Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Seahawks @ Raiders)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Early edition!!

The first time the Seahawks travel across the pond for a game. I have no clue of the logistics or what the challenges will be for the team playing a game out of the country. Could be a real thing, could be no big deal. Either way, the Seahawks face a rather unimpressive Raider team. I agree with the majority. Should be a win but it won't be convincing. Travel, playing down to the opponent play a role.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Raiders 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-0

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 19-16, Seahawks
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 35 Raiders 14. 200 yards total rushing. 2 and 3 to date.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• Converted to Local Points

Seattle 26.097 (30)
    Oakland 14.78 (17)
    Last edited by DynoHawk on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    DynoHawk
    NET Veteran

• The Raiders have been pretty bad this year, I'm not sure anyone was expecting that.

If we keep the momentum we had against the Rams, like on the Offense, and the Defense can get it's act together and not allow 30+ points then we have a good chance at winning this for sure.

Seahawks: 28
    Raiders: 17

Record - 3-2
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• Hawks played way better than I thought they would last Sunday. That's the best they have looked against the Rams since the early Russell Wilson era, and the version we saw of the Rams on Sunday was one of the better versions. The question is if the Seahawks can keep it rolling and keep improving, or if we just saw the common case of being fired up and rising to meet a superior opponent. We'll find out. I'm hoping for the best.

Seahawks 24
    Raiders 17

My Record to Date: 4-1
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Seahawk_Dan wrote:The Raiders have been pretty bad this year, I'm not sure anyone was expecting that.

If we keep the momentum we had against the Rams, like on the Offense, and the Defense can get it's act together and not allow 30+ points then we have a good chance at winning this for sure.

Record - 3-2

No one expected it? They weren’t that good last year and they traded their best player. I guess it wasn’t necessarily expected, but there were certainly indications that they were going to be a flawed team. Y’all should beat them.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

• JRobinson wrote:
    Seahawk_Dan wrote:The Raiders have been pretty bad this year, I'm not sure anyone was expecting that.

Record - 3-2

No one expected it? They weren’t that good last year and they traded their best player. I guess it wasn’t necessarily expected, but there were certainly indications that they were going to be a flawed team. Y’all should beat them.

I should clarify. I don't think people expected them to be this bad, they're just plain awful.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• 'Hawks: 1,278,012
    Raiders: -12
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seattle - 16
    Raiders - 13

Lynch scores and flips Carroll off.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Whatever the challenges of playing 'across the pond' and in that time zone, they are equally shared by both sides. So that should even out, and we should crush the ray-duhs. Just gotta somewhat contain Beastmode.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• 26-17 Hawks

Ytd: 5-0
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• After starting the season with a defensive gauntlet, the Seahawks are finally able to breathe and play a terrible defense

Seahawks 38
    Raiders 24

RTD: 4-1
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk_Dan wrote:
    JRobinson wrote:
    Seahawk_Dan wrote:The Raiders have been pretty bad this year, I'm not sure anyone was expecting that.

Record - 3-2

I should clarify. I don't think people expected them to be this bad, they're just plain awful.

Yeah, I don’t think people and pundits alike pictured this Oakland team being inept. But you’re right, they are.
    JRobinson
    NET Practice Squad

• 24-17 Hawks ...lots of runs on both sides...clock burner game...over in 2 hrs,43 min. :irishdrinkers:
    xray
    NET Starter

• They have to travel too, and even though it's their home game, there will be no advantage. In fact, I bet the crowd leans towards us since we went to a couple SB's recently. And we rock.

Hawks 27

Raiduh's 13
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• BlueThunder wrote:They have to travel too, and even though it's their home game, there will be no advantage. In fact, I bet the crowd leans towards us since we went to a couple SB's recently. And we rock.

Hawks 27

Raiduh's 13

I think the Hawks have a pretty decent UK following actually... Go Hawks! :2thumbs:

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Early edition!!

The first time the Seahawks travel across the pond for a game. I have no clue of the logistics or what the challenges will be for the team playing a game out of the country. Could be a real thing, could be no big deal. Either way, the Seahawks face a rather unimpressive Raider team. I agree with the majority. Should be a win but it won't be convincing. Travel, playing down to the opponent play a role.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Raiders 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-0

You do realize that if you picked Seattle to win every week they would!
    Use the force Luuuuuuuukkeee! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Aros wrote:I think the Hawks have a pretty decent UK following actually... Go Hawks! :2thumbs:

And a few of them here at .Net!
    :irishdrinkers:

Honestly, I'm really looking forward to how our D does against Lynch. Boy I bet he's glad our old D is gone! :lol: He better not bust off a "Beastquake" type run against us. You just KNOW he's salivating to do just that! Don't wanna see it! :evil: Just like I don't wanna see a pick-6 from Sherm when we play the 9ers...

