In Schneider We Trust

Paschtorian

Reaction score
This man is (by far) the BEST GM in the league,.....and the fact that he's never been (officially) recognized for this,......is (patently) absurd.

If Jared Allen doesn't want to join a TEAM that is hungry for more than one Superbowl,....for more money (Really?.....The Seahawks are offering, what? 6-8 million a year?............Versus 10 million a year). So be it,...........if he can live without that ring on his finger, so can I.

If they can pick up Kenny Britt for peanuts,......I'm in.

Every re-signing has been great. Every loss has been hard (but, inevitable). Every sacrifice by a player this offseason has been noted.

With John Schneider at the helm (with Pete,.............and an AWESOME owner),........

..........I smell a dynasty.

Even during the "salary cap" age.

The Seahawks will make history. And it will be EPIC.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
I am happy with our one super bowl win, hope they win another. Ill enjoy what ever they do next season though:) I do like all the moves this offseason so far as well.

drdiags

Reaction score
Nope. Not going down this road again. Ruskell had the same song being sung after coming in to put the finishing touches on the 2005 Seahawks. I feel your enthusiasm but let's see if he is still here a decade from now and able to bring in another coach once Pete decides to go be the President of the new LA NFL team.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
drdiags":nystxlon said:
Nope. Not going down this road again. Ruskell had the same song being sung after coming in to put the finishing touches on the 2005 Seahawks. I feel your enthusiasm but let's see if he is still here a decade from now and able to bring in another coach once Pete decides to go be the President of the new LA NFL team.

Must be rough living with the inability to enjoy our success.

CANHawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3bfbnkz0 said:
drdiags":3bfbnkz0 said:

You shut up! Doc's THE MAN!

Harperville

Reaction score
Not saying I disagree, just funny that wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying "In Tim We Trust" and that Ruskell was the best GM ever..

mistaowen

Reaction score
drdiags":2cy9306t said:

C'mon brother. This is nothing like the Ruskell days. We motored along with the best offensive line the NFL has ever seen and that's it. We still have the most talented team in the NFL, by far. Our offense without a stud like Percy Harvin for most games was averaging 26 points a game. It's only the beginning.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Everything we do has Pete's touch on it... He's a better coach by a mile than we've ever had and would've put his touch into a Ruskell led team as well. Not sure we'd be this good with him but we'll never know.

Can we start the season already?????

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
BlueBlood":334uvxr4 said:
Everything we do has Pete's touch on it... He's a better coach by a mile than we've ever had and would've put his touch into a Ruskell led team as well. Not sure we'd be this good with him but we'll never know.

Can we start the season already?????
Yes please. By the way the draft is still coming. We will be better count on it.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
Paschtorian":xq5psdv6 said:
This man is (by far) the BEST GM in the league,.....and the fact that he's never been (officially) recognized for this,......is (patently) absurd.

If Jared Allen doesn't want to join a TEAM that is hungry for more than one Superbowl,....for more money (Really?.....The Seahawks are offering, what? 6-8 million a year?............Versus 10 million a year). So be it,...........if he can live without that ring on his finger, so can I.

my brother has a source inside the vmac that said jared allen's biggest hangup is the dline rotation not the money.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Harperville":sxhx3lfk said:
Not saying I disagree, just funny that wasn't too long ago that everyone was saying "In Tim We Trust" and that Ruskell was the best GM ever..
I agree.

"In ____ we trust" is the kiss of death. This was often the retort when people would question the moves the FO would make.

In the case of John & Pete... we suck in the 4th round.

nanomoz

Reaction score
sedrohawk":2wp85kun said:
Paschtorian":2wp85kun said:

my brother has a source inside the vmac that said jared allen's biggest hangup is the dline rotation not the money.

He should like it. He'll expend energy in better situations and rack up more impact plays per snap. He's not exactly the greatest containment DE lately.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
sedrohawk":2ge39b2o said:
Paschtorian":2ge39b2o said:

Typical. He hasn't changed one iota. Stupid is the political term I believe?

evergreen

Reaction score
drdiags":2oo9o94q said:

That's a hard knock life man! We're light years from that other era. I suppose the Ruskell comparison comes up because both were GMs of the Hawks. Otherwise why even bring up that sorry piece of sh@t? Are you really serious? That's what you think of? He's barely less despised than Ken Berhing! Get over that sh*t! Why open old wounds now when the Seahawks are the best we'ver ever been? We're on top of the football world and Ruskell has had nothing to do with it other than to mark the depths of the despair we've risen so far above. What we have now is the envy of all other fan bases. Belicheck is starting our cast offs and trying to copy our style of play. We're ahead of the curve and it's freakin' awesome! For once in this world it wasn't better before! It's never been better than now and John Schneider is a major reason! Dude, Get Happy!

hawk45

Reaction score
Lord, Ruskell had one decent draft and then went in the toilet. JS put together this team with Pete from nothing, literally turning over the entire roster and building a SB team in a few short years. Holy crap are they nothing alike.

drdiags

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1hfq1wi7 said:
drdiags":1hfq1wi7 said:

I can live in the enjoyment, not going to go all delusional and start spouting off. I leave that to you Mr. T Sizzle. Sounds up your alley.

drdiags

Reaction score
evergreen":2tmj4gz9 said:
drdiags":2tmj4gz9 said:

That's a hard knock life man! We're light years from that other era. I suppose the Ruskell comparison comes up because both were GMs of the Hawks. Otherwise why even bring up that sorry piece of sh@t? Are you really serious? That's what you think of? He's barely less despised than Ken Berhing! Get over that sh*t! Why open old wounds now when the Seahawks are the best we'ver ever been? We're on top of the football world and Ruskell has had nothing to do with it other than to mark the depths of the despair we've risen so far above. What we have now is the envy of all other fan bases. Belicheck is starting our cast offs and trying to copy our style of play. We're ahead of the curve and it's freakin' awesome! For once in this world it wasn't better before! It's never been better than now and John Schneider is a major reason! Dude, Get Happy!

I just don't believe in putting folks on pedestals. Just let them do their job. All the other fluff is just folks shooting off guns. Nothing wrong with that but I think it is over the top.

But, I will take my own suggestion and just shut the hell up. I just don't agree with some of the rah rah stuff. Then again, I can be just as fired up as the next guy. Just wanted to put out my thoughts on going overboard with the JS is god line of thinking.