Inslee thanks Russell Wilson, donating 1M meals to food bank

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status/1240141494171860992[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
He's always had a pretty good community attitude. They might be blocking him from visiting the kids these days, with all the medical scares. He usually does that every week he's in town, but with CV out there he may not be able to.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you can bet there is the distancing from that right now.
As far as Russ goes, dork or not, doesn't matter. He's a damn good person who cares a lot about others. Always has. It goes way beyond football imo. Hoping more guys follow suit.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If those meals cost $5 apiece, that's $5M. Even on Russ' scale, that's a substantial donation and frankly I don't care how much his tax accountant squeezes out of this. He is helping, and it is needed.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I guarantee they are blocking him from visiting kids in person.

My gf works for the Cancer Care Alliance. Nobody is allowed in that is not essential. No parents, visitors, kids, and even a caregiver needs to be essential to get in. That place is locked down, I imagine any cancer treatment place would be the same.

It is nice to see him helping. People are going to be decimated by this. So many jobs lost, and how do you look for work when companies are not only hiring but shedding workers?

Seattle is probably going to weather this better than most, because the average salary of a tech worker is $270K so they have the ability to work from home and have financial reserves. But a giant chunk of the service industry just lost their jobs. That is 10-15% of our economy at a minimum.

Anyone that can do something, should. By the way, local blood banks are running dangerously low - if you can give blood you probably will be making a huge difference now.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great points. So many impacted, especially small businesses, food service, restaurants etc.
I know I'm gonna' be out of gigs for a long while probably. But I'm one of the fortunate ones with a solid job that can continue during all this. They are moving us to telecommuting later this week/early next week. It's needed.
Good reminder on the blood banks.

sutz

Reaction score
Local food banks, too. They also take cash donations, not just food. In many ways, that can be better because they can buy wholesale and target what they need.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
Russ shows us again he's a class act.

As for Gov Inslee - meh

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
sutz":1ywrq5c7 said:
He's always had a pretty good community attitude. They might be blocking him from visiting the kids these days, with all the medical scares. He usually does that every week he's in town, but with CV out there he may not be able to.

I'm 100% certain he can't visit there.

My best friends mother is in ICU ISOLATION at Evergreen after living at that stupid place in Kirkland.
She tested positive with COVID, and has Pneumonia. Been there 2 weeks now. She's 91 and holding on.
His family is not even aloud to visit her. She gets one assisted phone call a day.