SeaWalks™ : A Continuing Journey Through Enemy Territory #1

MrMilos

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you the very first installment of ... SeaWalks™: A Continuing Journey through Enemy Territory

What is SeaWalks™? Simple. It's a play by play, blow by blow account of walking through the Northern California town that my wife and I recently relocated to - with some type of Seahawks gear on (a hat, jersey, etc.) Usually, I'm accompanied by our dog or newborn ... sometimes friends or family ... Sometimes, when I'm feeling especially brave, I go it alone.

Day 1: Crisp and clear, 65 degrees and Sunny. My brother-in-law and I gear up (hats, jerseys) and head out the door. Immediately, we encounter some scoffs and laughs from little Niners fans across the street playing football.

It's difficult to make out, but I think I hear one of them mumble "ugh, Seahawks suckkkk" under their breath. My hands tremble as I fumble for my phone in case things get testy. Phew, there it is - right next to my pack of gum and trusty Brian Bosworth rookie card.

I look over at my brother-in-law: "dude, you OK?" A reassuring nod helps me know that we can carry on together as brothers (in-law) in this journey.

A few more blocks, and there it is - clear as the call of a red chested hummingbird perched on the branch of a sapling of a young oak tree, "BOOOOOOO SEAHAWKS SUCKKKK" comes blaring from the field up the hill.

My voice trembles and shakes as I mange to awkwardly respond, "HEY KEEP IT CLASSY!". I have to restrain my brother-in-law from running up the hill and taking care of things...with his fists. I don't want my brother-in-law breaking the law. Or a jaw. ...or both.

A couple more blocks and we make it back home, just in time to unwind with a shot of bourbon out of a Seahawks shot glass. We're both happy to be alive and ready to face another adventure.

Until next time...

Brett

Reaction score
lol.... was this just on a random day ? do it during the playoff game this weekend go cruise some 9er bars ! jkn wouldn't want anybody to get stabbed over a jersey. You should video it the next time :)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":2z6dgcky said:
Looking forward to the Hunter's Point chapter......
He better video tape that one. It's difficult to write when in a coma.

Largent80

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":7sw3dwma said:
Looking forward to the Hunter's Point chapter......

It is funny you said that. My whole family went to closing day at Hollywood Park all decked out in Hawks gear. I got there SUPER early and procured the best table in the facility. I was walking to make a bet and this mongoloid with a sf shirt on started yelling "shehawks"....I offer up "whiners" and so later on this tard comes up and tries to crowd in on our table and making all kinds of rude comments.

At that point I got up and said, get back to your area.....you know inside at Hunters Point.... :lol:

The guy kept it up and I went and got security and they threw his ass out.... :rofl:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I went to pick up a load in NoCal last week wearing a Seahawk sweatshirt and the guy said he wouldn't load my truck til I removed my sweatshirt. I made him guarantee he would load my truck if I removed my sweatshirt and he guaranteed it. I then removed my Seahawk sweatshirt only to have my Seahawk T-shirt underneath. He loaded my truck. Dumb niner fan.

Largent80

Reaction score
rideaducati":2g9rj17e said:
I went to pick up a load in NoCal last week wearing a Seahawk sweatshirt and the guy said he wouldn't load my truck til I removed my sweatshirt. I made him guarantee he would load my truck if I removed my sweatshirt and he guaranteed it. I then removed my Seahawk sweatshirt only to have my Seahawk T-shirt underneath. He loaded my truck. Dumb niner fan.

Awesome. I just went to the store and some doofus had the misfortune of wearing one of their caps. I rolled down the window and with a tenors vigor yelled SEA-HAWKS...hahaha and he was muttering something as I sped away. I love it.

CHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":ynoff5bt said:

That's funny, I've been sporting my stuff all year, ain't hearing nothing on the east coast

:0190l:

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Bear Mace Brah!

Buy some.

If it will stop a Grizzly it will stop a 39er fan.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
MrMilos":2dicvcub said:
Phew, there it is - right next to my pack of gum and trusty Brian Bosworth rookie card.

You carry around a Brian Bosworth rookie card with you... Like what? Every day? How 'bout you vacuum pack that thing and save it. Are you saving it so your kid can use it in the spokes of his bike? Just sayin'....

J/K bro... but only a little. :)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pmedic920":1aj90w51 said:
You need a GoPro on your head when you walk. This could get very interesting.
We want video.
GoHawks.

Now we're on to something.

BASF

Reaction score
I think how you are treated depends greatly on how you carry yourself. I have lived in Silicon Valley since 1980 and have been wearing Seahawks gear since '81 and have never had any problems. More often than not I just get the incredulous, "You like the Seahawks?"

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good point, but ya gotta admit, a boisterous Seahawks fan, lit up in full out flare, walking into the middle of 49er (or other enemy team's fan's) territory while wearing a GoPro would make for some pretty entertaining YouTube footage.