Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fire Pete

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Fire Pete
Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
    blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
    This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.
    But its true and yall know it.

:irishdrinkers: :rumble: :pukeface:

Gotta love a bitch thread after a win.

The Win has nothing to do with it. Its the finally getting feed up with the play of our team. If we were a team
    trending up you would be right. But we are a team that barely survived a team that will have 4 wins this year.
    If those WR don't drop those balls we are talking about a very different game. Pete in the offseason made it
    very clear this was HIS offense. And it sucks out loud. Can we a run the ball yes. But we play for FG and the
    4th Quarter. Not u know the whole game. We are stuck in this pattern till pete is gone so FIRE PETE.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ
    I was not looking for a rival today but here we are
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:21 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
    blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
    This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.
    But its true and yall know it.

:irishdrinkers: :rumble: :pukeface:

Gotta love a bitch thread after a win.

The Win has nothing to do with it. Its the finally getting feed up with the play of our team. If we were a team
    trending up you would be right. But we are a team that barely survived a team that will have 4 wins this year.
    If those WR don't drop those balls we are talking about a very different game. Pete in the offseason made it
    very clear this was HIS offense. And it sucks out loud. Can we a run the ball yes. But we play for FG and the
    4th Quarter. Not u know the whole game. We are stuck in this pattern till pete is gone so FIRE PETE.

I never count on any game in the division as a win until the game is over. Anyone who does is a fool.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:22 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

For those that want a name. John DeFilippo.

A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm
  • I wonder who will be the next guy to flip off our coaching staff?
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.

I honestly think Dissly is the bigger loss for this season. Yup, Earl is an All Pro... but he wasn't long for this team. This was going to be an audition season for him to snag a contract someplace else. Dissly is a SOLID young talent.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:36 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:I wonder who will be the next guy to flip off our coaching staff?

Me. I flip them off from my couch.
    Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:37 pm
  • poly1274 wrote:PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?

Tim Ruskell got the Seahawks to the franchises 1st Superbowl. Why did they fire him?

Because over an extended period of time, he proved to not be very good.

With Pete it is definitely trickier, because of how good he is at coaching defense, but he cancels that all out with the mistakes he has consistently made for a half-decade in terms of offensive scheming, and personnel decisions.

Pete is pretty much Jeff Fisher at this point only with slicker, crooked politician presentation. Give Jeff Fisher Russell Wilson, and give Pete Carroll the likes of Case Kennum, Austin Davis, Nick Foles, etc. and Pete would be going 7-9. Hell Pete is probably going to finish under 7-9 this year with Russell Wilson.

-It's either-

A) Pete has been the same guy the whole time, and caught lightning in a bottle (2010-2012). With diminishing returns ever since.

-or-

B) Pete has gotten too old, and the game has passed him by. (It has for him on offense, and game management for sure.)

Regardless of which you choose it leads down the same path. Fired.

Pete is going to get the rest of this season to show if he can get the team to turn the corner. It also what I want to happen, but if it continues the way it is going, it is not looking good for Pete Carroll.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm
  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:55 pm
  • Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

We were one game from the playoffs last year, a position we truly didn't even belong in with the crap play all year.

Name the franchise not named new England who hasn't been in the dumps for a year or two every once in awhile.

And then remember new England gets the bs luxury of the afc east, the biggest joke of a division in the history of the league.

Reminder it was the year after the super bowl the Panthers went what?, 2-14?

NFL= not for long for a distinct reason. Winning for nearly a decade equals harder schedule, cap hits out the wazoo, lower and lower draft picks, the great big bulls eye on your back every week, and oh by the way, our vets who stuck around have nearly played an entire extra season in wear and tear due to post season games than players who haven't played post season football.

Pete will adjust and we'll be right there for the wild card. Probably won't get in, but that's still an accomplishment in this league.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:01 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.

I do not deny Pete can build a solid defense, his specialty is not offense so he is pretty much inept at innovating and evolving by using more exotic packages. Pete is not that guy.

McVay, is an offensive guru and he understands offenses and making them super exciting to watch, but for the first month the Rams defense has not been stellar and that's because McVay doesn't specialize in defense.

I personally believe if you have an 80 or however million dollar QB, you should just my opinion, make the QB run some high powered offenses. But that's just me. I mean what exactly are you paying the man for??? To run the ball and play solid defense??? Gtfo.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:03 pm
  • Optimus25 wrote:Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

We were one game from the playoffs last year, a position we truly didn't even belong in with the crap play all year.

