Fire Pete

907Hawk

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":3htcfxsz said:
hawknation2018":3htcfxsz said:
Dumb

It’s a transition year after losing a lot of talent due to injury and contract.

Ya and it looks like homegren's last year. Pete is lost only wants yes men. And at the end of the day
we are on the downside of his time here. This team can't get any better it can only get worse. If you
liked that game today don't watch other Nfl games. They don't look like that dog turd. All im asking
is for this team to have a chance to play better.

Nice "hawkcrazzed Hot Takes" can I get your Twitter handle, I feel like I've been missing out. :irishdrinkers:

Fade

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2qselu2h said:
You would never know by this thread that we just won a game.

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

For those that want a name. John DeFilippo.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Fade":2inbmqck said:
Year of The Hawk":2inbmqck said:

Sometime when you win you really lose. And sometime when you lose you really win.

The seahawks lost all over the place today. Will Dissly, Earl Thomas, setting offensive football back 50 yrs, clock management, 3rd down playcalling, etc.

The Seahawks won the game, but in the grand picture they really lost. Just like last year in AZ.

Fire Pete might be a little too pre-emptive at this juncture. But analytically Pete is trending towards being fired at the end of the year. The offense is schematically designed to not score points, but to run for the sake of running, except when you should run. Then you go empty, and have everyone run deep. Dumb.

You’re probably the best poster on this board. Great post.

Steve2222

Reaction score
crosfam":2aj0dax7 said:
Lots of "New Blood" coaches are gone after just a few seasons. Often after digging a larger hole then the one they found. .

That said, a year too early is better than a year too late. I see somebody like David Shaw here in 1-2 years.

David Shaw? Gross.

poly1274

Reaction score
PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":194516mi said:
That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.
But its true and yall know it.

:irishdrinkers: :rumble: :pukeface:

Gotta love a bitch thread after a win.

Boom84

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3peggh0z said:
The argument is always: who is available that’s better?

Until you have that answer, firing the most successful coach in Seahawks history is being a reactionary fool.

I know fan is short for fanatic, but you don’t have to always abandon reason and logic to cheer for a team.

Agreed, and thank you for bringing reason and sense to the thread.

The talent base on this team is in transition, and they are still carrying some dead weight in Prosise, Hill, Vannett, Madden, Marshall, King, and Jordan. When upgrades can be found for these players, in addition to the others developing, this roster will be in a position to compete for a championship.

As for Pete and the coaches, they've done a good job thus far. They've gotten the formula back to what it needs to be in emphasizing the run and it showed the last two weeks. There's still room to grow in getting Russell to function more effectively within the offense, and scheming up pass rush / 3rd down plays, but I believe they are on the right track.

Ultimately this team had too many fatal flaws coming into this year even with all the changes to be a championship team, so being competitive and possibly challenge for a playoff spot is all I expected this year. I think that will happen, and looking forward to this offseason when the team can take another step back to greatness.

As for any replacement for Pete, if that were to happen, I would only be excited for Chris Peterson at this point.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Steve2222":3roicvns said:
hawknation2018":3roicvns said:
Dumb

The past 2 1/4 years have been transition years. For the past 2 1/4 years, this offense has been an absolute train wreck that is not fun to watch.

We went from ****y Bevell to even ****ier Schottenheimer. That’s on Pete and John.
I get your point, but it's more so Carroll.

Schneider is really just Carroll's puppet.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Let’s review. 3 of the first 4 games on the road, new coordinators on both sides of the ball, had a chance to win the first two at the end of each game, currently sitting at 2-2, pro bowlers and playmakers on both sides of the ball no longer Seahawks, Pete Carroll teams generally play better at the end of the season...

If they don’t win every game 35-0 in dominating fashion by all 3 units, people on this board go ballistic. I’ve heard fans of other teams refer to the Seahawks by numerous names including chicken hawks. I’m thinking many of our fan base are the chicken littles. Enjoy the damn win for what it was...a win.

They are a young team with new DCand OC. There’s bound to be growing pains.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2jv3rwpq said:
Spin Doctor":2jv3rwpq said:
hawknation2018":2jv3rwpq said:
Dumb

People keep saying "transitional year", but what I saw out there was bad coaching, and a team that looked unprepared, and incompetent. Pete Carroll tried his hardest to lose the game with the way he called it. This has become a trend over the last few seasons.

What you have is an almost entirely new coaching staff and team trying to figure out how to gel. Patience.

And yet the same offensive issues plaguing us since the end of 2015 persist. How long are you willing to give Pete to get this offense rolling?

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
Aros":vvjfiti2 said:
hawkcrazzed":vvjfiti2 said:
That's right the most wins for us an all. Pack his bags the game has passed him. Lets get some new
blood in here who can actually scheme. Just so I don't have to see the 3rd and 1 and pass or empty.
This team is going down the crapper and he is the head. Its time to move on. Start the hating rage on.