Plus between this place and FB, just in my little world, there are a ton of actual Seahawks fans making the trip. Hell, I almost went for it... Very close. So if the crowd gets unusually loud when the Raiders are on offense, we are "officially" the best traveling team in the league... :D
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

RIP Les
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Hawks 27
    Raiders 24
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Derek Carr gets in a groove and throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs. Jared Cook has an impressive game. Marshawn plays inspired football, and flips off Pete Carroll after each first down he gets.

The equipment manager brings the wrong pair of cleats for the Wimbley pitch, as our guys slip and slide around all game.

Jankowski misses 2 field goals, one on purpose.

Raiders 30 Seahawks 27
    hawks85 wrote:Seattle played like crap today. It’s over 5-6.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Let's Hope we send Chuckie home with a sad frown on his face
    Hawks 24 Raiders 13
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• The last game was inspiring and I hope it was the start of a trend.

SEA - 27
    OAK - 17

Record: 4 - 1
    Seahawk
    NET Rookie

• I think the Hawks have a bit of a let down game, but still win it.

Hawks 23, Raiders 20

RTD 3-2
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:They have to travel too, and even though it's their home game, there will be no advantage. In fact, I bet the crowd leans towards us since we went to a couple SB's recently. And we rock.

Hawks 27

Raiduh's 13

I think the Hawks have a pretty decent UK following actually... Go Hawks! :2thumbs:

Damn right 8) 8)
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• big win

Hawks 34-13

YTD 2-3
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Aros wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:They have to travel too, and even though it's their home game, there will be no advantage. In fact, I bet the crowd leans towards us since we went to a couple SB's recently. And we rock.

Hawks 27

Raiduh's 13

Very true. Attended the Miami game last year at Wembley and they were the biggest supported team there (jersey count) after the 2 teams playing.

Go Hawks!
    AlbaHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seahawks 30
    Raiders 20

Season Record to Date: 4-1
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• A wondrous Wembley day.

Hawks 27
    Raiders 20
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawks 17 Hard to say which Hawk's team shows up.
    Oakland 13
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• 28-13 hawks!
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    NET Veteran

• 34-9 Hawks

2-1
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Starter

• Reporters are saying the Seahawks look fresh and the Raiders look groggy. Let’s see how this plays out.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• I project that we sink the Raiders to the bottom of the English Channel. I can't be the only one who recognizes that the Seahawks have a complete game going on now, with our offense, the defense and our special teams. A game that they can take out, on to any fiield, against any NFL Team, anywhere in the world, and soundly beat any team we go up against.

The Seahawks don't have to hope that things go a certain way so that we can avoid having to play any team this year. We can beat them all if we stick to what we have going on across the board right now. Pete Carroll has done it again, and much to the disapointment of a lot of his critics, The Beast is Back, and the LOB is standing proud, My God, we even have a real offensive line, that can take on the very vest defenses out there and beat them soundly.

Is that to say that we can't be beat? No of course not, there is an element of luck in the game, no matter how good you might be, but we are a team to be reconned with and have rapidly gotten ourselves beck up to the level of contenders that we were when we went to the Super Bowl. The Seahawks are playing like that same crazy bunch of misfits, that showed the NFL and the world that they were worthy of being Super Bowl champions.

I know we got off to a slow start, but how many times have we been in this exact same position and gone on to win our division and fight our way into a shot at a Super Bowl Trophy.

I don;'t think that the Raiders can't give us a real game, and we better damn well be focused and ready for anything they bring, but the last couple of weeks, I've seen the Seahawks,reborn, and finaly rise up from the ashes, and sync with each other, on all sides of the ball. Special Teams has been putting on a hell of a show as well.

I've maintained for severral years now that "The Legion of Boom", is not a collection of characterrs, its a defensive strategy and phylosophy, that is Pete Carroll's, patented brain child that any group of skilled and talented defensive players can be taught to execute.

There was no Legion of Boom before Pete and John signed Kam, Sherm, Bwags, Earl and and the others of the original cast, but watch what has already happended out there on the field and will continue to evolve over this season. Man if what we saw Tedrick Thompson do last week wasn't Kam Chancellor or Earl the II reborn, I don't know what is. Man that was one of the most impressive take downs I've seen since Earl popped the Gronkster and laid his ass out flat on his back.

I love what I'm seeing on our offense, 190 yards rushing against the Rams/ how can anybody claim that we don't have a real running game after watching that.

I know that there a still a bunch of nay sayers laying in the bushes, just waiting for the oppotunity to jump back in there and start up with all the attacks again, I hope that the Seahawks continue to give them reasons to stay hid. We got it all going on right now and I think we are going to hand the Raiders a good old fashion West Coast beat down. I predict we turn Beast Mode into a Meowing Pussy Cat, and Carr will be setting on the sidelines cheering on his backup after a half dozen sacks.

