The Planets are aligning

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell Wilson abilities disrespected - Check, yeah it's always a good idea to give him more motivation.

Draft - Ranked low, another shot at those players and this team and staff, yeah telling Pete and John the sucked works well, they need more to invigorate the team.

UDFA's we signed told they were terrible choices - Again now you have players that will sell out and have a coach that will find a way to take this and motivate them.

O line, told they will suck - Check once again they take a shot at something that has only up to go and we have re tooled more with more potential then we have had in years. These guys are going to post these rankings in their meeting room I am sure.

The Defense told they will suck - Yeah we seen this before, time for attitude and Nasty to raise it's head again, we have players that with some experience can bring a lot of the punishment the LB brought, Diggs hits hard, Blair, Dunbar, Flowers can bring heat, Miller the UDFA can bring it, Barton and BBK can hit as well, just need some Nasty up front from Reed, Irvin, Green and Ford and the rest.

This is getting wrapped up in a good package to be us against the world again, something we seem to thrive in, the more they put us in a box of also rans the better I like it when they are picking Feathers out of their teeth by seasons end.

morgulon1

Reaction score
If the 2nd and 3rd year guys progress and thet get good production out of the rookies it will all
Come together.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I admire your optimism chris, but there's still WAY too many question marks on the lines.

This is of course on May 21st, so if we can get Clowney or Griffen, then my optimism might change. But as of now our D-line is patchwork at best, and other than Brown at LT, there's a possibility if Iupati doesn't return to LG that FOUR new spots on the O-line that will have new players.

Add in the fact that the NFC West is insanely brutal going into 2020, and this all spells no planets aligning for me just yet.

We got Russell, so anything's possible. But I can't buy into any hype right now with so many question marks on both lines going into summer.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rvbln91 said:
Add in the fact that the NFC West is insanely brutal going into 2020, and this all spells no planets aligning for me just yet.

This reality frustrates me, especially seeing how the majority of the league except the AFC East (for the 2020 season) don't have to deal with a bruising division like ours. But it is what it is. Pete Carrol wants his defense to dish it out, and our division opponents have had to respond accordingly over the years by trying to return the favor.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
chris98251":3g7tcxg8 said:
Russell Wilson abilities disrespected - He is a great QB but we have a coaching staff that refuses to make an effort to play offense through at least the first half of the game. I imagine RW would have at least recieved a single MVP vote if he was allowed to play even 3/4 of the game. Add that the running game has been hurt with injuries and it is unclear if DeeJay is going to be any good.

Draft - Ranked low, - because it was a bad draft by a team with several year of mediocre drafts.

UDFA's we signed told they were terrible choices - I usually like our UDFAs and do again this year - but as usual almost all if not all of them will gone before the season starts and we will bemoan the one or two that performed well in preseason and then were cut in favor of PC favorites.

O line, told they will suck - Maybe they will. Maybe they won't There was no effort to sign anyone other than journeyman level player and draft one guard with potential. We have to wait to see how they will gel but they didn't try hard in this area.

The Defense told they will suck - There is no reason to think they won't We will likely lose the best or 2nd best player on defense without upgrading other positions much (potentially Safety but we will see how it turns out). Quantity over quality. Joes over pros.

This is getting wrapped up in a good package to be us against the world again, something we seem to thrive in, the more they put us in a box of also rans the better I like it when they are picking Feathers out of their teeth by seasons end.