The Win has nothing to do with it. Its the finally getting feed up with the play of our team. If we were a team
trending up you would be right. But we are a team that barely survived a team that will have 4 wins this year.
If those WR don't drop those balls we are talking about a very different game. Pete in the offseason made it
very clear this was HIS offense. And it sucks out loud. Can we a run the ball yes. But we play for FG and the
4th Quarter. Not u know the whole game. We are stuck in this pattern till pete is gone so FIRE PETE.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawkcrazzed":k6n4f3az said:
Aros":k6n4f3az said:
hawkcrazzed":k6n4f3az said:

The Win has nothing to do with it. Its the finally getting feed up with the play of our team. If we were a team
trending up you would be right. But we are a team that barely survived a team that will have 4 wins this year.
If those WR don't drop those balls we are talking about a very different game. Pete in the offseason made it
very clear this was HIS offense. And it sucks out loud. Can we a run the ball yes. But we play for FG and the
4th Quarter. Not u know the whole game. We are stuck in this pattern till pete is gone so FIRE PETE.

I never count on any game in the division as a win until the game is over. Anyone who does is a fool.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Fade":264zplzp said:
Year of The Hawk":264zplzp said:

A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I wonder who will be the next guy to flip off our coaching staff?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2kl42n96 said:
Fade":2kl42n96 said:
Year of The Hawk":2kl42n96 said:

A win is a win. The only thing we lost in this victory was Earl Thomas. Yes there are lots of things to fix but you get those in either a win or a loss. I would rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss. As another poster mentioned earlier we have new players and coaches. Things need time to gel. We won despite that.

I honestly think Dissly is the bigger loss for this season. Yup, Earl is an All Pro... but he wasn't long for this team. This was going to be an audition season for him to snag a contract someplace else. Dissly is a SOLID young talent.

Fade

Reaction score
poly1274":og039vh3 said:
PC and JS were the first one in this franchise that got us the first Superbowl Win. And now you want him gone?

Tim Ruskell got the Seahawks to the franchises 1st Superbowl. Why did they fire him?

Because over an extended period of time, he proved to not be very good.

With Pete it is definitely trickier, because of how good he is at coaching defense, but he cancels that all out with the mistakes he has consistently made for a half-decade in terms of offensive scheming, and personnel decisions.

Pete is pretty much Jeff Fisher at this point only with slicker, crooked politician presentation. Give Jeff Fisher Russell Wilson, and give Pete Carroll the likes of Case Kennum, Austin Davis, Nick Foles, etc. and Pete would be going 7-9. Hell Pete is probably going to finish under 7-9 this year with Russell Wilson.

-It's either-

A) Pete has been the same guy the whole time, and caught lightning in a bottle (2010-2012). With diminishing returns ever since.

-or-

B) Pete has gotten too old, and the game has passed him by. (It has for him on offense, and game management for sure.)

Regardless of which you choose it leads down the same path. Fired.

Pete is going to get the rest of this season to show if he can get the team to turn the corner. It also what I want to happen, but if it continues the way it is going, it is not looking good for Pete Carroll.

Fade

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3ln1fndw said:
Fade":3ln1fndw said:
Year of The Hawk":3ln1fndw said:

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Jeez. Go visit cowboys zone if you want to see true meltdown and complete disarray.

We were one game from the playoffs last year, a position we truly didn't even belong in with the crap play all year.

Name the franchise not named new England who hasn't been in the dumps for a year or two every once in awhile.

And then remember new England gets the bs luxury of the afc east, the biggest joke of a division in the history of the league.

Reminder it was the year after the super bowl the Panthers went what?, 2-14?

NFL= not for long for a distinct reason. Winning for nearly a decade equals harder schedule, cap hits out the wazoo, lower and lower draft picks, the great big bulls eye on your back every week, and oh by the way, our vets who stuck around have nearly played an entire extra season in wear and tear due to post season games than players who haven't played post season football.

Pete will adjust and we'll be right there for the wild card. Probably won't get in, but that's still an accomplishment in this league.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":ege2fia3 said:
Year of The Hawk":ege2fia3 said:
Fade":ege2fia3 said:
Year of The Hawk":ege2fia3 said:

How come McVay didn't need time to gel? He inhereted the 32nd ranked offense. In his 1st year I believe they led the league in scoring.
I do not deny Pete can build a solid defense, his specialty is not offense so he is pretty much inept at innovating and evolving by using more exotic packages. Pete is not that guy.

McVay, is an offensive guru and he understands offenses and making them super exciting to watch, but for the first month the Rams defense has not been stellar and that's because McVay doesn't specialize in defense.

I personally believe if you have an 80 or however million dollar QB, you should just my opinion, make the QB run some high powered offenses. But that's just me. I mean what exactly are you paying the man for??? To run the ball and play solid defense??? Gtfo.