37-15 Seahawks Win

Go Seahawks !
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:Hawks 27
    Raiders 24

^ I think this score looks correct.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• This one, I'm worried about my attendance and the weather, but I'm going to go for a lower-scoring affair which we just squeak out:

Seahawks 19 - 17 Raiders

Record: 5-0*

* - .net was down for the last game, but I picked the Rams with my money so I'm going to count that even, if it was much tighter than I thought it would be.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

• 27 - 17 Seahawks
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    "Pretty soon DirectTV is going to be using our o-line as an example of what can happen when you cut Cable."
    rossob
    NET Rookie

• "I know that there a still a bunch of nay sayers laying in the bushes, just waiting for the oppotunity to jump back in there and start up with all the attacks again, I hope that the Seahawks continue to give them reasons to stay hid. We got it all going on right now and I think we are going to hand the Raiders a good old fashion West Coast beat down. I predict we turn Beast Mode into a Meowing Pussy Cat, and Carr will be setting on the sidelines cheering on his backup after a half dozen sacks.

37-15 Seahawks Win

Go Seahawks !"

Post Game Fast Forward: I wasn't 100% accurate on my prediction so far as scoring goes, the spread was even greater that what I predicted. We did hand the Raiders the good old fashion West Coast Beat Down i spoke of, and we did tame the The Mighty Beast.

In the days leadng up to this game, all the talking heads were carrying on, about how the Raiders were true contenders,
    and how they had just narrowly missed winning games agains some of hte most highly ranked teams this year, and rightfully so. Then when the Seahawks soundly defeat them at every phase of the game, insterad of giving the Seahawks credit where credit is due, suddenly the Raiders are a lost cause, that has been terribly mannaged and coached, and that as such, the Seahawks were able to easily defeat them.

Its like the sports media talkking heads simply don't want to concede that they were all all wrong about Pete Carroll, and about the Seahawks team as a whole. Nobody likes eating crow, but please, give credit where credit is due.

The Raiders had played extremely well so far this season, Marshawn is/was on his way to setting new NFL running records for himself this season, and still may.The Raiders had lost all but one of their games, this season, by narrow margins, even their loss to the Chargers wasn't a major discrace like what they expereinced at the hands of the Seahawks.

When you listen to all the sports commentators afer the game,. I feel like the Seahawks are the Rodney Dangerfield's of the NFL, "They Get No Respect"., in fact just the opposite, a " they get a steady diet of Disrespect". How hard is it to admit that they all got it wrong, and that the Seahawks are playing like the Super Bowl Championship Team that they were and are again.

I'd say that what we saw on Sunday, From Marshawn Lynch, was him playing at this level best, and our defensive line playing like the Championship caliber unit they are, and simply out classing the Raiders Offense at every turn.
    Marshawn has got no excuses for his beat down yesterday.

All season long, the press has been touting Marshawn's performances, "The Beast Is Back"." He is back and is playing as well as he ever did, He's going to play angry and has revenge on his mind against the Seahawks". The matter of the fact is that Marshawn went up against the Legion of Boom, and got his butt soundly kicked. I will say that I am glad that Marshawn didn't get injured yesterday, with the exception of his pride.

Anyone who wants to argue that the LOB isn't allive and well, just rewind and look at the performances of Tedrick Thompson, and Bradley McDougald the past two weeks, tallk about putting on the "hits" or "Lowering The Boom" if you please, no one in the NFL doest it better, The crack as good as Kam, or Earl e er did. Go back and watch the replays, they both lead with the shoulders, connecting first, the helment banged together afer the initial impact, which is incidental, thus why no flags. I had to get that in there.

Now, last but not least, my prediction for Derek Carr, I couldn't have been much more accurate in that call. "Carr will be setting on the sidelines, cheering on his backup, after a half dozen sacks", LOL pure speculation when I picked " a half a dozen sacks" but it was exactly 6 sacks before he got escourted off the field with his shoulder injury. Nuff said!

Marshawn was a true phenom in his hay day, and gave the Seahawks his all when he played for us, he is giving his Oakland Raiders his all now. The Seahawks have a few new Beast's of their own now, with Carson, Davis, Penny, and soon enough, we'll have J.D. McKissic back our the mix,talk about an unstoppable force. That is of course as long as our offensive line is able to stay relatively healthy. They are in

If there is one negative in all of this, it's the way that the media, exused the Raiders loss to us, by redefining them as a bunch of no talent bumms who couldn't beat anybody, "not even the Seattle Seahawks" ! Instead of giving credit where credit is due, The Seahawks have found themselves again and have evolved into a genuine force to be reconned with by every team in the NFL that we face. .

Go Seahawks!
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Seahawks 17
    Raiders 23

LMAO,

it's like reading your opinion on Hasselbeck. How do you manage to be so wrong all the time. :D
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information