh well, they won, all that matters.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 am
  • Missing_Clink wrote:I don't see how a team that is this useless at running the ball could be considered to be playing "Seahawks football"

I'm with the green guy. Zero running game is not what I would call Seahawk football, and I hope I never have to.

I will take the close win though. 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:58 am
  • WindCityHawk wrote:I don't get the people saying we "escaped" either. The D forced 5 turnovers from one of the hottest offenses in the league. That's dominant football.

The offense should buy them all dinner though, because holy crap, they still look totally inept.

Maybe they are saying that beause the rams had the win in the bag if the WR catches the ball :D DESPITE the 5 turnovers

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:07 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:You can't actually be surprised. The Debbie Downer's refuse to enjoy wins. They'd rather point out negatives after a WIN. Oh well, to each his/her own. Go Hawks

I am a fully formed sports fan, capable of feeling more than one emotion after games.

So it's not black and white for me. I LOVED how the D played, fast and physical, awesome to see. But I'm still super frustrated with the offense. When the defense gives you TWO turnovers on the Ram's half of the field...........you gotta put the game away.

Cause if Kupp catches that game winner? THAT'S what we're talking about today, another terrible offensive performance. Didn't happen, and that's awesome. But holy moly Russell, put the damn game away when the D gives you the ball on a silver platter at the Ram's 25 with 5 minutes left.

Oh I agree 100%. The thing that sticks in my mind is that they rang up 375 yards off offense, and we got 5 turnovers. It's not realistic to expect 5 turnovers the next game out.

The thing is, this defensive front with these guys give our guys fits consistently. We knew it going in. Typically we can't run on them at ALL. So we beat them at their house. It's been a while.

No matter how bad their DL dominates our OL, we're 11-1 against them at home in the last 12 games. So if we win the turnover battle, maybe get Carson back, and our OL manages to keep up their annual 2nd half of the year improvement (excepting last year), then it looks pretty good we'll get another win. Barring injuries.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information