The Bandwagon is kinda true

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I'm glad everyone here isn't part of the wagon.

The Seahawks 12k every year has grown. 2,000-4,000 in 3 years.
This 4th year? 12,000. Maybe the 12's wanted to make the 12k have 12k runners?

Ugh, either way, it sucked this year. SO crowded.
They did add some cool things like having a giant blow up Lombardi, and confetti blew off at the start.

A few years ago.......... 20:02 5k.

Attachments

• 12k.jpg
    12k.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,109

Uncle Si

Reaction score
more money for charity though...

you ran a 20 minute 5k in a football helmet? top drawer

Tical21

Reaction score
Or you could not be a complete douche, be happy for A Better Seattle and the at-risk youth that they help, and hope for twice as many people next year.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":rwap7tm3 said:
Or you could not be a complete douche, be happy for A Better Seattle and the at-risk youth that they help, and hope for twice as many people next year.

I think he did say that, so you could try to not be a complete douche by calling out someone for being a complete douche that wasn't at all being a complete douche.

Back on topic, I agree that the more casual fans have definitely come out of the woodwork due to the success, but I don't see it as a negative thing at all, and I have never really understood people that claim it's somehow a slight on their "I'm a true fan because I've been there from the start" point. The more the merrier I say, especially when it means more money for a great cause as was this situation!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Last year was better but its nice to see it growing bigger. I didn't mind the crowd cause my Dumbass hasn't ran since the Sound to Narrows last year and I drank til about 2 AM. No bueno running the 12K after that.

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
As a participant it did suck for many.
Because I didn’t mention the money for the charity was a good thing, I’m a douche?

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vrwg5n7 said:
more money for charity though...

you ran a 20 minute 5k in a football helmet? top drawer
Thanks!
Last year I did the 12k @ 6:55 pace with the ball as well. And just before you ask, the jersey says WILSON on the back!

Attachments

• halloween 13.jpg
    halloween 13.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,967

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
One of these days I'm going to get up there and get my run on. I can barely run a mile, but I'm not opposed to dedicating a lot of time and making it worth while to do something like this. If I could do it on a skateboard, I would be all about it.

Also, LOL at the ahole calling people out for getting out and actually doing something to change someones life.

What a prick....haha.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I forgot about it...My neighbors came back from it yesterday and said they had a great time. Next year for sure!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":emeg9uv6 said:
As a participant it did suck for many.
Because I didn’t mention the money for the charity was a good thing, I’m a douche?

Not a douche, but it seems like you're missing the entire point of the race.

It's not put on so you personally can dress up and run around in a Hawks uniform, it's for charity. So why again are you mad that so many people turned out?

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
This year the Seahawks 12K Run at The Landing will collect donations on behalf of and help raise money for A Better Seattle – Led by head coach Pete Carroll & the Seattle Seahawks.

A Better Seattle is a community-wide campaign to raise awareness and funds to hire and deploy professionally trained street outreach workers in Seattle and South King County in partnership with the YMCA of Greater Seattle and local municipalities. The Seattle Seahawks are committed to the community and support Coach Carroll’s vision for A Better Seattle to make a long-term impact for our youth. A Better Seattle is designed to help further develop partnerships between corporations, law enforcement and community groups to build healthy communities and reduce youth violence."

I think it's a great thing. You are twisting my words into it looking like I don't support the charity it helps. I can think it's a bunch of bandwagon fans, and still think it's good, and still think parking and the crowd sucked.

OP
OP
ZorntoLargent

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
BTW, I work with and have helped the community outreach program. I know them personally. They even used my photos on their posters and the web page. I support that race more than 95% of the runners. I don't hate it growing, I was trying to relate one thing to another using the amount of people that didn't support that race before, but now that we win a SB, they are?
Yes, it's good. Yes I think it shows just how many bandwagon fans are out there. <- - - and I never said having more fans was bad. Just an observation. Jesus. No I remember why I hate posting in forums. Always haters on something.

rcaido

Reaction score
You seem like a very selfish person.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":jjiu6eue said:
BTW, I work with and have helped the community outreach program. I know them personally. They even used my photos on their posters and the web page. I support that race more than 95% of the runners. I don't hate it growing, I was trying to relate one thing to another using the amount of people that didn't support that race before, but now that we win a SB, they are?
Yes, it's good. Yes I think it shows just how many bandwagon fans are out there. <- - - and I never said having more fans was bad. Just an observation. Jesus. No I remember why I hate posting in forums. Always haters on something.

Now you're trying too hard.

Listen, I'm sure you're awesome and do great things in the community........but one thing we know about this forum, the members are pretty adept at interpreting a post. So if you're catching flak over this, you probably wrote it in a way that made you look a little selfish. Not saying you are that, but that's how people took it.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tical21":ecvjk23b said:

I think you easily could have made the same point without the unnecessary name calling. Success does have its financial benefits, for Seattle, the Seahawks, and the charities they support.

But there are also the customary downsides of success for the long-time fan. More demand equals less convenience and higher ticket prices for those long-time fans. But is it all worth it in pursuit of a dynasty? Hell yes, it is.

Decimation

Reaction score
Yes, there are tons of new fans, but why does it matter? I'm glad our fan base has expanded dramatically over the years; and if people enjoy watching Seahawk football as much as we do, then so be it. The more the merrier to enjoy the ride.

Tical21

Reaction score
hawknation2014":lxvol97z said:
Tical21":lxvol97z said:

I think you easily could have made the same point without the unnecessary name calling. Success does have its financial benefits, for Seattle, the Seahawks, and the charities they support.

But there are also the customary downsides of success for the long-time fan. More demand equals less convenience and higher ticket prices for those long-time fans. But is it all worth it in pursuit of a dynasty? Hell yes, it is.
True, I easily could have, and chose not to. I donate a lot of my free time to children's charities, and those that need their help. For this guy to actually say that A Better Seattle has too many contributors pisses me off to the point that I lost sleep last night because of it. How in the world can anyone say ANYTHING negative about ANY charity event that is trying to help children. I don't get it. Today I am ashamed to be a part of that guy's city and fanbase. He has no idea what these charities go through on a daily basis to do anything they can to help the kids that come from nothing. We're really sorry that our minor victory in the struggle to raise money for children negatively impacted your time in the 5k.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Tical21":3je8vxxg said:
hawknation2014":3je8vxxg said:
Tical21":3je8vxxg said:

True, I easily could have, and chose not to. I donate a lot of my free time to children's charities, and those that need their help. For this guy to actually say that A Better Seattle has too many contributors pisses me off to the point that I lost sleep last night because of it. How in the world can anyone say ANYTHING negative about ANY charity event that is trying to help children. I don't get it. Today I am ashamed to be a part of that guy's city and fanbase. He has no idea what these charities go through on a daily basis to do anything they can to help the kids that come from nothing. We're really sorry that our minor victory in the struggle to raise money for children negatively impacted your time in the 5k.

Fart

Status
Not open for further replies.