Mr Paul Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

henda1988

Reaction score
What a guy he is. I love his love for the team that he owns, he has such ambition as an owner. I would love for this man to own Newcastle United Football Club because his ambition is brilliant. My Soccer team are currently stuck with an owner who has sold all of our best players for profits and has refused to invest money into the team. He has used our stadium as a billboard for advertisement of his Sports Direct company and doesn't even pay the club any fees for that.

What is the best way to even have a chance of getting in contact with Mr Allen as i am the head of the Newcastle United Supports Trust which has 30k members and would love to put a portfolio of the club forward to him and see if he would be interested in the venture of buying club and making it a force in the Premier League and in the Champions League.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
henda1988":36h0gn19 said:
What a guy he is. I love his love for the team that he owns, he has such ambition as an owner. I would love for this man to own Newcastle United Football Club because his ambition is brilliant. My Soccer team are currently stuck with an owner who has sold all of our best players for profits and has refused to invest money into the team. He has used our stadium as a billboard for advertisement of his Sports Direct company and doesn't even pay the club any fees for that.

What is the best way to even have a chance of getting in contact with Mr Allen as i am the head of the Newcastle United Supports Trust which has 30k members and would love to put a portfolio of the club forward to him and see if he would be interested in the venture of buying club and making it a force in the Premier League and in the Champions League.

Out of curiosity, how can you sell something you don't own?

Jville

Reaction score
henda1988":2x3jvx0d said:

Your asking about Vulcan.
Link >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.vulcan.com/About/The-Vulcan-Story[/urltargetblank]

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3jhm3bbl said:
henda1988":3jhm3bbl said:

:13:

OP
OP
H

henda1988

Reaction score
Well i can put a portfolio forward of the club, it's history, the tradition of the club and what it means to the city. I will also be able to outline potential of the club in the hope that it would urge him to forward a bid to the current owner.

Jville

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1wmssuuq said:
hieroglyphics":1wmssuuq said:
henda1988":1wmssuuq said:

:13:
SMH ...... That has nothing to do with a request for information.

There are moments when I wonder about member reading comprehension.

This is one of them.

mikeak

Reaction score
OP - The salary cap in the NFL pretty much locks in how much an owner spends on a team. It is not about spending the money on players as much as it is in investing in the infrastructure and putting the right people in place.

Baseball is more like European soccer in that you can spend ridicioulus amounts. FIFA fair play rules about spending won't change much in the end. There is no guarantee that a good owner in the NFL is a good owner in the PL.

Allen paid $194 million for the Seahawks 16 years ago. They are only officially valued slightly above $1billion but the freaking Browns sold for $1 billion so I would expect they are worth $1.5 billion or so. That is pretty decent gain on the investment......

I don't think he is in it for the money, I am grateful for what he did and how he allows the right people to run this ship - but don't think that just because of all that he would go in, buy a club and lose a bunch of money for the fun of it.........

Glazer family won a Superbowl.......

godawg

Reaction score
Henda,

I lived in Newcastle in 1978 and loved the people, the city, and the team (though they were in the Second Division back then). The folks in Newcastle were the friendliest I've ever met, and the beer was great too. I hope Paul Allen can save the day for you.,

OP
OP
H

henda1988

Reaction score
godawg":3igj7sy0 said:
Henda,

I lived in Newcastle in 1978 and loved the people, the city, and the team (though they were in the Second Division back then). The folks in Newcastle were the friendliest I've ever met, and the beer was great too. I hope Paul Allen can save the day for you.,

That is great to hear. It is great to come onto a forum and still be able to connect with people who know about Newcastle as a city and as a football club. You probably know that Newcastle lives for its football club, and everybody in the city is always talking about the club. Our current owner Mike Ashley is ripping us apart. He has allowed some of our top assets to be sold in recent years without reinvesting.

He sold Andy Carroll for £35m, Demba Ba for £9m & recently Yohan Cabaye for £23m. He has basically pocketed the money for himself and is also taking the £60m a year TV rights money for himself aswell. He also managed to get a sponsor deal with Wonga for £6m per year. I am yet to see any of this be reinvested.

He is happy to sit and what the team sit in a mediocre position year in and year out as long as we stay in the Premier League and he can pocket his £60m for TV rights and the £20m for staying in the league.

Paul Allen is genuinely a man who would be absolutely loved on Tyneside. Saving this gloom from the impending doom that is Mike Ashley would make him a hero around these parts. Our fan base is second to none, and we always sell out our home games at 52'212 each home game. Stadium expansion is an option aswell, our fan base is on par with that of Manchester United in terms of fan numbers worldwide.

It is as if Mike Ashley is stripping the club of its prized assets i.e players and tv money etc and could finally be on his way out. But we need a buyer, and i am struggling to get a hold of Mr Allen as i know it will be nigh on impossible to anyway, but he is a man that could take us to the heights of Manchester United and Real Madrid, no doubt.

gmo

Reaction score
No offense, but if Paul Allen buys any more sports teams I overwhelmingly hope that it is the Seattle Mariners.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
mikeak":3mhqs32a said:
OP - The salary cap in the NFL pretty much locks in how much an owner spends on a team. It is not about spending the money on players as much as it is in investing in the infrastructure and putting the right people in place.

Baseball is more like European soccer in that you can spend ridicioulus amounts. FIFA fair play rules about spending won't change much in the end. There is no guarantee that a good owner in the NFL is a good owner in the PL.

Allen paid $194 million for the Seahawks 16 years ago. They are only officially valued slightly above $1billion but the freaking Browns sold for $1 billion so I would expect they are worth $1.5 billion or so. That is pretty decent gain on the investment......

I don't think he is in it for the money, I am grateful for what he did and how he allows the right people to run this ship - but don't think that just because of all that he would go in, buy a club and lose a bunch of money for the fun of it.........

Glazer family won a Superbowl.......

Allen does pour as much money as it takes to get the best FO, Coaches and players with his teams. He's done it with the Hawks and Blazers. We tried to get Peyton Manning for crimminy sakes. If he owns a club, he WILL spend a bunch of money for the fun of it.

to the OP though - I think his interest's lies pretty much in the Pacific Northwest as far as sports teams go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts