Chances of Re-PETE.

How realistic do you think the Hawks chances are of back-to-back Championships?

• I think it's a near certainty. We are the template the rest of the NFL is copying right now.

Votes: 18 13.0%
  • If we can get past the 49ers and NFC West again, it's ours.

Votes: 54 39.1%
  • I give it a 50/50 chance with injuries and all the other variables at play.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I don't feel too good about it actually. It's SO rare to win back-to-back!

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • No way at all. I am a 49ers fan and I hate you all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I met up with a buddy of mine who is a fellow diehard 12 who I had not seen in a year or so and it was quite the fun conversation reminiscing about SBXLVIII as you can imagine. We both felt precisely the same way (he's more analytical and practical than I will ever be) about the Seahawks chances of rePETEing this year. He won quite a bit of money from Vegas betting on the Hawks to win it all a year ago. Curious to see where you all stand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2im3uzfm said:
Winning the NFC West will be even more difficult. We win that and it's........downhill!
Yep. It's been interesting explaining to Chief fans just how much Thunder and Lightning is coming their way this year......they having a hard time believing Arizona and San Francisco would have beaten Denver like a drum also.

They haven't quite grasped the fact that the current NFC West is 3-4 deep back in the days of the when Lawrence Taylor played in the NFC East.

Sac

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3glddob8 said:
Winning the NFC West will be even more difficult. We win that and it's........downhill!

I'm not so sure. The Cardinals defense has taken a hit losing Dansby, and they have nobody else at LB. The Niners are a cluster right now. The Rams I can see improving, but not enough to knock us off IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Draft is coming Sac and San Francisco has 774 picks and well this draft is the Rams to lose. And while Dansby is man LB's aren't impossibly hard to find for 3-4 defenses.

Sac

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3d55w9ca said:
Draft is coming Sac and San Francisco has 774 picks and well this draft is the Rams to lose. And while Dansby is man LB's aren't impossibly hard to find for 3-4 defenses.

DON'T mess WITH MY OPTIMISM, WOMAN!

Edited by Chris, we know Sac gets all exited and forgets he's not in the Shack at times, we all know that masked bombs are not allowed in the other forums...................................

AgentDib

Reaction score
The vegas odds are fair at 1 in 6 but how confident you feel about that is a matter of perspective.

On one hand it sounds pessimistic if you view next season as a single event or look at the poll here where even 1 in 2 odds would only be "middling" confidence. However, i think it is easy to lose sight of there being 32 teams in the league and that as a result an "average" team would only have a 1 in 32 chance of winning each year.

The better way to look at it is that 1 in 6 odds are very good. They are the best next year and as such we are currently the favorites to win it again. Moreover, if we can keep up our odds in single digit territory over the next few years then it very plausible that we could pick up several more championships over the remainder of Pete's new contract.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I honestly think winning the division again will be more difficult than winning the Super Bowl again.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
My feeling doesn't really fit the options. I think that we solidly have a 1-in-5 chance or so, which is really good as 1 of 32 teams in the league. Even the strongest defending champion coming back can't be 50/50 to ship the whole thing before the season starts.

Sac

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":29o5idlb said:
MizzouHawkGal":29o5idlb said:

DON'T mess WITH MY OPTIMISM, WOMAN!

Edited by Chris, we know Sac gets all exited and forgets he's not in the Shack at times, we all know that masked bombs are not allowed in the other forums...................................

Oops

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm in the category that feels Arizona and St. Louis are overrated coming into the year. Still think it's a 2-team race at the top.

That said, to repeat, we will need a lot of breaks again. Will need to stay healthy first and foremost, then win the division and play, at least, .500 ball on the road. I think if we do that.. we're looking at another 12 or 13 win season.. the top seed.. and that would greatly increase our odds of going back to the Super Bowl.

So basically I'm in the 50/50 area right now. It's REALLY hard to repeat as champs in the NFL. Though I think we have the best odds to do so since the Patriots were able to go back to back.