Answered within your post. Overall a piss pore offseaon with a lot of holes and few proven players and NO obvious difference makers while losing one (Clowney) One of these years RW will not be able to shoulder the load of carrying a poorly constructed team and we will head to a losing record.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Fair to say the planets are aligning IF you look from one specific angle, and that happens to be an angle I spend a lot of time looking from. But I also require looking from other angles as well. Right now all those other angles outnumber that one angle by a pretty wide margin.
Start at RB, where from all appearances we are, at best, extremely fragile. Not a good thing when running the ball successfully is what sets up the rest of your offensive attack.
That brings us to O Line. At this stage there aren't many details to count on. Sure grateful we have a guy like Brown. Other than Brown we have a bunch of guys with a lot to prove. Miracles happen,just not all that often.
Our progress on Defense looks better, but not yet good enough in comparison to our division opponents, unless two or three of our rookies become all pro right out of the gate. Our secondary is better IF we can depend on Dunbar being eligible, healthy, and as good as advertised. Our D Line is still missing a strong proven tackle.
That's a lot of ifs, ands, and buts to put on Russ and our receivers plate.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":1njxirlz said:
Rat":1njxirlz said:
chris98251":1njxirlz said:
Russell Wilson abilities disrespected - Check
Absolutely untrue. The media loves Russ.

33rd ranked player of the decade..........ok
You mean by the same outlet (PFF) who ranked him as the best QB in the league last year, even ahead of the unanimous MVP winner Lamar Jackson? Wow, the disrespect!

And in that ranking you’re referencing, they had him ranked second highest of all QBs who didn’t play the entire decade, only behind Peyton Manning.

The vast majority of the media recognizes him as an elite QB. Analysts never shut up about him during our games. There’s very little, if any, “disrespect”.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I wish I were more optimistic for the season, but i'm not.Way to many question marks. Heck, besides Russ, everything else is a question mark.

Russ - cemented franchise QB
RB's - ?
OL - ? (team has like 18 of them and besides an aging Duane Brown, none of them are proven to be any good)
TE - ? (team has like 9 of them with Dissly not being able to get through a season and Olsen being a dinosaur)

Def - ? (was horrible last season and doesnt appear to be much better now)
DL - ? (gained a one trick pony in Irvin and will more than likely lose Clowney. Not real confidence inspiring)
LB - ? (Wags has lost a step and KJ is done. Barton and BBK looked terrible last year and Brooks will take awhile)
Sec - ? (Dunbar will be wearing orange soon so it'll be back to Flowers again)

With the rest of the NFC West improving, its going to be a real struggle this upcoming season. Hopefully the younger players develop into good players and the team can make some noise, but its a big unknown right now.

kf3339

Reaction score
In some ways this coming season could go in several directions. Right now I don't see any consensus other than it will be interesting. We could go on a major upswing and challenge for a Super Bowl spot, or totally suck and be finishing with a less than .500 record. Just a lot of questions right now.

RW has kept us in games before, but can he do it again with so many issues. Just hard to say right now. Our O-line is average at best. You have to wonder if RW can escape as much being over 30. The risk for injury is increasing. He pretty much is our only hope.

Our defense is a major question mark right now. I seriously doubt any rookie will make an impact, so we probably need two veteran D-lineman by the start of the season. Who is still the question. You also have to wonder how our aging LB's will hold up this season. They are both past their prime. Can they still hold up, or show their age even more this year. Last what will happen with Dunbar. Who knows.

As I said, it's going to be a very interesting season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kf3339":3ocojvg6 said:
In some ways this coming season could go in several directions. Right now I don't see any consensus other than it will be interesting. We could go on a major upswing and challenge for a Super Bowl spot, or totally suck and be finishing with a less than .500 record. Just a lot of questions right now.

RW has kept us in games before, but can he do it again with so many issues. Just hard to say right now. Our O-line is average at best. You have to wonder if RW can escape as much being over 30. The risk for injury is increasing. He pretty much is our only hope.

Our defense is a major question mark right now. I seriously doubt any rookie will make an impact, so we probably need two veteran D-lineman by the start of the season. Who is still the question. You also have to wonder how our again LB's will hold up this season. They are both past their prime. Can they still hold up, or show their age even more this year. Last what will happen with Dunbar. Who knows.

As I said, it's going to be a very interesting season.

I can't imagine us finishing with a sub .500 record, unless Russell gets hurt. He's the very reason this roster has won more than 10 games a season since the SB teams.

But like I said above, until I see the D and O lines play and outperform how I THINK they'll play (not very good), then I can't see the Hawks doing any better than last year.