Name the franchise not named new England who hasn't been in the dumps for a year or two every once in awhile.

And then remember new England gets the bs luxury of the afc east, the biggest joke of a division in the history of the league.

NFL= not for long for a distinct reason. Winning for nearly a decade equals harder schedule, cap hits out the wazoo, lower and lower draft picks, the great big bulls eye on your back every week, and oh by the way, our vets who stuck around have nearly played an entire extra season in wear and tear due to post season games than players who haven't played post season football.

Pete will adjust and we'll be right there for the wild card. Probably won't get in, but that's still an accomplishment in this league.

I have been waiting for him to adjust for 5 years.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:03 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:
    Fade wrote:

I do not deny Pete can build a solid defense, his specialty is not offense so he is pretty much inept at innovating and evolving by using more exotic packages. Pete is not that guy.

McVay, is an offensive guru and he understands offenses and making them super exciting to watch, but for the first month the Rams defense has not been stellar and that's because McVay doesn't specialize in defense.

I personally believe if you have an 80 or however million dollar QB, you should just my opinion, make the QB run some high powered offenses. But that's just me. I mean what exactly are you paying the man for??? To run the ball and play solid defense??? Gtfo.

Perhaps because we overpaid terribly w/that $80million contract and it, along with the SB loss, has soured the team ever since and people are finally more willing to admit it?

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:05 pm
  • When it comes to offense and Defense what have we heard from everybody pete is a ill do it my way
    beat me at it well they are beating us all over the field he won't change so its time to move on
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    poly1274 wrote:PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?

Tim Ruskell got the Seahawks to the franchises 1st Superbowl. Why did they fire him?

Because over an extended period of time, he proved to not be very good.

With Pete it is definitely trickier, because of how good he is at coaching defense, but he cancels that all out with the mistakes he has consistently made for a half-decade in terms of offensive scheming, and personnel decisions.

Pete is pretty much Jeff Fisher at this point only with slicker, crooked politician presentation. Give Jeff Fisher Russell Wilson, and give Pete Carroll the likes of Case Kennum, Austin Davis, Nick Foles, etc. and Pete would be going 7-9. Hell Pete is probably going to finish under 7-9 this year with Russell Wilson.

-It's either-

A) Pete has been the same guy the whole time, and caught lightning in a bottle (2010-2012). With diminishing returns ever since.

-or-

B) Pete has gotten too old, and the game has passed him by. (It has for him on offense, and game management for sure.)

Regardless of which you choose it leads down the same path. Fired.

Pete is going to get the rest of this season to show if he can get the team to turn the corner. It also what I want to happen, but if it continues the way it is going, it is not looking good for Pete Carroll.

Tim Ruskell had very little to do with the Super Bowl XL team. He was hired in the offseason leading up to that Super Bowl season. That was clearly Holmgrens team. Ruskell gets credit for making a few FA moves but the core of that team was already in place.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:08 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:When it comes to offense and Defense what have we heard from everybody pete is a ill do it my way
    beat me at it well they are beating us all over the field he won't change so its time to move on

Agreed. He bought himself some time with another season by overhauling the coaching staff but the results are repeating themselves so, yes, it's time for him to move on. Unlikely to happen mid season of course but fewer and fewer fans will want to see Pete version 2019 next fall...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:11 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Year of The Hawk wrote:

Perhaps because we overpaid terribly w/that $80million contract and it, along with the SB loss, has soured the team ever since and people are finally more willing to admit it?

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!

The offensive production simply is not justified by what the Seahawks are paying Wilson and will pay him if he is extended.

Am I wrong? Does anyone here honestly believe if Wilson is extended all of the sudden, the Seahawks will be much more efficient offensively??

It's not likely.

It's only been a month but it's been years of seeing Carroll's offense completely sputter drive after drive after drive.

You know what also irks me about Carroll?? He continually preaches, you cannot win the first quarter, the second quarter, the third quarter but you can win the fourth quarter! Get the f outta here!!

That almost makes it sounds like you he is accepting of not scoring points until the fourth quarter. Smh.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:18 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Optimus25 wrote:Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

I have been waiting for him to adjust for 5 years.

Lol. Oh trust me, I'm with you.

But i promise he's leaving on his own terms. There's been way, way, way too much success here. And by that statement, i meant more about things like the empty sets on third down, the terrible 3rd and 1 call today, the poor secondary play etc.

