Do we re-sign Browner

• Yes

Votes: 63 50.8%
  • No

Votes: 61 49.2%

• Total voters

dbsn2420

Reaction score
BB's contract will never be too big to hurt this team. He knows it, who else is going to pay him more at what 30 years old, with some suspensions in his past. Does BB fit better in any other scheme that teams currently use? I think we'll see him compete for his spot next year.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
It is only our nickel spot which is open - he is definitely not a nickel corner.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The only place I could see him on this team is backing up Chancellor. He seemed to lose a step last season and could still be effective as a SS

sutz

Reaction score
I could see it. It seems doubtful he'd have a big market in the league. He could be useful.

JKent82

Reaction score
I think if we're gonna add a corner it'll be a nickel like TDot said. We got Sherm/Maxwell/Lane/Humblethug plus Akeem Auguste on the PS was getting some love. Probably add somebody in the draft as well.

Plus he'll be suspended to start the year. However I do think there's a little benefit to the suspension. This might be a bit of a stretch but it opens a roster spot for the team to evaluate someone else until Browner shows up + insurance for injury.

j hawk

Reaction score
Hate to use a roster spot on someone who will miss the first 4 games and could be out of the league for failing a pee test. Hawks need all thier roster spots in case of injuries etc.Hope we go young in the secondary.

King Dog

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":9p4fpnma said:
I really don't think Browner fits here anymore. Shead can play CB as well as S, Simon is here and ready to develop, Lane can play, and I bet we take another outside corner or sign one. I wonder what JS/PC have in mind for our slot corner position.

How do you know Shead can really play CB or S though other than trusting the coaching staff of course?I thought he looked lost in the NFCCG when he got his chance.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
King Dog":axkosdo9 said:
Smelly McUgly":axkosdo9 said:
I really don't think Browner fits here anymore. Shead can play CB as well as S, Simon is here and ready to develop, Lane can play, and I bet we take another outside corner or sign one. I wonder what JS/PC have in mind for our slot corner position.

How do you know Shead can really play CB or S though other than trusting the coaching staff of course.?I thought he looked lost in the NFCCG when he got his chance.

Boom.

Do I guarantee that Shead will be as good or better than Browner? No. However, the fact that the Seahawks went above and beyond to keep Shead by paying him a higher PS salary than they needed to tells me that they think this could be true, and since they just won a Super Bowl...

sutz

Reaction score
Atradees":1l5zxlu6 said:
Can we tender a guy like Browner or is it too late? Somebody will want him.
Pretty sure he's unrestricted FA. I may be wrong, but I don't think he's eligible.

Atradees

Reaction score
Dang. He can be a liability in coverage compared to what we have become accustomed to; he is still a huge playmaker. Browner has value. In short, he is better than Willie Williams or Kelly Jennings any given Sunday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Can he catch the ball? Could we put him on defense for a series, skip the next series, and then put him on offense??? Nevermind, that is a stupid thought. :stirthepot:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Rocket

Reaction score
HELL yes we do.
He'll come cheap. He's proven.
It was a little pot and it'll be cool in the NFL in a year or two, especially for the Hawks and doncos.