Willson replacement

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Ugh the blocking talents of Kellen Davis

off topic: I wonder what the heck is going on with McCoy?

nsport

Reaction score
Full recovery is typically several weeks at best. I hope the guy can heal up enough to get back on the field.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1w3oym9s said:

Pretty sure he is on IR and even though he is probably healthy now, by rules he cant be on the roster. Something like that.

What about Cooper Helfet? He's still on the PS i think and looked ok in preseason. But itd be best to get Willson back.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
high ankle sprain isn't necessarily the end of the season for him, depends on the severity.

Basis4day

Reaction score
keatonisballin":7rx6w3xi said:
TheRealDTM":7rx6w3xi said:

Pretty sure he is on IR and even though he is probably healthy now, by rules he cant be on the roster. Something like that.

What about Cooper Helfet? He's still on the PS i think and looked ok in preseason. But itd be best to get Willson back.

McCoy is on IR. Can't return for entire year. He will also be an UFA.

Cooper Helfet is on PS, so he is an option. You'd need a roster move by cutting or IRing someone.

High Ankle sprains are tricky depending on the player and position. It's knocked Okung out for multiple games in a single season, but only held Wagner out for two this year.

Sturm

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":363f02p2 said:

Yeah, I say they stick Kellen Davis out there and lean on Lynch and the running game.

Seeker

Reaction score
Luke Wilson has had this injury before and has played with it and said he will try to play through it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Basis4day":gqbdx8q0 said:

Cooper Helfet is on PS, so he is an option. You'd need a roster move by cutting or IRing someone.

High Ankle sprains are tricky depending on the player and position. It's knocked Okung out for multiple games in a single season, but only held Wagner out for two this year.

This is where we may see the long-rumored Harvin IR come to fruition.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Beer Hawk":22kkv2i2 said:
http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_player_sports/?a=9965602&p=1007&n=Brock%20and%20Danny

Right about th 42:27 mark - mentions Willson had the injury before in college and that he (Willson) thinks he can make it back in a couple weeks. Sounds like it looked worse than it was.
Already having this injury worries me for the long term. Excited for the player he can become.

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":34vxyob9 said:
Basis4day":34vxyob9 said:

This is where we may see the long-rumored Harvin IR come to fruition.

Well according to Pete, Harvin will practice this week, so I wouldn't book him for a trip to IR too soon. I have a sneaking suspicion that they knew he'd never get back to 100% so they've been holding him off for the playoffs. I doubt we'll ever know for sure, but we will have a much better idea by next week.

Also, Pete was quoted today as saying that Willson thinks he'll be able to play in a few weeks. That could put him ready for the first playoff game, and if it's close, they may just go with Davis and use Willson as an emergency backup like they did for Kearse on Sunday.