10 million $ bet AGAINST the HAWKS.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A boxer not making a wise financial decision? What the!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Can someone please film his reaction to the moment when he realizes he's not going to be able to collect on that bet? I want to see that SO bad

HawkMeat

Reaction score
There were bets placed like that a few years ago when the Seahawks played the Saints in the playoffs. We know how that turned out

HawkWow

Reaction score
Without even looking at this person's name, you know it's got to be Floyd. Floyd, for the record, is an idiot. But he's a hardcore football fan, has inside information and he has had very good success picking games. Because I don't like anything Pretty Boy Floyd, I'd like to dismiss his success by saying he is only telling us about his winners, but that's likely not the case. Like now, Floyd, always the braggart, reports his bets publicly before the games kick off.

I'd be lying if I said this does nothing to diminish my level of confidence but OTOH, nobody wins at more than a 60-65% clip. If they say they do, they are lying or working with a very small sample size. With that, looks like Floyd is about to lose big. And that makes me very happy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hmmm. Just checked the line and it hasn't budged. I'm calling BS on Floyd until he produces a photocopy of his ticket..as he usually does. A bet of that magnitude would have increased the spread significantly...perhaps as much as 3 pts. This wouldn't be the first time Floyd has been caught-out lying about stuff. Maybe the article should actually read "Floyd says he plans to bet $10,000,000 on Denver to beat the Hawks.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Not at all related to this bet, but it's really sad like multi-millionaires like Money May will be bankrupt in 15 years or less.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The article was only posted an hour or so ago. It will take a bit of time for the spread to move, and they talked about that in the article (shockwaves)(This could make the Seahawks even BIGGER underdogs by week’s end).

The Vegas number crunchers are probably huddled talking about it now deciding what to do.

I would like to see Paul Allen put some money down. It isn't like he can't afford it. Of course he hasn't taken shots to the head most of his life.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Floyd never publishes his losing bets btw.. and I've read he loses a lot.

That said - I won't believe this story unless the line moves. A bet that large would tilt the line to at least -3 and maybe even -3.5

kidhawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":2bbnp733 said:
The article was only posted an hour or so ago. It will take a bit of time for the spread to move, and they talked about that in the article (shockwaves). The Vegas number crunchers are probably huddled talking about it now deciding what to do.

I would like to see Paul Allen put some money down. It isn't like he can't afford it. Of course he hasn't taken shots to the head most of his life.

I don't know what the NFL rules would be on that. I know players, coaches etc. cannot gamble on the NFL at all. I'd assume the owners are under a similar obligation, but haven't actually seen that in black and white

lsheldon

Reaction score
kidhawk":1eb1rbui said:
lsheldon":1eb1rbui said:
The article was only posted an hour or so ago. It will take a bit of time for the spread to move, and they talked about that in the article (shockwaves). The Vegas number crunchers are probably huddled talking about it now deciding what to do.

I don't know what the NFL rules would be on that. I know players, coaches etc. cannot gamble on the NFL at all. I'd assume the owners are under a similar obligation, but haven't actually seen that in black and white

Good point.

Axx

Reaction score
wow does the entire country really feel like seattle stands no chance?????
75-80% of all the betters are going with denver.

vegas is going to have a huge pay day this come monday.

HawkWow

Reaction score
lsheldon":1m6pavwg said:

Wrong. they would move the line instantly. As Mayweather is placing that bet, they are stalling him and the guys behind the scenes are resetting the lines. By the time Mayweather and his entourage hit the front door, the line would have moved to Denver -6.

if they didn't ....they risk Juan Marquez coming in and putting another 10 mil on Denver. Then they have 20 mil to make up and would be forced to raise the line to Denver minus 10.

That's when Floyd and Juan walk right back in and bet 10 mil on Seattle. Hoping to catch the middle and winning both sides of the bet. That's the only way Vegas can lose big money and believe me, they are very keen to that fact (having it happen before).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkWow":3tdxflpj said:
lsheldon":3tdxflpj said:

Wrong. they would move the line instantly. As Mayweather is placing that bet, they are stalling him and the guys behind the scenes are resetting the lines. By the time Mayweather and his entourage hit the front door, the line would have moved to Denver -6.

if they didn't ....they risk Juan Marquez coming in and putting another 10 mil on Denver. Then they have 20 mil to make up and would be forced to raise the line to Denver minus 10.

That's when Floyd and Juan walk right back in and bet 10 mil on Seattle. Hoping to catch the middle and winning both sides of the bet. That's the only way Vegas can lose big money and believe me, they are very keen to that fact (having it happen before).

Exactly why I don't buy this story for a second .. a 10 million dollar bet would immediately move the line .. even if its split up into 5 separate bets as this article reports.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ef7ul4c said:
Floyd never publishes his losing bets btw.. and I've read he loses a lot.

That said - I won't believe this story unless the line moves. A bet that large would tilt the line to at least -3 and maybe even -3.5

Unsure how he differentiates the losers between the winners because he typically posts his ticket before kick off. Yes, he loses a lot..as I said, nobody wins all the time, but he wins a lot as well. But like yourself..I won't believe this bet was made until I see the ticket (or line adjustment).

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3pr2uxwz said:
HawkWow":3pr2uxwz said:
lsheldon":3pr2uxwz said:

Exactly why I don't buy this story for a second .. a 10 million dollar bet would immediately move the line .. even if its split up into 5 separate bets as this article reports.

The line has moved a few times since the original line, it's possible that the bet was placed a few days ago.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Axx":2o8hty3p said:
wow does the entire country really feel like seattle stands no chance?????
75-80% of all the betters are going with denver.

vegas is going to have a huge pay day this come monday.

Vegas will have a huge payday even before Monday, Axx. Unless they get middled, they will take the juice and make millions regardless of the winner. I promise.