Pete has proven conclusively he will not change his overall philosophy of slow, ridiculous and laughable first halves combined with a grind it out, win by the seat of your pants game flow.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:23 pm
  • oldhawkfan wrote:
    Tim Ruskell had very little to do with the Super Bowl XL team. He was hired in the offseason leading up to that Super Bowl season. That was clearly Holmgrens team. Ruskell gets credit for making a few FA moves but the core of that team was already in place.

I am aware of that. It didn't stop fans from using "In Ruskell we trust" to defend all of the poor moves he was making.

Sort of like now. "But, but, the superbowl that one time, a half-decade ago", while simultaneously ignoring failing to cash in on a once in a 50 yr type of roster. While stumbling and tripping over himself, in Free Agency, The Draft, and most egregiously failing to compete and upgrade his coaching staff, setting a double standard.

He also lost the lockerroom so bad he had to blow the team up, because they were on the verge of mutiny.

Fans are going to exonerate him for 5 yrs of mistakes, and keep their head in the sand. Not on my watch.

Time to deal with reality.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Maybe? Just maybe?

GO HAWKS!

The offensive production simply is not justified by what the Seahawks are paying Wilson and will pay him if he is extended.

Am I wrong? Does anyone here honestly believe if Wilson is extended all of the sudden, the Seahawks will be much more efficient offensively??

It's not likely.

It's only been a month but it's been years of seeing Carroll's offense completely sputter drive after drive after drive.

You know what also irks me about Carroll?? He continually preaches, you cannot win the first quarter, the second quarter, the third quarter but you can win the fourth quarter! Get the f outta here!!

That almost makes it sounds like you he is accepting of not scoring points until the fourth quarter. Smh.

More and more are seeing it as your above post lays it out.
    Some in this place will go Sutherland on you for saying it but don't pay them no mind. You keep on keeping it real.

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    oldhawkfan wrote:

I am aware of that. It didn't stop fans from using "In Ruskell we trust" to defend all of the poor moves he was making.

Sort of like now. "But, but, the superbowl that one time, a half-decade ago", while simultaneously ignoring failing to cash in on a once in a 50 yr type of roster. While stumbling and tripping over himself, in Free Agency, The Draft, and most egregiously failing to compete and upgrade his coaching staff, setting a double standard.

He also lost the lockerroom so bad he had to blow the team up, because they were on the verge of mutiny.

Fans are going to exonerate him for 5 yrs of mistakes, and keep their head in the sand. Not on my watch.

Time to deal with reality.

Right on...right on...right on...

This place is looking up with contributions like yours.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm
  • \we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:39 pm
  • hawkcrazzed wrote:\we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

I sometimes wonder late at night right before sleep takes me what a coach like Belichick would have done with the almost-dynasty Seahawks.

Would we still be thrashing teams on our way to another almost-certain Super Bowl?

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:40 pm
  • Can the new ownership please administer IQ tests before allowing nitwits to post? The baseline should be at least 70. Remember to subtract 10 points if they can't even spell their user name correctly.

Pete is not the problem. We're 2-2 despite a tough opening schedule that included three road games, new schemes, and new starters. This team lacks top-shelf talent. That is our problem. Not coaching.
    "It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."
    Thunderhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:44 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:Can the new ownership please administer IQ tests before allowing nitwits to post? The baseline should be at least 70. Remember to subtract 10 points if they can't even spell their user name correctly.

Pete is not the problem. We're 2-2 despite a tough opening schedule that included three road games, new schemes, and new starters. This team lacks top-shelf talent. That is our problem. Not coaching.

What was going through your mind as you watched the offense today, especially 3rd down? Also what do you think of Pete Carroll's interesting use of timeouts?
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:47 pm
  • Thunderhawk wrote:Can the new ownership please administer IQ tests before allowing nitwits to post? The baseline should be at least 70. Remember to subtract 10 points if they can't even spell their user name correctly.

