It's Ok to Have Expectations for This Team

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
It's ok to have expectations for this team as a fan base.

It's ok to believe that yes, this team had a great year. Yes, this team battled through injuries. The result however, was not good enough. It's ok to not be satisfied.

Russell will turn 32, next year. His prime is now. I hope Pete really takes some time to examine his defensive schemes as well as his whole " you can't win the first quarter" mantra.

I would not be disappointed if there was a change with the D-Coordinator, and the strength and conditioning coach. I think the team needs to really focus on OL and DL in the offseason as well.

quadsas

Reaction score
After seeing Russ let loose I think 11-5 is a terrible record and 1-2 playoff record past two years is absolutely putrid.

John63

Reaction score
It's easy when your HC says part of their game plan is off script plays.

"I want to keep it close and win in the 4th"

You cant win in the 1st, 2nd 3rd

I want to run and throw long

I dont like short passes

We are going to line up and do what we do, even if they know what we are going to do.

These are all paraphrased statements of our HC.

None should inspire confidence at all.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
i don't think any of us were satisfied with the season, we will always selfishly want more but I also didn't think we had a realistic chance at the Super Bowl. It's very hard to win three road games in a row and as good as Tennessee has looked Mahomes is way better than Brady and Jackson.

If we want to take the next step we need to get HFA next year. All three times we've been the 1st seed we've gone to the Bowl

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Here is what you can expect,

Great to very good regular season.

Generally a decent showing in the wildcard game, often against a team that is borderline playoff quality.

That is it.

Pete does not win in the postseason past that point anymore. But the regular seasons can be fun if you don't bother caring about the postseason. It will get frustrating because Wilson will show he could have won it for us, but Pete will always hold us back from now on.

We get a better season than most teams, in fact looking like a contender for a few weeks. As long as you have no expectations for anything more in the playoffs than the above? It can be fun.

But we will never be anything more under Pete. His days of being a great coach in the playoffs left him long ago.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
quadsas":k7d7dywd said:
After seeing Russ let loose I think 11-5 is a terrible record and 1-2 playoff record past two years is absolutely putrid.

Good lord have you seen the rest of the roster that was out there last night?

You think 11-5 is terrible with that in mind?

Jesus.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2skogvc4 said:
i don't think any of us were satisfied with the season, we will always selfishly want more but I also didn't think we had a realistic chance at the Super Bowl. It's very hard to win three road games in a row and as good as Tennessee has looked Mahomes is way better than Brady and Jackson.

If we want to take the next step we need to get HFA next year. All three times we've been the 1st seed we've gone to the Bowl
Agreed. But the Atlanta game is hallmark Pete these days. They let Atlanta back in. It wasn’t close enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro