MVP my ass...

John63

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2q4fsr74 said:
Russ has been the MVP for the last FOUR YEARS!

One and done Jackson!

Well to be honest we have been one and done before.

He did have over 500 yards himself. But hthat said he did have the big TOs. That said without wide open reciever he is not all that as a passer.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
John63":3qu9950m said:
PlinytheCenter":3qu9950m said:

One and done Jackson!

He did have over 500 yards himself. But he sid have the big TOs. That said without wide open reciever he is not all that as a passer.

Russ is 5-1 in his first round playoff game. Doesn’t lose the first one that often. And never lost a playoff game at home.

Jackson shrunk under the lights.

John63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3n83oyvv said:
John63":3n83oyvv said:
PlinytheCenter":3n83oyvv said:

One and done Jackson!

He did have over 500 yards himself. But he sid have the big TOs. That said without wide open reciever he is not all that as a passer.

Russ is 5-1 in his first round playoff game. Doesn’t lose the first one that often. And never lost a playoff game at home.

I stand corrected thanks. I agree with you.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":zc2hk1fl said:
PlinytheCenter":zc2hk1fl said:

One and done Jackson!

He did have over 500 yards himself. But hthat said he did have the big TOs. That said without wide open reciever he is not all that as a passer.
250 of those yards were conceded by a very soft Seahawks like zone/prevent after they were up big. Before the game got out of hand. He had 40 yards rushing and around 200 passing

Scorpion05

Reaction score
John63":1grhw8wq said:
PlinytheCenter":1grhw8wq said:

One and done Jackson!

If we were the number 1 seed, and Russell performed like that leading to us being one and done...can you IMAGINE what the comments would be on here? The usual Russ bashers that I don't have to name would have a field day.

Not to mention, the great O-line and defense the Ravens have. There would be a million threads about "bad Russ." For a good number of Seahawks fans if Russell doesn't perform at least "good" it's a 6 page thread about how he's not worth the money

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody firing on all cylinders knows damn well Russ is the true MVP and should have been MVP before this season as well. And never voted All Pro until this year, and it's second team? Puuuuuhleeeeze.

Bias at its finest.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
MVP is for the regular season only. Within that constraint, yes, Jackson was clearly the MVP.

D

DomeHawk

The guy is just flat-out amazing, watching him run and alter his delivery to make passes is really something to watch.

BUT,if Russ can win this game and make it to the NFC championship I am gonna have to give it to him.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":b5tcxmkv said:
The guy is just flat-out amazing, watching him run and alter his delivery to make passes is really something to watch.

BUT,if Russ can win this game and make it to the NFC championship I am gonna have to give it to him.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Lamar throws funny, imo.

He's a terrific athlete, and pretty QB. He's the MVP this year, IMO.

But hee's going to have to adjust his game pretty soon though, as Russ did in 2015.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1w0ov87k said:
DomeHawk":1w0ov87k said:

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Lamar throws funny, imo.

He's a terrific athlete, and pretty QB. He's the MVP this year, IMO.

But hee's going to have to adjust his game pretty soon though, as Russ did in 2015.
I don't think Russ had "adjust" his game so much. I think he had to handle doing more, but it wasn't necessarily doing things different. Lamar has to learn to do things he currently can't do or is really poor at.

Not targeting this to you directly, but there are QBs that CAN run and there are RUNNING Qbs. Russ is one and Lamar is the other. It's amazing that people constantly compare these two types of QBs. Qbs that CAN run (Russ, Rodgers, etc...), run when it's there, but mostly look to pass when they get outside the pocket. Running QBs, are looking to make plays with their legs when they leave the pocket. They aren't throwing the ball on the move. QBs that CAN run are usually very proficient at throwing on the run and make a ton of plays throwing on the run. If Lamar had to make a living throwing on the run, he'd be out of the league quickly. Not unlike a lot of other QB that can't move oddly enough.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
John63":jxh21k59 said:
Mad Dog":jxh21k59 said:
John63":jxh21k59 said:
PlinytheCenter":jxh21k59 said:

One and done Jackson!

There's this weird thing I've seen on the forum a bunch the last few years when people say "they will go one and done again" or some permutation but last year was the only year they did that under Carroll's tenure. Somehow "win one then done" became "one and done" when conventional usage is always that you lose the first playoff game.

Reminder to fellow fans: in the last 10 seasons this team has made the division game seven times. We've had it the second best out of any fan base over that span with playoff success and Super Bowl appearances/wins combined.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
bmorepunk":25zr7tjn said:
John63":25zr7tjn said:
Mad Dog":25zr7tjn said:
John63":25zr7tjn said:

There's this weird thing I've seen on the forum a bunch the last few years when people say "they will go one and done again" or some permutation but last year was the only year they did that under Carroll's tenure. Somehow "win one then done" became "one and done" when conventional usage is always that you lose the first playoff game.

Reminder to fellow fans: in the last 10 seasons this team has made the division game seven times. We've had it the second best out of any fan base over that span with playoff success and Super Bowl appearances/wins combined.
One and done means you win a game and lose the next one and are bounced out of the playoffs.

Carroll’s teams are also under .500 since our last super bowl appearance in the playoffs.

Rat

Reaction score
So, based on the new criteria people on here are posting, why is Russ a runaway choice rather than in the mix with Henry and Mahomes?