Friday night I crashed your party
    Saturday I said I'm sorry
    Sunday came and trashed me out again
    I was only having fun
    Wasn't hurting any one
    And we all enjoyed the weekend for a change
    I've been stranded in the combat zone
    I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
    Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
    And you told me not to drive
    But I made it home alive
    So you said that only proves that I'm insane
    You may be right
    I may be crazy
    But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
    Turn out the light
    Don't try to save me
    You may be wrong for all I know
    But you may be right
    Remember how I found you there
    Alone in your electric chair
    I told you dirty jokes until you smiled
    You were lonely for a man
    I said take me as I am
    'Cause you might enjoy some madness for a while
    Now think…

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:48 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:\we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

I sometimes wonder late at night right before sleep takes me what a coach like Belichick would have done with the almost-dynasty Seahawks.

Would we still be thrashing teams on our way to another almost-certain Super Bowl?

I'm PRETTY sure Seattle and New England have the same record right now.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:48 pm
  • 6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and
    Philly will all fall back to the median and have to rebuild. And the OCs will be the first thrown under the bus because thats how it goes.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:50 pm
  • justafan wrote:6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and
    Philly will all fall back to the median and have to rebuild. And the OCs will be the first thrown under the bus because thats how it goes.

True.

GO HAWKS!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm
  • justafan wrote:6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and

It seems pretty hypocritical in all honesty.

Folks want it both ways
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    justafan wrote:6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and

Folks want it both ways

You mean it isn't a video game and we can't score 50-0 every week with 400yds passing and a 200yd rusher, with 2 defensive scores and a return for TD? You shattered my hopes and dreams!

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:57 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    justafan wrote:6 years ago people were saying pete revolutionized the game by playing defense and running the ball.He invented the compete mantra.Now he sucks because running the ball and playing defense is stupid. He will eventually be forced out just like every other coach who is the new hot ticket. Salary cap and age wrecks all teams and the Rams Vikings Chiefs and

Folks want it both ways

You mean it isn't a video game and we can't score 50-0 every week with 400yds passing and a 200yd rusher, with 2 defensive scores and a return for TD? You shattered my hopes and dreams!

Justafan nailed it though

Yeah the offense has struggled. People have been clamoring for a return to the glory days. This is how they started. And people want something else too

I do expect more from Russ and thats on the staff. But this isnt much different than early in his career. Just no magic scramble plays
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:57 pm
  • 5 straight years of getting worse.

Notice a trend yet?
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:
    hawkcrazzed wrote:\we had a roster that would have made us a dynasty if not for Pete. Let that set in then tell me he should stay.

You really want to compare these two teams' Super Bowl records since "the pass" of 2015?

Hint: one team has a SB record - the other hasn't sniffed a SB since then.

C'mon now, stop being silly.

One was a dynasty while the other could have been.

The real question is if the 2012 Seahawks were in fact more talented than any NE team during the Belichick era and if so, would a coach like Belichik have been far superior in building a longer-term winning franchise than what was accomplished by Pete Carroll?

Belichick (and Tom Brady and co.) has taken NE to the Super Bowl 8 times and won 5 during a remarkable 18-year run.

So, again, I wonder if a Belichick/Seahawks combo would have given similar or even better results given the incredible talent the Seahawks had during their peak years of 2013-2016. Would much of that team still be together and winning or would it have fallen apart regardless?

GO HAWKS!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 pm
  • Pete is a defensive minded coach on a team with average defensive assets.

Worse, Pete is a great strategic coach but near worthless tactically on gameday. His entire success has been built on finding better athletes, empowering them, maximizing their abilities and 'out athleting' the opposing team.

He is tremendous at finding talent, developing it and honing it to give him amazing advantages over the competition.

But, when fails to do that - he is effectively worthless. He is a tremendous motivator, scout, and developer. He is a god-awful CEO.

He was able to do talent arbitrage where he found teams undervalued certain positions (safety and RB as a for instance) and discounted athletes with size/speed #s because they did not meet the measurables. He might not have invented the era of the big corners but he certainly sped the adoption. Before he got here - teams were still shooting for small super fast guys. Big slower guys were almost disregarded.

His ability to build great defenses and develop great defensive players helped here as he built one of the greatest NFL defenses ever, and arguably the best secondary ever (one of 4 opponent drives ending in a turnover on that SB run has to be a record).

We would never have made the SB or won the SB without him.

BUT if we are getting rid of great safeties or DEs because 'what have you done for me lately?' then you have to do the same for the coaches.

Pete is history. He cannot adapt and his advantage in being able to get talent + develop it is gone. The rest of the league looks for the same kind of talent now, guys like Kam or Sherman are no longer disregarded.

