Deadspin article on the seahawks cheating

Will the officials let them play?

• Yes. It's the playoffs, refs know their role.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • No. Refs won't let the hawks control the game.

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • I'm oblivious to all of this.

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Cartire

Reaction score
Ok, so most of you have seen the WSJ's attack on the hawks style of play. Deadspin brings this up and actually call it genius at the end. http://deadspin.com/the-secret-of-the-s ... 1498806994
That's all fine and good. But does anyone else feel like all these articles this week about our penalties and what is and isn't called a bad thing. Seems like the media is trying really hard to spotlight all this as a means of persuading the officials. I mean, the refs are people too and I assume browse the internet and watch sports shows just like all of us.

How much of an effect will this have on the officiating tomorrow? Could this bring in to many flags tomorrow in an effort to control the game more?

Exittium

Reaction score
You mean like what happened leading up to the last 49ers game? ... And then they even went as far to interview the Ref's pre game ..

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete seems to have a good handle on how to approch this stuff and doesn't get into a media blitz to handle it.

Seeker

Reaction score
Honestly I feel like the eastcoast is doing EVERYTHING it can to stop seattle right now. I haven't seen them scramble like this in forever. I swear bill leavy is gonna ref our superbowl again you can quote me on that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Every good team in football..Holds and tries all kinds of sneaky tatics such as grabbing the shirt at tail end to slow the wr..Seahawks are no worse than 49ers at it..

pmedic920

Reaction score
I hope with the whole "football" world watching, that the Refs will be forced to be fair.
That's all I ask for, FAIR.
We can beat the Saints, not so sure about beating the Saints AND the refs.

Exittium

Reaction score
pmedic920":1yavoo8n said:
I hope with the whole "football" world watching, that the Refs will be forced to be fair.
That's all I ask for, FAIR.
We can beat the Saints, not so sure about beating the Saints AND the refs.

I think we can beat both as long and our D and O stay fighting and doesn't roll over

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I saw a lot of bullshit plays that screamed for the penalty flags to be thrown in last weeks play-off games that stayed in the waist bands of the Refs.
I think they have been instructed to let them play the games, so long as there isn't blatant plays by guys that are aimed at purposely causing another player to be injured, like Payton's Defense as encouraged to do 2 Years ago.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Well you have the crew that called the third most PI's. How do you think it's going to go.

Honestly though, after the 2005 Superbowl, in my mind, you score more points then their penalties can take away. You don't let those penalties kill your momentum. This team has the right mindset to accomplish this.

Even if they throw 8 PI's they still won't equal TD's.

And good luck against the Hawks in the Redzone....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure of two things:

1) We will get the most flags from any team of the weekend.
2) It'll still be less than our average regular season game by a decent margin.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Maybe my eyes are just tired, but i don't see the term "cheat" in that article.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
Basis4day":3bij3d8f said:
Maybe my eyes are just tired, but i don't see the term "cheat" in that article.

The WSJ article implies the cheating, I guess I should have quoted it. This article is in response to that. It's linked in the deadspin article if you haven't seen it yet.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This is all precisely what Jim Harbaugh had in mind when he began whining about it a couple years ago.

Maybe Pete should start complaining about all of the late hits and helmet to helmet hits SF gets away with.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Interesting timing.

Feels like a hit piece planted by a Saints or 49ers PR rep.

Seattle's DBs can get away with physical play because they're big and physical. Other teams can't because they're still trotting out 5'10"-6'0" DBs who are drafted based on speed and how easily they can open their hips. Pete Carroll changed the paradigm for DB evaluation. Now, the rest of the league wants to cry foul (until they can catch up by copying his approach). Don't hate just cause your small DBs get floored when they try to jam.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've only seen maulings happen when they're called.

the DB's get rough with the receivers off the snap, thats totally legal until what after 5 yards? thats more than enough space to screw up timing and let the pass rush get to them.

They can bitch and moan all they want, when our DB's maul a receiver its called, sometimes when it doesn't even happen its called.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is dirty pool, 100 percent. For that Skank Oliver to interview a REF pregame was about as low as it goes. The WSJ? Meh... it won't matter.