Can the Seahawks make it to 10 wins?

drcool

Reaction score
I know at the beginning of the season most people had the Hawks winning somewhere in the vicinity of 6-8 games. Figuring 10 wins is a good bet to get into the playoffs as a wildcard do you think the Hawks can get there?

Looking at the rest of the schedule

at Lions - Not an easy game but definitely winnable.
Chargers - They have been playing well but it is a home game
at Rams - We have shown we can compete with them but on the road that will be a tough task
Packers - Definitely flaws with this team but Rodgers...
at Panthers - Not sold on Carolina being a good team.
49ers - No way we should lose this one
Vikings - Under-performing expectations but still good.
at 49ers - again, no way we should lose
Chiefs - Maybe the best team in the AFC. Really glad it is at home. Maybe they will be resting some guys?
Cardinals - No way we should lose.

So there are 3 I am very confident we will win (Niners twice and Cards), 2 we will most likely not win (Rams and Chiefs), and 5 that are up in the air. To get to 10 wins we need to win the 3 "gimmies" and 4 out of 5 of the toss up games. If we can win the next two (at Detroit and home against the Chargers) I would like our chances a lot more.

I think the Hawks can get to 10 wins but looking at what is coming up I think 9 wins is more realistic. If we can beat the Packers, Panthers, and Vikings that will give us some good tiebreakers against potential wild card teams. So maybe 9 wins could sneak us in the playoffs? And of course this all assumes there are no catastrophic injuries or anything like that.

What do you think? Can we realistically get to 10?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They certainly can. I still think 9-7 is more realistic, but at the same time, they are farther along than I thought they would be at this point. All we could really expect from this team was steady improvement and being very competitive. We certainly are seeing that. If they win on Sunday, and have 6 of 9 games at home, absolutely 10 wins is a possibility. Some really tough games coming up, at the minimum it is going to be a great learning experience for a lot of young players. I stick to 9-7 for my prediction, and hope to continue to be pleasantly surprised.
Shoot, I don't know that any of us would have expected this running game to be so good this season. Total shocker.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
at Lions - WIN
Chargers - LOSS
at Rams - LOSS
Packers - WIN
at Panthers - LOSS
49ers - WIN
Vikings - LOSS
at 49ers - WIN
Chiefs - LOSS
Cardinals - WIN

I think we stay within one game of .500 the remainder of the season. It's possible that we turn one of those losses into a win, but I think winning two of those becomes an awfully big ask. Having said that, at this point I am REALLY excited for the next couple of years again.

Zeearend

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3bj41mc4 said:
at Lions - WIN
Chargers - LOSS
at Rams - LOSS
Packers - WIN
at Panthers - LOSS
49ers - WIN
Vikings - LOSS
at 49ers - WIN
Chiefs - LOSS
Cardinals - WIN

I think we stay within one game of .500 the remainder of the season. It's possible that we turn one of those losses into a win, but I think winning two of those becomes an awfully big ask. Having said that, at this point I am REALLY excited for the next couple of years again.

I have been to the Chargers game in London and wasn't very impressed by them. Especially against the run. So there's one L turned into a W. Just need to grind out one more.

toffee

Reaction score
Four things must happen to make it to 10 wins:

1. OL, Running and pass defense to play at current level or better.
2. WR corp. to step up or get FA help, our passing game must improve. I am dreaming of borrowing Larry Fitzgerald for this season.
3. Run defense to step up.
4. No major injuries, ie luck, we need blessing from football God.

If all four happens, we will get 10 wins.

James in PA

Reaction score
Below is the comment I made in the “Our Remaining Schedule” thread. If we can do both, we should hit 10 and the playoffs:

Looking at this remaining schedule, we need to win at least 2 of 3 home games against GB, Minn, and KC and we must win at either Detroit OR Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chawker

Reaction score
Its comes down to injurys, but as it stands right now, I'd say its a 50-50 at best. Our passing game needs to be stepped up a whole bunch. We'll see?
Cheers

Mad Dog

Reaction score
iigakusei":y4x12ugt said:
I still think this is a 7-9 or 8-8 team.

Yes I'd agree with this. But I'd add the caveat that most of the NFC is 7-9 or 8-8 teams. This is going to be a dogfight of parity for the Wildcard spots. Only front runners are NO and LAR. Nobody in the NFC East or North is without serious flaws. The Cards, Niners and Giants are the only real bad teams.

Whoever squeaks out that 9-7 or 10-6 record with the right tiebreakers is going to get the WC.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Packers, Chargers, and Vikings games are all at home. I believe the Seahawks have a great chance of winning those games. Packers are dealing with injury issues, Vikings are a shell of themselves from last season, and that leaves the Chargers (sometimes terrific and sometimes really bad). Lions are that sort of team too. So they seem to be playing the same type of team two weeks in a row. Chiefs game will be the toughest game at home. If can stay on par and steal a road game (Panthers) they should get to 10 wins.

xray

Reaction score
Sure they can ...but lets not get too far ahead of our selves...this game Sunday @ Detroit...will answer many questions about where the Hawks are right now. I think this is a must win for the Hawks to see 10 wins IMO GO HAWKS!!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
As it stands, the packers and vikings tie game gives them an edge on wildcard spots provided they finish strong as usual. We may not beat the rams but a tie game would increase our wildcard chances as well.

niveky

Reaction score
Chawker":258lxz66 said:
Its comes down to injurys, but as it stands right now, I'd say its a 50-50 at best. Our passing game needs to be stepped up a whole bunch. We'll see?
Cheers

I really don't think it needs to be 'stepped up a whole bunch.' I feel like Wilson just needs to get more settled into what he has with the offensive line now and trust them more. I feel like he needs to find a balance of trying to pull off that magic we're used to when there are breakdowns but having that trust in his teammates so he can be more efficient from the pocket. I really feel like they don't need to put up large passing numbers but rather be more efficient when the passing game for scoring opportunities anywhere on the field, provided that the run game is able to keep doing so well.

niveky

Reaction score
Chawker":2ox67a8r said:
Cheers

I really don't think it needs to be 'stepped up a whole bunch.' I feel like Wilson just needs to get more settled into what he has with the offensive line now and trust them more. I feel like he needs to find a balance of trying to pull off that magic we're used to when there are breakdowns but having that trust in his teammates so he can be more efficient from the pocket. I really feel like they don't need to put up large passing numbers but rather be more efficient when the passing game for scoring opportunities anywhere on the field, provided that the run game is able to keep doing so well.

hawks85

Reaction score
We are winning out 13-3 yup you heard it hear first. None of the remaining teams can stop our running game. I don't give a rats ass about the pass game. Good defense and running the ball wins championships.

hawks85

Reaction score
We are winning out 13-3 yup you heard it hear first. None of the remaining teams can stop our running game. I don't give a rats ass about the pass game. Good defense and running the ball wins championships.