Sherman, HOF as a Seahawk or a Whiner?

zchurch74

Reaction score
If Sherman wins a Super Bowl with the Whiners, how many years would it take him to play for them to go into the HOF as a Whiner?

I really want him to go in as a Seahawk but I’m worried if he plays long enough and wins a super bowl or two with the Whiners he will go in as a Whiner

chris98251

Reaction score
NFL is not like NBA and MLB they list all the teams you played for and you don't typically see them in Jerseys.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3nx4kgov said:
NFL is not like NBA and MLB they list all the teams you played for and you don't typically see them in Jerseys.

I guess Sherm could buck the trend and he could have his bust molded with a jersey over his face.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
HOF as Seahawks or Niners is fine with me. Preferably Seahawks though as he helped Seattle going to the SB with the “tip”.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
:pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
I’d like to see him in the ROH at the Link. Would they put him in if he is more accomplished as a Whiner?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Sherman helped bring national attention to the LOB (New Orleans bit and his constant I better than Reevis), and without "the tip" we probably don't play the Broncos in the SuprBowl. He ran his mouth and backed it up. But it was a complete player. Teams stopped throwing the ball to his side of the field because of his hawking skill, that says something. Like it or not he deserves to be in the ROH. His mouth, can stay home.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Considering they're in the super bowl I don't think there's a whole lot of whining going on down there at the moment.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":2nbwc8c6 said:
Correct. I was there summer before last. For example, Warren Moon's bust listed the following on the base of the bust which is were each inductee has their teams played for displayed:

1984-1993 Houston Oilers
1994-1996 Minnesota Vikings
1997-1998 Seattle Seahawks
1999-2000 Kansas City Chiefs

None of the inductees has a helmet or jersey with a team logo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
zchurch74":3gnopgye said:
I really want him to go in as a Seahawk

NFL players don't go in as anything. They get a generic looking bust and a generic looking gold jacket, then they talk for 20 minutes about their parents, coaches and teammates.

So rest easy now my son, your anxieties and concerns are over from here on out. Shhh.........ur welcome.

Youre welcome 43432759

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
nwHawk":2q6o5cv8 said:
He ran his mouth and backed it up. But it was a complete player. Teams stopped throwing the ball to his side of the field because of his hawking skill, that says something. Like it or not he deserves to be in the ROH. His mouth, can stay home.

I always have questioned Sherman's ability vs the elite receivers in the NFL. I know for a fact the Falcons threw his way and did it often.

From a 2017 ESPN article:

Jones and Sherman squared off twice last season. During the regular-season game at Seattle last October, the Seahawks escaped with a 26-24 victory as Sherman grabbed Jones on the Falcons' final offensive play. No penalty was called, but a source from the league office said the Falcons were later informed that there should have been a foul for defensive pass interference.

Jones had seven catches for 139 yards and a touchdown in that game, then followed with six catches for 67 yards and a score in the Falcons' 36-20 playoff victory over the Seahawks.

Jones and Sherman each entered the league in 2011. In four career games against the Seahawks [including playoffs], Jones has 30 receptions for 392 yards and two touchdowns on 42 targets. His totals include 125 yards after the catch and 21 first downs, with the longest reception gaining 45 yards.

In five career games against the Falcons, Sherman has 15 tackles, five pass breakups and one batted pass in 241 defensive snaps played.

Now was Sherman lining up vs Julio on every snap? I don't really recall. I do remember hearing a lot about how Aaron Rodgers wouldn't throw at Sherman... but he also didn't have Julio Jones.

Now I'm not saying he's not a HOFer or anything... just making an observation. I chuckle a bit when I think about Sherman and his post NFCCG comment "When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree that's the result you're going to get."

Crabtree was no Julio either.

OP
OP
zchurch74

zchurch74

Reaction score
teams would not put there elite receives against Sherm. He is def in the HOF, nod doubt. I think he has a better chance then Earl and Kam. Sherm has the longevity over both of them.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Not sure Kam has much of a shot at all at the Hall.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
zchurch74":h40u9gvt said:
teams would not put there elite receives against Sherm. He is def in the HOF, nod doubt. I think he has a better chance then Earl and Kam. Sherm has the longevity over both of them.

I agree. Kam was very very good, but short career and not HOF elite. Safeties have high standards to make the HOF it seems. Look how long Kenny Easley waited, and Ronnie Lott himself said that Kenny was the best of his era. While Earl was elite, he has not looked all too great as a Raven. Seahawks were right to let him walk. But I do think we should have kept Sherm. 2 years removed from a torn achilles and he is still playing like a top corner. He will transition to Safety like Lott did and I would not be surprised to see him become an elite Safety. Sherm's game was mostly based on his smarts, not top shelf speed. His brain will enable him to transition easily to Safety and he will be a first ballot hall of fame member. Back to Lott...most people remember him as a hard hitting elite safety, but his early years were played at cornerback and like Sherm, he wasn't the quickest, but he was an elite pro bowl CB.

chris98251

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":30mskl9r said:
zchurch74":30mskl9r said:

I agree. Kam was very very good, but short career and not HOF elite. Safeties have high standards to make the HOF it seems. Look how long Kenny Easley waited, and Ronnie Lott himself said that Kenny was the best of his era. While Earl was elite, he has not looked all too great as a Raven. Seahawks were right to let him walk. But I do think we should have kept Sherm. 2 years removed from a torn achilles and he is still playing like a top corner. He will transition to Safety like Lott did and I would not be surprised to see him become an elite Safety. Sherm's game was mostly based on his smarts, not top shelf speed. His brain will enable him to transition easily to Safety and he will be a first ballot hall of fame member. Back to Lott...most people remember him as a hard hitting elite safety, but his early years were played at cornerback and like Sherm, he wasn't the quickest, but he was an elite pro bowl CB.

Sherm won't be a Safety, to slow for FS and not stout enough for SS, he plays the run well but he is to lanky to play inside, easiest thing to do is take out his legs.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think sherm will want to go in as anything but the Seahawks. I believe he hates Pete and Co so bad that he wants nothing to do with the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
He will go into the Hall of Fame as a football player. Every team he played for will be represented. What he retires as is a different story. The general consensus was he would ultimately retire as a Seahawk. Crediting his LOB roots and all his success as a Seahawk. But given the recent success of the 49ers and depending on his future with them, that may longer be true.

Latest posts