Seahawks would have dominated any offense in NFL history

Jville

Reaction score
“In my opinion, I would say you could pick any quarterback of all time, on their best day with their best offense, and put it on the field against the Seattle Seahawks the other night and they lose,” Tasker said. “That Seattle Seahawks team would have chewed up any offense I’ve ever seen and spit ‘em out.”
[urltargetblank]http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/05/cbs-tasker-seahawks-would-have-dominated-in-qb-in-nfl-history/[/urltargetblank]

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
I'm an admitted Homer, but someone on NFLN (Heath Evans possibly?) said the early-'90s Cowboys with that monster O Line would have given us fits and I'm inclined to agree.

If it was Evans, I've been impressed with his turnaround over the past month. For so long, he's had that Dilferesque jilted ex-Hawk hate, but he's praised us big-time throughout the playoff from what I've seen. We'll see where he's at next year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":3e1niche said:
I'm an admitted Homer, but someone on NFLN (Heath Evans possibly?) said the early-'90s Cowboys with that monster O Line would have given us fits and I'm inclined to agree.

If it was Evans, I've been impressed with his turnaround over the past month. For so long, he's had that Dilferesque jilted ex-Hawk hate, but he's praised us big-time throughout the playoff from what I've seen. We'll see where he's at next year.

Agreed, it was quite the turnaround I have to admit.

Malfunkshun

Reaction score
SeahawksBMX":13watizt said:

I'm pretty sure it was Jaime Dukes who said it with Heath Evans standing next to him.

theascension

Reaction score
Our biggest weakness is run defense if you took a high powered offense with an outstanding runner (like the '85 bears with walter peyton, people forget they were the 2nd ranked offense), we likely would have had a tougher time.
But this defense is built back to front for the 21st century of passing so yes I'd say we could beat any high powered passing offense.

The amazing thing of the 60% of the country doubting us and espn and others voting 80% peyton manning is it was so ignorant of what we'd done the last 2 years beating Brady, Brees twice and making Ryan and Luck all they could handle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just don't know UNLESS we get to play by the rules whatever offense you're bringing. If so? I agree because we have two things that can't be coached up or schemed. Size and speed, especially speed.

Wartooth

Reaction score
theascension":3c2sdwjf said:
Our biggest weakness is run defense if you took a high powered offense with an outstanding runner (like the '85 bears with walter peyton, people forget they were the 2nd ranked offense), we likely would have had a tougher time.
But this defense is built back to front for the 21st century of passing so yes I'd say we could beat any high powered passing offense.

The amazing thing of the 60% of the country doubting us and espn and others voting 80% peyton manning is it was so ignorant of what we'd done the last 2 years beating Brady, Brees twice and making Ryan and Luck all they could handle.

This defense would have shut down the 85 Bears offense.
They way that the defense' were allowed to play back then, this Hawks D would have been shutting teams out!
And watch as the opposing players were carried off the field...Much like the 85 Bears defense.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Wartooth":vvt2r9i6 said:
theascension":vvt2r9i6 said:

This defense would have shut down the 85 Bears offense.
The way that the defense' were allowed to play back then, this Hawks D would have been shutting teams out!
And watch as the opposing players were carried off the field...Much like the 85 Bears defense.