His offensive ideas are stale. He is old and his ideas on winning football are old and outdated. And to the question "What have you done for me lately?", the answer for him is nothing. He has done nothing for this team lately save hold it back.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:08 pm
  • Belichek rarely pays his vets and gets free spending with a HoF qb making a pittance.

If he was coaching here Wilson might be the only player left.

Pats fans should know that.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Fade wrote:5 straight years of getting worse.

Notice a trend yet?

That's above the rim posting right there.

You just decimated the opposition.

Well done.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:15 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:

You really want to compare these two teams' Super Bowl records since "the pass" of 2015?

Hint: one team has a SB record - the other hasn't sniffed a SB since then.

C'mon now, stop being silly.

One was a dynasty while the other could have been.

The real question is if the 2012 Seahawks were in fact more talented than any NE team during the Belichick era and if so, would a coach like Belichik have been far superior in building a longer-term winning franchise than what was accomplished by Pete Carroll?

Belichick (and Tom Brady and co.) has taken NE to the Super Bowl 8 times and won 5 during a remarkable 18-year run.

So, again, I wonder if a Belichick/Seahawks combo would have given similar or even better results given the incredible talent the Seahawks had during their peak years of 2013-2016. Would much of that team still be together and winning or would it have fallen apart regardless?
    !

It sounds like you've got a man crush on Belichick, I hear Gronk jerseys are on sale. Keep talking, eventually you'll say something that makes sense.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:15 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Pete is a defensive minded coach on a team with average defensive assets.

Worse, Pete is a great strategic coach but near worthless tactically on gameday. His entire success has been built on finding better athletes, empowering them, maximizing their abilities and 'out athleting' the opposing team.

He is tremendous at finding talent, developing it and honing it to give him amazing advantages over the competition.

But, when fails to do that - he is effectively worthless. He is a tremendous motivator, scout, and developer. He is a god-awful CEO.

He was able to do talent arbitrage where he found teams undervalued certain positions (safety and RB as a for instance) and discounted athletes with size/speed #s because they did not meet the measurables. He might not have invented the era of the big corners but he certainly sped the adoption. Before he got here - teams were still shooting for small super fast guys. Big slower guys were almost disregarded.

His ability to build great defenses and develop great defensive players helped here as he built one of the greatest NFL defenses ever, and arguably the best secondary ever (one of 4 opponent drives ending in a turnover on that SB run has to be a record).

BUT if we are getting rid of great safeties or DEs because 'what have you done for me lately?' then you have to do the same for the coaches.

Pete is history. He cannot adapt and his advantage in being able to get talent + develop it is gone. The rest of the league looks for the same kind of talent now, guys like Kam or Sherman are no longer disregarded.

His offensive ideas are stale. He is old and his ideas on winning football are old and outdated. And to the question "What have you done for me lately?", the answer for him is nothing. He has done nothing for this team lately save hold it back.

It doesn't matter how many superbowls you won. Eventually, your words become hollow, you overstay your welcome, people want something new and your time runs out.

If every coach that has ever won and a Super Bowl was still coaching and their formula works, they would win superbowls every year.

Carroll for the most part has been figured out and he is not one to change or adjust. He knows only what he knows and his formula no longer works.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:18 pm

6 years ago we had the talent to do it. Now we don't, but that doesn't deter Pete from sticking with the same old plan although its not working. That's the problem. If something isn't working, you try something else. Pete refuses to do that.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:

6 years ago we had the talent to do it. Now we don't, but that doesn't deter Pete from sticking with the same old plan although its not working. That's the problem. If something isn't working, you try something else. Pete refuses to do that.

Totally agree. What I don't know is if he chooses not to or he's unable to do it.

At any rate he clearly seems to be on his way out which at this point is for the best.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:

He brought the talent to the system though.

Fine if you dont think he can do it again. But he didnt inherit the team fans remember so fondly

Most coaches are pretty inflexible. Just depends on patience and trust at this point
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:31 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Pete is a defensive minded coach on a team with average defensive assets.

It doesn't matter how many superbowls you won. Eventually, your words become hollow, you overstay your welcome, people want something new and your time runs out.

If every coach that has ever won and a Super Bowl was still coaching and their formula works, they would win superbowls every year.

Carroll for the most part has been figured out and he is not one to change or adjust. He knows only what he knows and his formula no longer works.

Sure miss those few years when being a Seahawk fan meant nobody in the league had it better with the exception of the Patriots which back then we were very worthy rivals for the top dog spot.

Now we're just dogs.

Oh well, there's always hope we'll return after the real-deal reset button is pushed. Will take a few seasons but it could happen.

GO HAWKS!
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:38 pm
  • The record skip again?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:The record skip again?

Some folks have a short train of thought on a split track... it'll come back around and repeat again. hahahah

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:00 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:The record skip again?

Some folks have a short train of thought on a split track... it'll come back around and repeat again. hahahah

Ok no problem boss we will just shut up and u know let the team go down the crapper and be all like we
    won the superbowl 5 years ago like the Niners fans are doing with there dusty 80s championships
    and just remember the good old days cause pete is the greatest thing since sliced bread and we have
    to just let him have free reign cause superbowl no like we can see the team is turning to crap and he
    just spews the same crap day after day cause fun sunshine and rainbows and cottoncandy
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm
  • Fade wrote:5 straight years of getting worse.

Notice a trend yet?

What is the x-axis here?
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:14 pm
  • What always gets lost in the shuffle when comparing the Seahawks and Patriots is the actual talent of the rosters.

The Seahawks had the #1 DVOA roster an unheard of 4 straight seasons. The Patriots never approached that level of roster dominance. Only the 90's Cowboys are a similar comp. They won 3. All Pete had to do was stay out of his own way, and he wins 2. Coach a little smarter, he wins 3. If he gets really lucky, total fluke he wins 4.

He barely won 1. Keapernick saved Pete's bacon in the NFCCG.

That being said, it's not about the amount of Superbowls the team could've won anymore.

The reason why people want Pete out is the well documented last 5 ( A half-decade) off-seasons of net failure in personnel acquisition, the unwillingness to evolve with the game on offense. Recognize his shortcomings in this area, and hire a brilliant offensive mind to take care of that side of the ball. Thus then letting Pete hyper focus on his defense which would make it even better. The stubborn man would rather go down with the ship, then so be it.

Teams have down periods, it happens, but once you cross the 5 yr mark of getting worse it can no longer be used as an excuse. It is the projection of the franchise. I guess Ruskell should've gotten more time base on this logic, he only had 4 yrs of a downward trend and as the GM for 5 seasons his teams made the playoffs 3 times, including a Superbowl. But as you all know the devil's in the details. Ruskell was terrible. The last 5 yrs Pete has been terrible.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 pm
  • Did Mora sire any boys?

Kidding. Obviously.
    enjoy the ride
    HomerJHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Fine if you dont think he can do it again. But he didnt inherit the team fans remember so fondly

Most coaches are pretty inflexible. Just depends on patience and trust at this point

Yes, he brought in the talent. Who has he brought in who has been an elite player since the 2012 draft?

1. Frank Clark (elite flashes but inconsistent)
    2. BMac (elite so far this year)
    3. Coleman (top slot corner)

Who do we have left who is an elite player?

1. Russell Wilson
    2. Bobby Wagner
    3. KJ Wright (missed a quarter of the season already)
    4. Doug Baldwin (also hurt)

Does PCJS track record from 2015 to now inspire confidence? With the four draft picks (1, 3, 4, 5) that we have in 2019? We aren't getting anything for Earl now. So we trade down and maybe get another third. Depends on how high we pick this year, to be honest. But that means we likely miss out on the top tier DL talent at the top of the first.

Talent is going to be hard to find. It's time to evolve the offensive philosophy and the scheme.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 am
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:

Yes, he brought in the talent. Who has he brought in who has been an elite player since the 2012 draft?

1. Frank Clark (elite flashes but inconsistent)
    2. BMac (elite so far this year)
    3. Coleman (top slot corner)

Who do we have left who is an elite player?

1. Russell Wilson
    2. Bobby Wagner
    3. KJ Wright (missed a quarter of the season already)
    4. Doug Baldwin (also hurt)

Does PCJS track record from 2015 to now inspire confidence? With the four draft picks (1, 3, 4, 5) that we have in 2019? We aren't getting anything for Earl now. So we trade down and maybe get another third. Depends on how high we pick this year, to be honest. But that means we likely miss out on the top tier DL talent at the top of the first.

Talent is going to be hard to find. It's time to evolve the offensive philosophy and the scheme.

So just as we start being able to run the ball and control the clock, abandon it to a pass happy team that can't pass block with defenders having their ears back and teeing off every snap and expect good results?

Sounds like a winner to me.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information